MySpace again...

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
MySpace again...

Your thoughts? Surprised

Quote:

Not another http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager, 'either or' fallacy. Think I haven't heard this before? Join us in the forums at rationalresponders.com because this is where the discussion is being sent. The forum is called "You Respond Rationally".

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Feb 12, 2007 8:23 PM

if you are right then i die believing in something that was false. If i am right you die and will be punished for your lack of faith in christ.
Date: Feb 12, 2007 8:14 PM

I am human; a product of evolution and natural. God is a supernatural myth. You don't know what your saying - and learn to spell. There's spell-checker built into many browsers, like Firefox.

Date: Feb 12, 2007 8:08 PM

hello chad i find your opinions regretfull. To deny GOD exists is to deny your very existance.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boo!

Boo!

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I don't have any thoughts,

I don't have any thoughts, I've seen that stuff before.

I denied god so many times and I'm still around. =O

LOL!

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist wrote: I

American Atheist wrote:

I don't have any thoughts, I've seen that stuff before.

I denied god so many times and I'm still around. =O

LOL!

Yeah me too. So many of us on these forums denied god and we're still around to tell the tale. 

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lol yeah. Theists...they

Lol yeah.

Theists...they just don't get it.

HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wait a minute... to deny

Wait a minute... to deny god's existance denies my own existance?  That reminds me of a little joke I once heard.

René Descartes sits down at a table in a restaurant.  The waitress walks up and asks, "Would you like a glass of water?"  Descartes responds, "I don't think so" and then disappears.

I really don't need god to explain myself being here to talk about me being here (ah the beauty of the anthropic principle).  Sure there are a lot more steps than 6 days of goddidit, and a heaping helping of fields beyond Biblical Studies to understand that explanation, but I feel in the end the explaination of the natural realm is alot more appealing.  It makes me feel both small and special at the same time, unlike the theistic argument, which just feels like vanity to me.

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.