Fw: Allah or Jesus - You Respond

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fw: Allah or Jesus - You Respond

Ugh
I got this from a christian "friend"
I removed the names and email addresses to protect the guilty....I think I noticed one forward coming from a government entity.....
I also deleted all the nausiatingly christian responses through each forward.

Below is my reply, and beyond that is the email I received.
I replied to all, but I am hopeful that I will not get bombarded by christian love/hate.

Mrs Riley is an elder, and, believe it or not, my reply to her is probably as close to loosing my temper all I'll ever get with her.

Please let me know what you would have written.

Quote:
My apologies if I have overstepped any bounds, but I replied to all in an
effort to stem the misinformation.
-----
I nearly hurt myself I rolled my eyes so hard.
Mrs. Riley, please Please PLEASE check into things before you send them out.
You are spreading half truths and sometimes outright lies.

This forwarded email was not written by Rick Mathes. The muslim in question
was not an Imam, but a muslim prisoner, just as knowledgeable about islam as
most christians are about christianity.
This forwarded message is so full of half truths that it should be
disregarded. When you spread lies you spread hate. (is that WJWD?)

I am not going to give you the link this time. All you have to do is copy
and paste the title and author into any search engine, and the half truths
will be revealed. All you need is 3 minutes.

Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:41 AM
Subject: Fw: Allah or Jesus

>>>Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:17:32 EST
>>>Subject: Allah or Jesus
>>>
>>>Allah or Jesus? By Rick Mathes
>>>
>>>The Muslim religion in the fastest growing religion per capita in the
>>>United States, especially in the minority races!!!
>>>
>>>Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for
>>>maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training
>>>session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman
>>>Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their
>>>beliefs.
>>>
>>>I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The
>>>Man gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a
>>>video. After the presentations, time was provided for questions and
>>>answers.
>>>
>>>When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked:
>>>"Please, correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that most Islmams and
>>>clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the
>>>infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a
>>>command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven.
>>>
>>>If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?" There
>>>was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he
>>>replied, "Non-believers!"
>>>
>>>I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of
>>>Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so
>>>they can have a place in Heaven. Is that correct?"
>>>
>>>The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to
>>>that of "a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the
>>>cookie jar."
>>>He sheepishly replied, "Yes."
>>>
>>>I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope
>>>John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr.
>>>Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee
>>>them
>>>a place in Heaven. The Imam was speechless.
>>>
>>>I continued, "I also have problem with being your 'friend' when you and
>>>your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask
>>>you
>>>a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in
>>>order for you to go to Heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you
>>>because
>>>I am going to Heaven and He wants you to be there with me?"
>>>
>>>You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.
>>>Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification'
>>>training seminar were not happy with Rick's way of dealing with the
>>>Islamic
>>>Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.
>>>
>>>In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. To elect
>>>the
>>>President!
>>>
>>>I think everyone in the US should be required to read this but with the
>>>liberal justice system, liberal media, and the ACLU, there is no way this
>>>will be widely publicized.
>>>
>>>Please pass this on to all your e-mail contacts. This is a true story and
>>>the author, Rick Mathes, is a well known leader in prison ministry.

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
I get crap like this all

I get crap like this all the time. The funny thing is, they get mad at me for pointing out this stuff isn't real.

I don't know how many times I've replied to these emails with a snopes link.  Then they email me back and call me a know it all, or some such insult.

It's pretty sad. 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah. I've done the same

Yeah. I've done the same thing with a link to Snopes.com and, yeah, folks get annoyed with me for it.

I suspect they want to believe it and just hate it when someone bursts their bubble.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Connor
Connor's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I think everyone in

Quote:
I think everyone in the US should be required to read this, but with the liberal justice system, liberal media, and the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized.

The author forgot to mention that the ACLU was also behind 9/11!

(and gays, lesbians, abortionists, pagans, and People for the American Way, all according to Falwell)

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do these things come with

Do these things come with warinings at the bottom saying "Send this to evil infidel, or face doom of god!!"

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
mindspread wrote: I don't

mindspread wrote:
I don't know how many times I've replied to these emails with a snopes link. Then they email me back and call me a know it all, or some such insult.

If they're Christians, email them back these bible verses:

Proverbs 10:17 "He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray." (NIV)

Proverbs 12:1 "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid." (NIV)

HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had recieved this message

I had recieved this message in my inbox a while back as well and had to write out my own little response to it.  I guess noone spams out the responses that expose this as blatant crap.

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
By the way, did you see in

By the way, did you see in the snopes article where it mentions how the same thing can be said about all the places the Bible commands death for violating Biblical rules - such as homosexuality or working on the sabbath?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is the exchange

Here is the exchange between me and the one person who replied.

Hi, Ash
All of the details of this story may not be correct, but the fact remains that almost to the
Last person the terrorists that have struck against our country and other countries abroad
Have been Muslims. During World War II the Nation of Japan was our enemy. That did not
Make all Japanese bad people, but it made all Japanese in our country suspect and our nation
Dealt with the threat accordingly. Were there injustices committed? Certainly. Was it in the best
Interest of our country to treat Japanese people residing within our borders as suspect? Yes. It
Was the wise thing to do under the circumstances.

The same applies to Muslims living in our country. All are not bad people, but they must be Observed and treated as a potential threat. If we, as Americans, fall asleep on this issue we
Will live to regret it.

The question as to what Jesus would do is really irrelevant. Not one of us is Jesus and not one
Of us is here on earth as the sinless Son of God. We were all born into sin and it only by his blood
That we are forgiven. This does not obligate us to cast aside our common sense and accept the
Insanity of "political correctness" that is being propagated by the ACLU and other minorities that
Are threatening the freedoms and very existence of our country as we know it.

America needs to wake up and once again smell the roses. We have already been infiltrated by
This foreign element (including radical Muslims) who are in cell groups across our country. Just
Call to remembrance the story in the Old Testament of the foreigners who infiltrated the Hebrew
Nation by saying they had journeyed from a far country. Their shoes and clothing were in tatters and
Their food was moldy. The Hebrews made the mistake of believing their lies and not following God's
Instructions. These people were actually from neighboring tribes and they successfully
Infiltrated the Hebrew Nation and intermarried with Hebrew men and women much to God's disliking.
The Hebrews suffered the consequences.

With the Muslims coming into our country, there is a similarity with the above story. They would have us
To believe they are all about peace and tranquility. That is a blatant lie. If you don't believe it, read
The Koran. Do all of the Muslims have murder as their intent. Of course not. But tell me one thing.
Do you have the discernment to tell which ones do and which ones don't?

Larry

I never said islam was a religion of peace. As a matter of fact I never expressed an opinion either way.

That was not why I wrote the original reply. The point was that lies are not necessary to condemn the guilty. Did you even bother to check the accuracy of that email? or would you rather spread lies to further your agenda?

Let me ask you, what is the truth? Something that appears on Google is just as dubious or more so
than what appears in our daily newspapers. The Internet cannot be used as a trustworthy source of
Information on any subject. Other research must also be done. Where can a person go to discover
what the truth really is? And how can you know when you have found it? A person who was actually present when an event took place probably knows the truth of a matter better than anyone else.

The only person in world history who was guiltless was condemned because of a bunch of lies. This
person said of Himself, "I am the way, The truth and the life". Seems to me that anyone who is really
Interested in knowing the truth should start by a personal encounter with this person. Taking any other
path does not lead to The Father. And yes, there were over 500 people who stood on the top of a hill
and were present when Jesus ascended from this earth and was caught up into the clouds. This same
Jesus is coming back to this earth in the same manner.

Larry

Perhaps your having difficulty understanding the intent of my reply to the forwarded email/ chain letter. That particular email had more fabrication in it than truth. That particular email should be disregarded, not everything on the topic. That is all there is to it. I leave you with Proverbs 18. I am done with this.

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
So many falsities, and some

So many falsities, and some subtle racism too. Just wanted to point out one thing nobody else caught: Wicca, and neopaganism in general, is growing much faster, and will likely overtake Islam as the third most populous religion in the U.S. by 2012. Islam's the fastest growing one in the world, and might very well be growing faster among "minorities" but Wicca is growing faster in the U.S.A. overall. In fact, looking at  this page shows that no less than 6 religions are growing faster in the U.S.A. than Islam (Islam grew by 109% from 1990-200, in that same period, Buddhism went up 170%, Hinduism went up 237%, Native American Religion grew by 119%, Baha'i 200%, New Age 240%, and Sikhism swelled 338%. Also, nonreligion grew by 110%, and was much larger than Islam to begin with. And Deism went up a whopping 717% in that time period.)