The reasons I Believe in God! Part 2

BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
User is offlineOffline
The reasons I Believe in God! Part 2

When I was much younger my mother and I stayed in an apartment complex and her lease had come up. She didn't want to renew it because she didn't want to trapped under a new lease for a whole year. The office was sending her letters that if she didn't renew her lease the rent would go up. Instead of 445 it would 475. Then it was 500. Finally, they sent a letter saying that if she didn't renew the lease it would go up to 525 a month. My mom was like, Kevin there is no way we can do this I can't afford that and I want to move!. So later that night as I took our dog for a walk in the field across the way. I have heard of different ways your suppose to pray and I did everything wrong except one. And that was that when you pray you need to be specific about what you pray for. I was standing, not kneeling...My eyes were wide open, not closed...I didn't clasp my hands together and instead of praying quietly, reverently, silently..I prayed aloud. I was specific in my prayer. I said God I ask not for me but for my mother. I am not worthy of your mercy,love or even grace but for Her I ask you to answer this prayer. Lord, we need a house...one with a fence around the front yard for the dog, an enclosed driveway for the car, and it needs to be at least 400 a month.........In Jesus name I pray Amen. This prayer was similar to the best of my recollection but the specifics are accurate. The following morning after waking up my mother said, Kevin, I think I found us a place to stay. It's a house. It has a front yard with a fence around it for Keisha and an enclosed driveway....and I can't believe this but it's only 400 a month....needless to say I was floored because I didn't tell her or anyone else about the prayer...apparently she came across the ad in the paper...talk about timing....Later when we went to go visit the house there was already a young lady being shown the house with her baby.. My mom looked at me shaking her head going I don't think were going to get this house Kevin... your older and the landlady might think your a partier or whatever...and just then the Land lady who was further down the fence turned and look right at me and said Don't worry Kevin I promised your mother this house...................   ................................................................ this was the last house she was ever in before she died!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY

BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian you're absolu---

Brian, you are absolutely right...in fact I heard that today in church...basically God can take care of himself so quit worrying about it!

It is just that I don't blast Buddha, Vishnu, Thor or whoever for the sake of saying I don't believe in your gods so they are bovine caca!

I would hope I get at least the same courtesy that's all! You don't have to be rude about it...even though i too have responded back with my little jabs because like I stated earlier I'm not so readily going to turn the other cheek...maybe that's why you like bantering with me..but I am not perfect and never once did I make that claim...

trust me ...I find faults with doctrines and churches, and hypocrites just like you do....but the difference is like I said the belief of God is inherrant in me and I can't explain why. I just know that I know and one day some of us will be right and others will be wrong...One day we will know the truth whatever that may be. 

I am a sinner, and a hypocrite I admit it but that's what's great about God is that He loves me in spite of my sins. And He loves you in spite of your lack of wisdom or knowledge of Him. Hell may even be fabrication to scare people into worshipping God and if that is the case,then God will take care of those who blasphemed His Words in order to convert sinners. I'm not here to convert like I said, you or anyone else..I'm just defending my belief in God..and everyone else is on their own. Whether you believe or don't that fine to me it's your life and your death. But, if somehow you become enlightend or even inspired by something I say that might make you reconsider your position on His Holiness then I would think thats not bad either!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: Oh if it was

BADWAY wrote:

Oh if it was all that simple.

And maybe I was a little harsh on Ciarin but then again I think she was harsher on God!

Considering your god likes to jerk off while watching people squirm in a lake of fire, I'd say she was pretty tame.

Liberate your mind. Fuck religion.

BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh look!

Oh look it's TypsyBytch....

I tried to be nice with you but your just like Ciarin

you both are pretty.............................annoying..muah though!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: Oh look it's

BADWAY wrote:

Oh look it's TypsyBytch....

I tried to be nice with you but your just like Ciarin

you both are pretty.............................annoying..muah though!

Oh, I see you asked forgiveness from last time so you could insult people again.

Or are you living under Romans 4 which basically abolishes sin for you believer tyoes?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin