Rabbi falsely accuses Dawkins of being anti Semitic.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rabbi falsely accuses Dawkins of being anti Semitic.

No sorry Jews, this has nothing to do with wanting genocide of human beings in real life. I am sorry it bothers Jews that atheist go after your books of myth too. This is strictly a book review, like a bad movie or bad book. Nobody should want any group wiped out in real life, but you don't get to set up taboos to avoid criticism of bad claims. The god character Yahweh is a tribal gang leader, no not the way humans want to view him, but a tribal leader because of the REAL life humans lived in BACK THEN, in tribal kingships, back then humans lived in very tribal groups and BACK THEN the tribe followed the king and loyalty was expected, BACK THEN. On top of that Hebrews simply took a polytheistic lesser god of the Canaanites Yahweh, and took this polytheistic lesser god, under the head god EL who was head TOP GOD of the divine family, and took Yahweh and made him the only god. This god was a storm god, reflecting the tribal rivalries between REAL tribes back then. It is not that atheists say this out of hate of human rights, we say this as a criticism of taking ANY god claim literally as fact. ALL religions get upset needlessly in reality when you simply say "That is not the way it happened in reality". Just like when Muslims claim they will get 72 virgins, or when Christians claim a man can survive rigor mortis. We criticize ALL religions, and I find it sick that Jews out of all the religions in the world would forget what lack of questioning does. Ann Frank would NOT be happy with some Jews considering the silence of criticism that lead German Christians to slaughter 6 million Jews. I do not think she would be happy with some Jews hiding behind the Holocaust to avoid criticism. "That is not true", or "Your character is not as nice as you'd like to paint him", is not the same as saying "get ride of everyone in real life". NO NO NO NO, and knock it off. Jews don't get a pass anymore than they give Muslims on their claims, anymore than Christians should on their claims. NOBODY should call for the genocide of any group, but that does not give the book or the claims that people derive from them a pass. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...h-God.html

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

QUOTE ARTICLE "

"Yahweh is a warrior for his people, a storm-god typical of ancient Near Eastern myths,"

Yes, and most of antiquity in most of the world lived in tribes which were localized and competing against each other, and conquest was attributed to the divine.

Humans invented these characters, the gods themselves were never real, the gods were a reflections of humans desires. Critics of religion go after the idea, not the human rights. It isn't bigoted to say Apollo never existed either.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.