Another Greedy Selfish Employer Blames Obamacare

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another Greedy Selfish Employer Blames Obamacare

http://www.tricities.com/news/local/article_f440826a-45cc-11e3-8e09-001a4bcf6878.html

Quote:

Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 10:47 pm | Updated: 10:58 pm, Mon Nov 4, 2013.
BY DAVID MCGEE | BRISTOL HERALD COURIER
BRISTOL , Va. – City school leaders could decide next month to get substitute teachers from an employment agency due to cost concerns related to the Affordable Care Act.
On Monday, the city School Board tabled a proposal to contract with Kelly Educational Services for substitute teachers. The board is now expected to make that decision at its December meeting.
“We’ve got a tough decision to make and this is new ground for us,” Superintendent Mark Lineburg said. “We’re trying to figure out how to navigate some of our part-time employees and be fiscally prudent. Costs are going up for part-time employees with the Affordable Care Act and substitutes fall under that. We’re trying to figure out whether it’s best to keep them or to out-source them to a company that deals with substitute teachers as temporary workers.”
The division’s current budget for substitute teachers is $175,000 and is expected to rise either way, Lineburg said.
“We can do it ourselves. The impact to the budget is going to be $30,000 to $50,000. If we keep them it will cost us a little bit more,” Lineburg said.

Of course, these greedy capitalist pigs are just blaming Obamacare. They don't really need to use a temp agency, they just wanted to because they are dicks and are using the law as an excuse. They should shut up, stop their whining and just pay the extra $50,000. They are probably just racists trying to make poor Bama look bad.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

http://www.tricities.com/news/local/article_f440826a-45cc-11e3-8e09-001a4bcf6878.html

Quote:

Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 10:47 pm | Updated: 10:58 pm, Mon Nov 4, 2013.
BY DAVID MCGEE | BRISTOL HERALD COURIER
BRISTOL , Va. – City school leaders could decide next month to get substitute teachers from an employment agency due to cost concerns related to the Affordable Care Act.
On Monday, the city School Board tabled a proposal to contract with Kelly Educational Services for substitute teachers. The board is now expected to make that decision at its December meeting.
“We’ve got a tough decision to make and this is new ground for us,” Superintendent Mark Lineburg said. “We’re trying to figure out how to navigate some of our part-time employees and be fiscally prudent. Costs are going up for part-time employees with the Affordable Care Act and substitutes fall under that. We’re trying to figure out whether it’s best to keep them or to out-source them to a company that deals with substitute teachers as temporary workers.”
The division’s current budget for substitute teachers is $175,000 and is expected to rise either way, Lineburg said.
“We can do it ourselves. The impact to the budget is going to be $30,000 to $50,000. If we keep them it will cost us a little bit more,” Lineburg said.

Of course, these greedy capitalist pigs are just blaming Obamacare. They don't really need to use a temp agency, they just wanted to because they are dicks and are using the law as an excuse. They should shut up, stop their whining and just pay the extra $50,000. They are probably just racists trying to make poor Bama look bad.

That is not the workers fault, that is the greed of the insurance company. Compare the size of the house the insurance company CEO lives in vs the house of the middle class they insure. Fuck the crybaby rich.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:That is not

Brian37 wrote:

That is not the workers fault,

Obviously, it is the fault of people like you who elected the idiots who wrote this convoluted law.

Brian37 wrote:

that is the greed of the insurance company.

What does the insurance company have to do with anything? The school district isn't buying insurance.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

That is not the workers fault,

Obviously, it is the fault of people like you who elected the idiots who wrote this convoluted law.

Brian37 wrote:

that is the greed of the insurance company.

What does the insurance company have to do with anything? The school district isn't buying insurance.

No, the only reason it isn't is good as it could be is because of the corporate and republican obstructionism. GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY, that is how you can help.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No, the only

Brian37 wrote:

No, the only reason it isn't is good as it could be is because of the corporate and republican obstructionism. GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY, that is how you can help.

#1 I am out of the way. I have done nothing in regards to Obamacare except to renew my company's insurance plan in October so we won't have to decide whether or not to completely stop offering insurance until October next year.

#2 Which republican obstructionists? As you have gleefully reminded me, they lost the election and have no power. The democrats had complete power in both houses and the presidency when this law was passed. The republicans tried to obstruct it in the Senate, but they didn't even have enough people to maintain a filibuster. The only republican who had any influence over what the bill said was Ben Nelson and that is only the provision that allows states to decide whether or not abortion had to be covered by insurance and the Cornhusker Kickback which was taken out during reconciliation.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

#1 I am out of the way. I have done nothing in regards to Obamacare except to renew my company's insurance plan in October so we won't have to decide whether or not to completely stop offering insurance until October next year.

#2 Which republican obstructionists? As you have gleefully reminded me, they lost the election and have no power. The democrats had complete power in both houses and the presidency when this law was passed. The republicans tried to obstruct it in the Senate, but they didn't even have enough people to maintain a filibuster. The only republican who had any influence over what the bill said was Ben Nelson and that is only the provision that allows states to decide whether or not abortion had to be covered by insurance and the Cornhusker Kickback which was taken out during reconciliation.

No you are not, poor people are to blame and fuck us.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: No you are

Brian37 wrote:

No you are not, poor people are to blame and fuck us.

Brian the dish washing poet

An idiot who yet doesn't know it

In the grip of his lunatic dreams

He shits in his diaper and screams

He blames the Capitalist Pigs

For his failures 'cause the system is rigged

Beyond Saving is his favorite obsession

( Like Prozac and his Smith and Wesson )

Beyond is a financial success

While Brian's a poor fucking mess

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Guys, cut it out.

Guys, cut it out. Seriously, just fucking stop. 

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Brian

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian the dish washing poet... (cut to save space)

LOL    A thoroughly amusing poem, Prozac!  (though it is rather unkind)

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote: Guys, cut

Antipatris wrote:

Biting satire of the poetic variety offends you to the point of intervening yet  Brian posting to Beyond ( who is a Libertarian )

"My devotion ? Your breath smells like Ayn Rand's dead pussy." 

doesn't seem to activate your selective outrage.  Why ?

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Antipatris wrote:

Biting satire of the poetic variety offends you to the point of intervening yet  Brian posting to Beyond ( who is a Libertarian )

"My devotion ? Your breath smells like Ayn Rand's dead pussy." 

doesn't seem to activate your selective outrage.  Why ?

Oh for fuck's sake...

"guys" refers to the both of them. Not you. 

When you people aren't dealing with theists, you all get seriously annoying.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: No, the only

Brian37 wrote:

woooow, almost those exact words have been said in a loooot of interesting places in history...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:When you

Antipatris wrote:

When you people aren't dealing with theists, you all get seriously annoying.

You don't spend much time here do you ?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:   

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

You don't spend much time here do you ?

LOL

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:woooow, almost

iwbiek wrote:

woooow, almost those exact words have been said in a loooot of interesting places in history...

I would be interested to know if they were phrased with that same exact verbiage though Smiling

Couldn't resist.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

I guess that excludes you for electing idiots?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I guess that excludes you for electing idiots?

No one I voted for got more than 5% of the vote. So yeah, I have not elected any idiots at all.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Every Western democracy

Every Western democracy has universal health care so it's about time we got it! American presidents have tried it for a hundred years but they failed and now Obama has come closer than anyone else! The right wing are just a bunch of racists because universal healthcare was originally a conservative idea proposed by the Heritage Foundation in the 1990s but now since the black guy brought it up they don't want it!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:No one I

Beyond Saving wrote:

No one I voted for got more than 5% of the vote. So yeah, I have not elected any idiots at all.

I had never thought of it that way, but that is part of the benefit from being in self-imposed political purgatory for me, I can not say that I have elected any idiots.

Perhaps I should just become an ex-pat somewhere in Europe.

Drink liquor and write books in street cafes and engage in endless discussions. Yeah, I can see that.

― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Every Western Democracy has

Every western democracy has also eliminated the death penalty those pussies.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Beyond

harleysportster wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I had never thought of it that way, but that is part of the benefit from being in self-imposed political purgatory for me, I can not say that I have elected any idiots.

Perhaps I should just become an ex-pat somewhere in Europe.

Drink liquor and write books in street cafes and engage in endless discussions. Yeah, I can see that.

Yeah, it is kind of fun to criticize from the outside. It would suck to finally win an election and then discover your candidate is an idiot. I believe that I would be able to tell that they were an idiot and wouldn't blindly support them like so many do who are loyal to the r or d.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Yeah, it

Beyond Saving wrote:

Yeah, it is kind of fun to criticize from the outside. It would suck to finally win an election and then discover your candidate is an idiot. I believe that I would be able to tell that they were an idiot and wouldn't blindly support them like so many do who are loyal to the r or d.

True. I have no guarantee that any of the candidates that I have voted for would do any good or not. I simply some times would like to see one win just to say that it could be done. But I doubt they would be able to do any good with all of the games and deals involved in the political process.

I too generally support or go against a candidate regardless of the party.

I say one thing, and the right wing calls me a liberal and bleeding heart. I say another thing, and the left wing calls me an extremist nutcase.

So I really have no party and can not even say that I agree with that much of the Libertarians sometimes. So, I am still in political purgatory.

― Giordano Bruno

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Every

Beyond Saving wrote:

Not true. Japan still has the death penalty & they arguably have an even more punitive prison system than we do!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Not true. Japan still has the death penalty & they arguably have an even more punitive prison system than we do!

Oh? I see that American geography classes are producing to their usual standard. If you are going to call Japan a "Western democracy" then there are a handful of countries over there that don't have universal healthcare but are democracies. 

For sure, Japan's legal system is very effective. It also is not one I would choose to live under. Authoritarian police control and not worrying about little things like civil rights can be very efficient means of controlling crime.

Although, I suppose that Japan is as much a western democracy as Obamacare is Universal Healthcare. We would have been far better off copying our neighbors who actually are in western democracies and have a system that actually was universal. 

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 When fully implemented

When fully implemented without disgusting Repuke obstruction Obamacare would cover 93 percent of the nation which is by FAR the most in American history! The overreaction to less than 5 percent of the nation getting policies canceled because they are inferior is totally INSANE! You realize Ronald Reagan said it was the "end of America" when Medicare was passed? Both Medicare and Social Security had problems when they started too!  My insurance and everyone I know is just fine and has not been touched by Obamacare!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

When fully implemented without disgusting Repuke obstruction Obamacare would cover 93 percent of the nation which is by FAR the most in American history! The overreaction to less than 5 percent of the nation getting policies canceled because they are inferior is totally INSANE! You realize Ronald Reagan said it was the "end of America" when Medicare was passed? Both Medicare and Social Security had problems when they started too!  My insurance and everyone I know is just fine and has not been touched by Obamacare!

Lol, okay. And I am sure the 7 million young invincibles they are counting on will sign up next week. And I am sure my insurance agent lied when he told me the group plan I have for my employees will be canceled next year. You see, most businesses don't renew in January, for a variety of reasons employer plans tend to renew June-October. The reality is that the law dramatically changes the way rates must be calculated and puts many requirements that most plans didn't follow. The effect on employer plans will be smaller, but it will happen. That is why some large corporations are looking at self-insuring. Then they can discriminate using the hiring process to control medical expenses.

If I remember, you are a young male- unless you have some medical condition that led to you getting high rates, your premiums will rise whenever your plan renews because the law requires that the cheapest age groups premiums cannot be less than 1/3rd of the oldest age group.

And in case you haven't noticed, both medicare and social security still have problems. Both will require tax increases or benefit cuts within 20 years.

But hey, I am sure you are right, politicians never lie and people like you are going to get exactly what you deserve.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
BREAKING NEWS:Larry Summers:

BREAKING NEWS:

Larry Summers: Obamacare benefits surpass expectations

CNBC.com  11/13/13 7:58 AM ET

The problems with the Obamacare website are great theater for the media, but since the health-care law passed it's bent the cost curve, former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers told CNBC on Wednesday. Health-care reform has cut costs as a percentage of GDP, he said in a "Squawk Box" interview, adding the benefits of Obamacare are already beyond what anyone thought possible. Summers had been a leading candidate to take succeed Ben Bernewanke as chairman of the Federal Reserve, until President Barack Obama chose Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen.