Throughout our history, many of our greatest scientific progresses have come from what are called, thought-experiments. Now, I, being extremely thoughtful like all the time, participate in a lot of thought experiments that may or may not have bearing on the world at all, but it's really fun to think about the world differently than what we perceive it to be. So, i think I should partake in a thought experiment with all of you guys, just see what happens.
Okay, a photon is a particle of light that is derived off of a reaction from an atom. This can be many things, but for this case say the Sun makes a photon. This photon moves in a predictable wave that travels at a high speed in a straight line until pushed or pulled by a force or reflected off of an opaque surface. Say this photon does not get reflected and it goes out into the universe forever and ever, unstopped.
If entropy has an effect on photons, then this wave would eventually grow larger and larger until their is no wave. Now there a couple of possibilities from here
1. The proton stops moving and then ceases to exist
2. The proton continues to move but with no wave in a circle around the universe
3. the proton collapses on itself causing a giant reaction, possibly making more protons in a chain reaction, sparking the question, where did the protons come from?
4. The proton adds to the expanding universe as a dead atom, making it a possible acceptor of a positive or negative sub atom (not proven, but possible)
5. Something I haven't thought of
"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear" -Thomas Jefferson