Evolution for Creationists (And Evolutionists Who Debate Them)

Switch89
User is offlineOffline
Evolution for Creationists (And Evolutionists Who Debate Them)

Hi Everyone!

On My Blog, I recently began a series called "Evolution for Creationists". The Goal was to explain Evolution in a way that people could understand, and to show just some of the highly convincing evidence for the Theory. If you are already well read on evolution, I suggest that you skip to the fourth part, which addresses common creationist questions, and shows why they are dead wrong. (This can be used as ammunition in debates).

Part 1
http://aigbusted.blogspot.com/2007/11/evolution-for-creationists-part-one.html

Part 2
http://aigbusted.blogspot.com/2007/11/evolution-for-creationists-part-two.html

Part 3
http://aigbusted.blogspot.com/2007/11/evolution-for-creationists-part-three.html

Part 4
http://aigbusted.blogspot.com/2007/11/evolution-for-creationists-part-four.html

RationalDeist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I like it.  From first

I like it.  From first glance it all looks extremely well written.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm...looks pretty good. 

Hmmm...looks pretty good.  But this part...

"What, then, can account for the similarities/dissimilarities of creatures living in different regions? Why are marsupials found only in Australia? If plants and animals were created perfect, then why are they so different in conditions that are basicly the same?"

Aha!  You forgot about the North American marsupial the mighty O'possum!

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher

Watcher wrote:

Hmmm...looks pretty good. But this part...

"What, then, can account for the similarities/dissimilarities of creatures living in different regions? Why are marsupials found only in Australia? If plants and animals were created perfect, then why are they so different in conditions that are basicly the same?"

Aha! You forgot about the North American marsupial the mighty O'possum!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all  native Australian mammals are marsupials or monotremes.  (The dingo was introduced by aborigines.)

Another "correct me if I'm wrong": New Zealand had no mammals until they were introduced by humans.  NZ was dominated by giant birds. 

Placental mammals seem to have some kind of advantage.  When animals like dogs and cats were introduced to Australia and New Zealand the marsupials of Australia and ground birds of New Zealand suffered numerous extinctions.  Australia is still losing its marsupials at an alarming rate. (I'm rather saddened by the plight of the New Zealand kakapo because it reminds me of a giant version of my parrot. Smiling )

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori

Iruka Naminori wrote:
p>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all  native Australian mammals are marsupials or monotremes.  (The dingo was introduced by aborigines.)

Another "correct me if I'm wrong": New Zealand had no mammals until they were introduced by humans.  NZ was dominated by giant birds. 

Placental mammals seem to have some kind of advantage.  When animals like dogs and cats were introduced to Australia and New Zealand the marsupials of Australia and ground birds of New Zealand suffered numerous extinctions.  Australia is still losing its marsupials at an alarming rate. (I'm rather saddened by the plight of the New Zealand kakapo because it reminds me of a giant version of my parrot. Smiling )

I think you're correct except for who introduced the Dingos. I've read that it is believed they were introduced by Asian Sailors around 3500 years ago.

Oh, well they have bats.  But those suckers can fly so they cheat.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

kryters
kryters's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd say this is definitely

I'd say this is definitely worth a bump. More people should read this.

Switch89
User is offlineOffline
You're right. I had someone

You're right. I had someone comment on this on the blog and I corrected it. Thanks and I'm glad you like it!

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where did it go?

Where did it go?Shocked