The reasons I Believe in God! Part 2

BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
The reasons I Believe in God! Part 2

 When I was much younger my mother and I stayed in an apartment complex and her lease had come up. She didn't want to renew it because she didn't want to trapped under a new lease for a whole year. The office was sending her letters that if she didn't renew her lease the rent would go up. Instead of 445 it would 475. Then it was 500. Finally, they sent a letter saying that if she didn't renew the lease it would go up to 525 a month. My mom was like, Kevin there is no way we can do this I can't afford that and I want to move!. So later that night as I took our dog for a walk in the field across the way. I have heard of different ways your suppose to pray and I did everything wrong except one. And that was that when you pray you need to be specific about what you pray for. I was standing, not kneeling...My eyes were wide open, not closed...I didn't clasp my hands together and instead of praying quietly, reverently, silently..I prayed aloud. I was specific in my prayer. I said God I ask not for me but for my mother. I am not worthy of your mercy,love or even grace but for Her I ask you to answer this prayer. Lord, we need a house...one with a fence around the front yard for the dog, an enclosed driveway for the car, and it needs to be at least 400 a month.........In Jesus name I pray Amen. This prayer was similar to the best of my recollection but the specifics are accurate. The following morning after waking up my mother said, Kevin, I think I found us a place to stay. It's a house. It has a front yard with a fence around it for Keisha and an enclosed driveway....and I can't believe this but it's only 400 a month....needless to say I was floored because I didn't tell her or anyone else about the prayer...apparently she came across the ad in the paper...talk about timing....Later when we went to go visit the house there was already a young lady being shown the house with her baby.. My mom looked at me shaking her head going I don't think were going to get this house Kevin... your older and the landlady might think your a partier or whatever...and just then the Land lady who was further down the fence turned and look right at me and said Don't worry Kevin I promised your mother this house...................   ................................................................ this was the last house she was ever in before she died!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
So do you believe that if

So do you believe that if you hadn't prayed, your mom wouldn't have gotten the house ?


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
 Just extremely odd that my

 Just extremely odd that my prayer and what I asked for was exactly what I had prayed for. And it happend the next day. not a wek later or a month down the road.

If I had just prayed for a home that would be different,,,or a place that was affordable ..in other words the more ambiguous the prayer or less specific the easier I could just pass it off as a lucky coinky dink!  

So If I hadn't of been specific about what I prayed for then whose to say that house wouldn't be available.The fact is and remains.I prayed, was specific about the house and the payment...How many 2 story houses do you know you could rent for 400 a month....Thank you

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Unless this happens every

Unless this happens every time you pray for something specific, that's not really a reason to believe in anything.

BADWAY wrote:
..Thank you

You're welcome.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
You don't think the people

You don't think the people on the 9/11 planes and in the buildings who were murdered prayed to god to save them?

How many people pray for loved ones with incurable diseases to cure them and they still die?

Again, shit happens. Bad shit happens to good people. There is no magic to it and their is no super magical invisible immaterial brain that cares.

You got lucky with that house, that is it. No magic to it. There are far more homeless people who DON'T get lucky. There are far more POOR people who live in shanty towns worldwide where they wallow in their own trash.

What makes you so special?

We all want good things to happen to us. But there is no need to assign a magical puppeteer floating in the cosmos to explain everyday events, good or bad.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
 Seriously Brian all joking

 Seriously Brian all joking and kidding aside I really don't know why me....Your 1000 percent right about others who have died and suffered...Why not me....in a way I guess I have suffered in other ways but my undeniable faith has allowed me to press on when others were not so fortunate...a long time ago a lady looked at me and said I was a prophet...I was like no way this woman is crazy....I'm not a saint, I am my own worst enemy, I sin, but so many people have said unto me that God has His hand on me...that's a humbling thing to take in....I am not special, I am Blessed, and for reasons beyond my comprehension I can't tell you why. I wish Brian I could it would make my life a lot more bearable...but every Christian must bear thier own cross so to speak and endure. I have prayed God to take me out of this game of life for I am too much of a coward to do it myself.....but still...He is there....and I can't explain why Brian but I am thankful. That probably didn't answer your question but again thanks for responding. 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
 anonamouse,Like I said,

 anonamouse,

Like I said, you can belittle the experience all you want but you still can't deny that that was a little incredible...you want to knock it down because in your frame of thought there lies a lonely set of conclusions that have nothing from experience to draw upon so you say...hmmm chance, lucky, timing, one in a million..but the fact is, as the abstract art of atheistic reasoning hangs upon the blank walls of your consciousness, you can only look at it and  say, for this I have no answer, except to conclude based upon the evidence given and the parameters involved this cant be just swept under the rug of chance. This my friend is only my second story there are others and i believe the more I share with you the less and less you have to argue that something greater than you or I is at work here. 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
quote] I have prayed God to

quote] I have prayed God to take me out of this game of life for I am too much of a coward to do it myself...

Why? If you have feelings of depression, and we all do, I certainly have, seek a psychological professional. There is no shame in that. Unless YOU are suffering a terminal illness, depression itself can be managed and is not a death sentence.

When I am down, I talk to my friends. I find comfort in my pets. I seek out other like minded people. What I find is that even when bad happens, with good support around you you will get through it.

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS. Many here, including me, have had serious depression and you should not feel alone when it happens and you should seek out professional help.

If you are having a hard time dealing with what we have to say, this may be too much for you to handle right now. You should take care of your mental health before dealing with something like this. We want you here, we really do. But ONLY when you are in a good mental state.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
 Oh Brian , thank you for

 Oh Brian , thank you for your concern really....but i'm not depressed right now..I do get negative a lot but this is part of the spiritual battle I'm in.

Doctors don't understand this so they prescribe medicine that doesn't cure the problem and is replete with side effects. I get down on myself because I have always been put down in one form or another... that's why I have my little verbal jabs to counter the ridicule I get here. I can take it..the bible says He won't put on you any more than you can bear...and yes there have been people who endured a lot more than I have and it caused them to question God... I too have doubted even though my own subconcious doubted that I truly doubted which is part of why I believe so stongly in God which will lead into my 3rd account.

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I get down on myself

Quote:
I get down on myself because I have always been put down in one form or another... that's why I have my little verbal jabs to counter the ridicule I get here. I can take it.

So has everyone else in the world been picked on.

I hope you can take it because this website is not a walk in the park. BUT why you think we are picking on you personally is beyond me because I specifically said WE DON'T KNOW YOU PERSONALLY.

This is strictly about the claims that come out of your mouth. We could be talking about sports or politics and if you claimed something about those subjects that was absurd, we would call you on those claims too.

I used to get picked on for personal reasons. As a kid I internalized it and blamed myself for the hangups others had. Do not waste your time worrying about what others think of you. You can only eat yourself alive trying to please everyone, YOU CANT.

BUT if you chose to stay here we are going to blaspheme the claims you make, we are going to pick on the claims you make. BUT, not because we hate you personally. But because it is important to us to show you why you are wrong so you can learn.

No one here is judging you as a person, please understand that. BUT we will be honest about the claims that you make. If it sounds absurd we are going to call it absurd. We won't treat you any differently than if you were a Muslim or Wiccan.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:I have heard of

BADWAY wrote:

I have heard of different ways your suppose to pray and I did everything wrong except one. And that was that when you pray you need to be specific about what you pray for. I was standing, not kneeling...My eyes were wide open, not closed...I didn't clasp my hands together and instead of praying quietly, reverently, silently..I prayed aloud. I was specific in my prayer. I said God I ask not for me but for my mother. I am not worthy of your mercy,love or even grace but for Her I ask you to answer this prayer. Lord, we need a house...one with a fence around the front yard for the dog, an enclosed driveway for the car, and it needs to be at least 400 a month.........In Jesus name I pray Amen.

 

Oh boy Kevin.  Your recollection may be great, however your attempts at prayer I assure you failed.  You did not in fact pray correctly in fact your prayer would've insulted God, as God knows what you need before you ask him. Read very carefully now, on the proper way to pray so you can continue to live your life talking to your imaginary friend, but at least do it properly...

 

Matthew 6:5 explicitly states not to babble on as you did, in fact the only way to pray is to say the Lords Prayer....

Prayer

5“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9“This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,

10your kingdom come,

your will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

11Give us today our daily bread.

12Forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from the evil one.

 

 

Good try though... let's see: The reasons I Believe in God! Part 3 now.

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Sapient...not paying attention!

 I said I did everything wrong.....are you on the same screen...I know what it says and I did everything wrong ,however, Prayer is merely the Heart crying out to God and whether your in a closet, street corner ,or you ,said the Lord's prayer or not, it is the Heart that He listens to. The scripture also says judge not lest ye be judged...so what you transcribed is one way to pray and what it was basically saying to those who were confused about how they should pray the lord said basically, if or when in doubt do it this way but if your heart is right when you pray it wouldn't matter because God doesn't answer B.s. prayers anyway. God answered my prayer not because whether or not i did everything right  but because I did one thing right and humbled my heart for Him. God hears all prayers of the Heart and I beleive its the unselfish ones He answers first...But, I could be wrong, however, the fact is He answered mine and that my friend is good enough for me!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:Like I said,

BADWAY wrote:
Like I said, you can belittle the experience all you want

Who's belitteling ?

BADWAY wrote:
but you still can't deny that that was a little incredible

I don't know enough about the housing market where you live to make any kind of judgement about that.

BADWAY wrote:
...you want to

Actually, you don't know the first thing about what I want.

BADWAY wrote:
...as the abstract art of atheistic reasoning hangs upon the blank walls of your consciousness...

Ooo, nice ! Finally a higher class of bullshit. (Okay, now I'm belittling)

BADWAY wrote:
, you can only look at it and  say, for this I have no answer, except to conclude based upon the evidence given and the parameters involved this cant be just swept under the rug of chance.

How about I just look at it and not see anything supernatural ? That ok with you ?

BADWAY wrote:
This my friend is only my second story there are others

I kinda figured. If it helps, I've heard them all before.

BADWAY wrote:
i believe the more I share with you the less and less you have to argue that something greater than you or I is at work here.

Having had this conversation many times before, I can confidently predict that something else is going to happen.

Still, all the best to you.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Prayer

 

 

 

        May I cite  Mother Teressa of Calcutta who once wrote;  " I don't know why I go to my knees to pray when I know there is nothing there to hear it."  

        This hypocrite is in line for a sainthood.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Sapient...not paying attention!

What about when David prayed remember how he prayed and it was nothing like the Lord's prayer. God want's to hear your Heart not superficial contrite baloney.The lords prayer is for those who can't find the right words to pray...but nice try though. Remember, I said ,God, I pray this not for me..I was being unselfish in my prayer...My heart was in the right place!

Not to mention I left out one little detail when I prayed I was also crying..not that that would mean anything to a heartless imp like yourself but important to note nonetheless for the record!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
prayer

 She is Catholic what do you expect they break the 2nd commandment right off the bat , pray to Mary to intercede on their behalf for Jesus, and improperly baptize....so I don't give her quote any merit!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
anymouse like i said!

 Really, that's the best you can do let me insert yawn here (YAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNN)!

Oh wise sage of nothing to contribute, but a mere attempt to disassociate yourself from anything intelligible to spout so you insert your little ditties to maybe illicit some internet keyboard applause...okay here I go..kdunk kdunk kdunk kdunk....yeah!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:Really, that's

BADWAY wrote:
Really, that's the best you can do let me insert yawn here (YAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNN)!

Bit early in the conversation for me to completely lose track of what you're talking about, but okay, you yawned. So ?

BADWAY wrote:
Oh wise sage of nothing to contribute, but a mere attempt to disassociate yourself from anything intelligible to spout so you insert your little ditties to maybe illicit some internet keyboard applause...okay here I go..kdunk kdunk kdunk kdunk....yeah!

Still not sure what's going on, so I'll just repeat the question I started out with :

So do you believe that if you hadn't prayed, your mom wouldn't have gotten the house ? And would it be possible to answer yes or no ? Thanks.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: I said I did

BADWAY wrote:

 I said I did everything wrong.....are you on the same screen...I know what it says and I did everything wrong

Yes I'm on the screen where your ability to recall something that happened 20+ years ago is crystal clear, but your ability to remember what you said 20 minutes ago is horrible.  Either that or you are lying or unwilling to admit that your prayer was not a valid reason to believe in Jesus.

YOU SAID...

Quote:
I have heard of different ways your suppose to pray and I did everything wrong except one.

 

Quote:

so what you transcribed is one way to pray

What I transcribed is not one way to pray, it is THE way to pray.

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Sapient...not paying attention!

 So What about David? And the way He prayed...was there something wrong with that?

I never said that How my situation happened is a crystal clear account..where did you get that from?

I never said there was one way to pray in fact I suggested it is not so much what or how something is prayed because it (the Prayer) itself is the Heart crying out to God..and God determines the sincerity, humbleness and unselfishness of thine heart. 

I don't know who taught you about God or how to pray but your feeble attempt to contradict my experience with something that isn't necessarily true shows you are quite limited in you understanding of God himself or His precepts.

Ignorance can only go so far before it becomes blatant stupidity.

 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:I don't know

BADWAY wrote:

I don't know who taught you about God or how to pray but your feeble attempt to contradict my experience with something that isn't necessarily true shows you are quite limited in you understanding of God himself or His precepts.

Right because quoting instructions from the bible on how to pray shows just how little I know about your God.  Sorry that you've never learned the right way, it's my fault for knowing the Buy-Bull.

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Sapient...not paying attention!

 ah...Sapient and his rapier wit.......slash slash ooops that's a butter knife be careful you don't spread your self too thin with your hill side banter. Are you sure your not a cereal killer...I would of swore i saw your picture on the side of Post Roasties  at the annual cross burning for podaitrists with agonizing atheist athletes itch.....

Are you responding just because you like my pic what's up...Damian....bored out of your demoniacally demented mind. 

And you still haven't answered my question about David? Right......

Why, can't argue that the way he prayed was infallible? Right........

Can't understand that Jesus was showing a way for people to pray for those who again like I stated earlier are for a lack of better words at a lack for words....Do you really contend that as your argument...that God as infinitely omnipotent as He is can handle somebody's prayer that didn't say Thy Father who Art in Heaven...your going to tell me little Johnny's prayer when he is 6 years old is thrown out because he didn't recite the Lord's prayer..Are you a Mormon or a Moron.....How old are you? 25 I suspect maybe younger....yeah prove me wrong on this one too it would be whole lot easier...for you 

 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: Just

BADWAY wrote:

 Just extremely odd that my prayer and what I asked for was exactly what I had prayed for. And it happend the next day. not a wek later or a month down the road.

If I had just prayed for a home that would be different,,,or a place that was affordable ..in other words the more ambiguous the prayer or less specific the easier I could just pass it off as a lucky coinky dink!  

So If I hadn't of been specific about what I prayed for then whose to say that house wouldn't be available.The fact is and remains.I prayed, was specific about the house and the payment...How many 2 story houses do you know you could rent for 400 a month....Thank you

 

I once did a spell to make it rain, and then it rained. I must be a weather witch.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
 Hi Badway. I've read both

 Hi Badway. I've read both of your stories on why you believe in God and still see nothing convincing. Everything you cite is only circumstantial with Thor being as likely as Yahweh or perhaps random chance.

When I was a believer many very bad things happened to me, but also many good things happened as well.

 

Did this change when I gave up on my imaginary friend? Perhaps.

 

Example - I used to always win at Blackjack and even won drawings for things like turkeys at Thanksgiving, electronic devices at trade shows when I was a believer. It seems that since I have become an atheist that this no longer happens.

Then again, it may be because I have less time to play Blackjack and I no longer go to trade shows and enter no drawings.

When I was a believer, I was in 3 motorcycle accidents, was hit by a drunk driver on a 2 lane road at over 100 mph, my car rolled so I lived, I was shot in the head, destroyed both knees in athletics, trashed my ankle and had reconstructive surgery.

Since I became a non-believer absolutely no issues.

My conclusion could be that god belief caused turmoil in my life.

 

Or perhaps it was just living in a complex world.

 

Luck and kindness that others give you is no more than that. For every person that has stories such as you there are many others that suffer and lose. It's called randomness.

 

Welcome anyway regardless of your belief.

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
just

 Actually I didn't cast a spell but i made it rain too...and did an old Indian rain dance with a cheap spear I got from six flags...but I'll do you one better...i also made it stop....true story!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: Actually I

BADWAY wrote:

 Actually I didn't cast a spell but i made it rain too...and did an old Indian rain dance with a cheap spear I got from six flags...but I'll do you one better...i also made it stop....true story!

 

I did a spell to get big boobs and now I'm 40DDD. True Story.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:I once did a

Ciarin wrote:

I once did a spell to make it rain, and then it rained. I must be a weather witch.

I predicted George Bush would trash the economy and sure 'nuff he did. That means I'm a psychic or seer.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote: I did a spell

Ciarin wrote:

 

I did a spell to get big boobs and now I'm 40DDD. True Story.

   OMG !  Please change your avatar and reveal those glorious appendages !  ... btw, does your Thor's hammer pendant get stuck in your cleavage now ?   

  Anyway, good job !

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:   Ha ha,

Ciarin wrote:

   Ha ha, thank you Ciarin.  They are awesome !  

  ( Even though I'm an atheist I'm thinking about asking Thor to do me a similar favor, just a little lower. )

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
watch out for elephantitus.

watch out for elephantitus.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
big boobies

 Hey can you turn me into a supermodel....34c would be nice and increase my heels selection from a measley 100 pair to 2000

Thanks....

Hey I'm not that smart how did you get your pic up on the comment section i need assistance

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
  Ooops.  BW did you

  Ooops.  BW did you notice that your thread has now been hijacked by a pair of pendulous pagan breasts ?  Wha' happened ?

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  Ooops.  BW did you notice that your thread has now been hijacked by a pair of pendulous pagan breasts ?  Wha' happened ?

A nice pair of breasts conquer all.

It's really that simple.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:A nice

nigelTheBold wrote:

A nice pair of breasts conquer all.

It's really that simple.

    Amen...

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
BW,From what I've read and

BW,

From what I've read and understood so far, you mostly believe in god because you want to believe in god. The hurt, the coincidences, the pain, and the relief of pain, all of that feeds in to your desire to believe.

But you know what? That's okay. Your belief is yours, and yours alone.

I guess my question is, why did you come here, to a group of somewhat ill-behaved atheists? Why do you present your belief to us? It seems a Christian group would be more appropriate.

You know we'll not be able to believe as you do, right? Your reasons for belief are quite personal, and so they don't apply to us, so you have nothing with which to discuss the reality of god. All we can do is discuss your own acceptance of the idea of god. The same with any potential discussion about the actual existence of god -- as your reasons are personal, and not ontological (as per the other thread), there's really nothing to discuss.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I honestly am interested in your motivation. Why here? In the place least likely to receive you with open arms?

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  Ooops.  BW did you notice that your thread has now been hijacked by a pair of pendulous pagan breasts ?  Wha' happened ?

... something more intelligent than the arguments for god... boobs.

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  Ooops.  BW did you notice that your thread has now been hijacked by a pair of pendulous pagan breasts ?  Wha' happened ?

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:What about when

BADWAY wrote:
What about when David prayed remember how he prayed and it was nothing like the Lord's prayer. God want's to hear your Heart not superficial contrite baloney.The lords prayer is for those who can't find the right words to pray...but nice try though. Remember, I said ,God, I pray this not for me..I was being unselfish in my prayer...My heart was in the right place! Not to mention I left out one little detail when I prayed I was also crying..not that that would mean anything to a heartless imp like yourself but important to note nonetheless for the record!

BADWAY, what makes you think we are "heartless"? Because we know that prayer is nothing more than superstition, like lucky horse shoes or 4 leaf clovers? We understand the need for comfort in a time of stress. That is normal for all humans. We seek out comfort too under emotional stress. WE don't assign the crappy times in or lives to a super villain, nor do we pray to a super hero to get us out of it.

We are just as capable of compassion and love as you are. We simply don't assign any good or bad that happen in life to Dungeons and Dragons myth.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Ciarin

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

   Ha ha, thank you Ciarin.  They are awesome !  

  ( Even though I'm an atheist I'm thinking about asking Thor to do me a similar favor, just a little lower. )

Shit, even Mt Everest is saying, " No wonder people are no longer afraid to climb me".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:watch out for

Ciarin wrote:

watch out for elephantitus.

You have a spell for that too ? Remind me never to piss you off.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY, in all seriousness,

BADWAY, in all seriousness, if you learn anything from us PLEASE at least get this. WE do not hate you. We do not treat your claims any differently than anyone else claiming any other naked assertion.

AGAIN, Captain Pinapple can attest, having been here for a couple years now, how relentless we have been toward's her claims. She can also attest that WE don't hate her.

And in another post another theist has been peddling the claim of Karma. I don't hate this person either. BUT all of them, including you, have made claims that cannot be backed up with evidence. THAT is all we do here. We are blunt, we don't pull punches. But we are just as human and just as capable of liking and even loving people we hear make claims ON ANY SUBJECT we may find absurd.

It wouldn't matter to us if you were claiming that Vampires were real. It wouldn't matter if you claimed that Vishnu was real. It wouldn't matter if you claimed that Big Foot was real. A naked assertion to us is such by any name. The only thing we look for, no matter what your claim is, IS EVIDENCE.

BADWAY, if you learn anything here, please learn that we are just as human as you are. We don't hate you. But we are not going to sugar coat life or coddle your insecurities.

Please understand most of us live in countries that are a majority of believers. We could not function if we tried to isolate ourselves. Many of us once believed, including me. All of us have loved ones, family members and co-workers to some degree that believe things we find absurd. You are not special and we are not treating you any differently than we would anyone else.

So again, we want you to stay. But you will not survive here if you take things personally.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
 To all, I can only relate

 To all, I can only relate the fact that like I mentioned earlier I am not your A Typical Christian or even Theist for that matter...

I am a Believer in a God who loves not condemns that is not to say He doesn't punish but because He loves us He just want's us to have the best, so since we have been separated from paradise ever since man disobeyed His creator it is easy to understand  why man feels to obtain paradise as portrayed in the Bible but it is attainable and He want's to restore paradise here on Earth but until then He must wit until the Gospel has fully reached the outer most parts of our globe. And we are very close to that with the technology we have today. When a tribe in the amazon forest starts having iphones and digital billboards popping up in their neck of the woods...you will then, I believe, you will then witness the Messiahs' return as predicted...

I'm not talking about one bill board here and there or a couple of phones....There must be in essence a system in place where no matter where you are at you will witness His return.

Be ready guys...that's all I can say!

And if this is going to turn into a porn thread...please put your mountains in someone else's post who will enjoy it...I love women but ones with taste....and really I'm not impressed by your deviant attempt to sidetrack an otherwise intellectual discussion and belittle it to nothing more than a juvenile and immature if not degrading characterization of yourself.....

And I didn't wake up a supermodel 34c so your spell powers have been thwarted....but I assume you didn't even try...like most ahteists,agnostics and polytheists how could I dare think you would do otherwise !

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Uh... why would I cast a

Uh... why would I cast a spell on some guy on the internet?

 

 

And yes, you're a typical christian and theist.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:And if this is

BADWAY wrote:

 

And if this is going to turn into a porn thread...please put your mountains in someone else's post who will enjoy it...I love women but ones with taste....and really I'm not impressed by your deviant attempt to sidetrack an otherwise intellectual discussion and belittle it to nothing more than a juvenile and immature if not degrading characterization of yourself.....

And I didn't wake up a supermodel 34c so your spell powers have been thwarted....but I assume you didn't even try...like most ahteists,agnostics and polytheists how could I dare think you would do otherwise !

   Sorry BW, perhaps some of us did not realize how incredibly important you perceive your presence here. I agree to dispense with any attempts at humor if you agree to stop being insufferably sanctimonious and self righteous.

    If your mission here has been to inform us as to why you believe in God then consider that mission a resounding success,  sorry if sometimes we don't provide you with the type of feedback that you were apparently expecting but we've heard the same basic argument many, many times before and we will continue to deal with it long after you have moved on.  That's just the way it is my friend.

   And really BW ...regarding lively discussions on this forum ( concerning health care for instance )  some of the atheists here go after each other with much more vigor and hostility than you have endured so far. Besides, consider the incredible dissonance that exists between Deuteronomy 22:5 and the fact that we are being given a lecture about God's standards by a man who's wearing a mini skirt, lip stick and eye liner.  That's a paradox if I ever saw one and so far no atheist has chosen to beat you with that handy club. Yet you characterize us as "wolves" ?

   Stay, leave.... it doesn't matter in the long run.   I'll leave you to the other atheists now. 

  Ciao.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
Posts: 47
Joined: 2007-07-12
User is offlineOffline
Stages of the Common Fundie Troll

Stages of The Common Fundie Troll

First Stage - The Wheedles:

"Hi this is not a flame i just want ask question why do you hate christians? not all christians are bad i am not a fundie."

Second Stage - The Ingratiating and Back-patting:

"oh i totally understand and respect your lack of faith...congratulations i'm happy for u...wow i have one of those too isnt it a small world...where are you from i come from there...oh thats terrible i know what ur going thru...hugs!! lots of hugs to everyone, i just want to be yr friendz and spread christian love "

Third Stage - The Apologetics:

"but i'm diffrent i don't hate gay people or steal money from little old ladies like televangelists!!!! i am a true christian who loves everyone just like it says to in the bible its the divine word of god i just want you to understand what my religion is really about i told you i'm not a fundie like the others!"

Fourth Stage - The Defensiveness:

"you don't understand i am not like that i just want to tell you why i'm not like other christians i told you i was different. i'm the minority on this board that's why i brought up my religion you don't know how hard it is to be the only christian here and people are hrting my feeligns i am not a stupid sheeple because i'm religious. ur offending me!"

Fifth Stage - Aaaah, The Hostility (it's finally here):

"you hateful people hate christians!!!!11!!!11! you keep picking on me asking me to justify my beleif well it's my belief it has nothing to do with you so why don't you respect my choice [to not think for myself] and leve me alone. i just want to talk about issues but you are being a mean bitch and i hope when you die you go to hell and are burnd for ever because your evil!"

Optional Sixth Stage - Sabotage w/ Sock Puppet After Being Banned:

"fuck you all you satan worshipers deserve to rot in hell!1!1!!oneone"

Liberate your mind. Fuck religion.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Uh... why would

Ciarin wrote:

Uh... why would I cast a spell on some guy on the internet?

 

 

And yes, you're a typical christian and theist.

 

You cast a spell on me with them tig ol' bitties!

 

And yes I'm a typical man.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
40 DDD?

Ciarin wrote:

BADWAY wrote:

 Actually I didn't cast a spell but i made it rain too...and did an old Indian rain dance with a cheap spear I got from six flags...but I'll do you one better...i also made it stop....true story!

 

I did a spell to get big boobs and now I'm 40DDD. True Story.

 

 

             I'd like to look into that claim,  in person.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Gypsy wytch

 Oh if it was all that simple.

And maybe I was a little harsh on Ciarin but then again I think she was harsher on God!

I'm not a typical Christian obviously. Do I have issues, indubidly , and I don't wish to be the pot calling the kettle black..

but I got suckered into the insult slinging and I got a little carried away but I have stated I am a work in progress...I am no saint...but I believe in a Loving God and will until convinced otherwise...defend my belief in Him as vigorous and as intelligently as I can...If you think this is all about me...you don't have to acknowledge me on these posts...in fact I was surprised anyone responded at all. I am thankful for the responses and hope to continue the dialogue with everyone...but if you don't like what i say or do then hey here's idea don't respond it's just that simple and as far as a third story, trust me there will be a forth and a fifth and so on .....

Lord why do some of the prettiest women have to be Atheist that just ain't fair God....hehe

 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: To all, I can

BADWAY wrote:

 To all, I can only relate the fact that like I mentioned earlier I am not your A Typical Christian or even Theist for that matter...

I am a Believer in a God who loves not condemns that is not to say He doesn't punish but because He loves us He just want's us to have the best, so since we have been separated from paradise ever since man disobeyed His creator it is easy to understand  why man feels to obtain paradise as portrayed in the Bible but it is attainable and He want's to restore paradise here on Earth but until then He must wit until the Gospel has fully reached the outer most parts of our globe. And we are very close to that with the technology we have today. When a tribe in the amazon forest starts having iphones and digital billboards popping up in their neck of the woods...you will then, I believe, you will then witness the Messiahs' return as predicted...

I'm not talking about one bill board here and there or a couple of phones....There must be in essence a system in place where no matter where you are at you will witness His return.

Be ready guys...that's all I can say!

And if this is going to turn into a porn thread...please put your mountains in someone else's post who will enjoy it...I love women but ones with taste....and really I'm not impressed by your deviant attempt to sidetrack an otherwise intellectual discussion and belittle it to nothing more than a juvenile and immature if not degrading characterization of yourself.....

And I didn't wake up a supermodel 34c so your spell powers have been thwarted....but I assume you didn't even try...like most ahteists,agnostics and polytheists how could I dare think you would do otherwise !

BADWAY......This website does not need your advise on what to post. If the admins find something out of the rules, they will address it. Remember that you are a guest here.

BACK ON TOPIC

Quote:
I am a Believer in a God who loves not condemns that is not to say He doesn't punish but because He loves us He just want's us to have the best,

I am glad you cherry pick the bible, because if you took it as literally as many Muslims do the Koran, you'd be slamming planes into buildings.

You have read the bible haven't you? Here it is in 3 parts.

Part 1. Be a good Hebrew and no one gets hurt.

Part 2. Thats not working, I know, I'll sacrifice myself to myself to prove my love for them. Even though I already hit the reset button with the flood in which men, women and children drowned to death.(according to the story, not me)

Part 3. Thats not working, I'll just pick a few friends and burn the shit out of all those billions of other people who chose not to kiss my ass.

Loving? Aids, cancer, pedeophilia, hurricanes, Tsunamis, H1N1, anthrax, ect ect ect ect ect.

He wants us to have the best? He has a funny way of showing it.

BAD.....GO READ THE BIBLE! Take your cheer leading goggles off. It is full of violence from beginning to end. And not just self defense violence. Violence against those who merely don't follow this fictional super hero.

The God Character acts like a tyrant and throws a tantrum like a kid playing in a sandbox with his army men and burns them with a magnifying glass when he cant, or wont arrange them the way he wants. The problem is that people take this character to be real. It would be comical if people didn't die over this horribly written work of fiction.

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, I am glad you view your claimed god to be all nice. But the words in the bible defy this concept, from beginning to end.

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:And maybe I was a

Quote:
And maybe I was a little harsh on Ciarin but then again I think she was harsher on God!

I can't speak for others here. But, many times when I run into believers(of all labels) it is funny to me that I have a thicker skin than than their claimed god because they always shout, "DON'T PICK ON MY GOD"

It's like listening to a Redneck say, "Yeu called my sister  a whore, I'm going to kick your ass".

If we are assuming, which Christians do, that their claimed being is omnipotent (all powerful) what possible damage could I do to this god as a mere mortal?

When someone picks on someone's omni-god claim(pick any religion) I get the image of a midget standing in front of the Terminator spread eagle shouting "Don't hit him you might hurt him!".

"Harsh on God?" How could any mere mortal with mere words hurt an omnipotent god?

WE CAN hurt him. Not because he exists. We hurt the cheer leaders because they never stop to think that what they believe is mere fiction. THE HURT is not on a god, but the bubble being burst, just like when a kid finds out Santa is really their parent. Just like when we tell deity believers that it is all in their head.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37