Things you can do to help us grow, and what I'm doing (long)
Blog or Digg our post on Digg which mentions our new video site, the first of its kind.
We (the RRS) have been working with Margaret Downey on the "atheist unity" thing, which includes helping other atheist organizations get exposure. We will be adding many new sites to our network and soon you'll be able to hop from site to site, leave comments, R.S.V.P. for events and participate in projects that embrace the goals and aims of The Rational Response Squad.
And, last week, http://www.MargaretDowney.com was brought online.
Today we learned that Margaret's site has had around 3,000,000 hits. According to Alexa traffic ranking, this is extremely high... almost a million more than Greg Epstein (and dozens of other popular atheist sites) Greg Epstein!.
The IE warning will soon be on all of our sites, although it will be reduced in size... get Firefox with Google Toolbar now!!
Additionally, please pick up the Alexa toolbar for Firefox, so that you are counted as a hit in our page ranking. We have determined, with hard data, that we are among the top atheist websites in the world. And this is without our website hits being officially counted. We could easily claim that we are one of the top 3 most popular atheist communities in the world...with just a little push in a few areas. It is in these areas that we are focusing on right now. Sites like Stumbleupon (which delivers tons of our traffic) should be utilized by our users. On every page of our site you can click a thumbs up button on and submit reviews (submitting reviews of pages is very helpful). Tags affixed with atheist/agnostic/atheism would be nice, as we miss out Google's ranking for those words. Our rank is mainly built on the word "rational."
Del.icio.us is a site where you can bookmark your favorites and access them wherever you happen to log in--from anywhere on the world! The delicious add on.
We've added Digg buttons and many others. Please use these services on our site and use them often...especially Reddit and Digg. Our site generates tons of new and fresh content, so if you use these sites to promote stories that you found here, you will help take us to the next level.
We are worthy...we aren't simply out for ourselves. We will be spreading the love and working out arrangements to help, host, and include a fleet of new sites to our network in the next year or two.
The following sites are in the process of development to be on the Rational Response Squad Network (same username and password at each site):
http://www.GreydonSquare.com (on our network in 1-3 months)
http://www.wotmwatchdog.org (on our network in a week)
http://www.comedyjesus.com (on our network in 1-3 months)
http://www.religionisretarded.com (on our network in 1-3 months)
We also have www.MargaretDowney.com up and running fairly well now.
http://www.briansapient.com will soon be a WordPress site. We are considering building 3 WordPress sites. http://www.RookHawkins.com and Kelly would have a site as well. These sites could be personal biography sites that would link to stories on our network.
If you want to see my site in the process of development right now check out: http://www.briansapient.com/blog
This blog on RRS will still be the main place to get all the info on my whereabouts. Please place my blog in your rss feeder, or in a feed on your site. (make reviews and click "like it" in my blog with StumbleUpon)
Our activist team has been working hard to get our content on other channels. Here are the highlights, you should get involved!
- We now have a revenue generating lulu.tv account. Here is our homepage at lulu.tv. We will tinker with a podcast which will be (on a sporadic basis) a feed of old material. Lulu will be hosting every one of our videos soon, plus tons of audio over the long run. We'll also release at least one book on Lulu within the next 18 months, so snoop around.
- Another Podcast method I'm exploring is Podango. We might use Podango in conjunction with our WordPress sites (non rrs network) to show and subscribe to our podcast. Here is our page on Podango.
- Kelly created a Last.fm group for The Rational Response Squad. Last.fm allows you to see what types of music your friends are listening to, and join with other groups.
- NEW GOOGLE GROUP! Join our new google group.
- Digg all the stories that RRS website diggs! That'll be the easiest way to make sure you're doing your part on digg.
- There is an rss feed for the posts on Digg that are important to Digg. It seems to be slow (or down), but here it is.
- Here's our account on del.icio.us.
- The team is loading our live video page with much of our material.
- Here is our account on reddit. You can look at our account and rank up and comment the stories you like.
Please, you tell me. Which of the following, if any, do you use? It seems they are vital to our site receiving more recognition.
delicious delicious | digg digg | reddit reddit | magnoliacom magnoliacom | newsvine newsvine | furl furl | google google | yahoo yahoo | technorati technorati