Stop the War on Christmas right now!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Stop the War on Christmas right now!

Quote:
Subject: [War on Christmas] Your soul
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:07:17 -0700

You have to stop the War on Christmas right now! If you don't your soul will burn in hellfire for all eternity. I'm not going to convert you. I simply want you to stop this war. It's for your soul.

What's a soul?

Where is it located?

Please provide evidence that I have one.

Where did it come from?

Why is letting people know the truth damaging to my soul?

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
This thread seems more

This thread seems more fitting for the comment I left in the other one.

Christmas is essentially a capitalistic holiday because it consists primarily of purchasing consumables for one's friends and relatives. The reason it is sprinkled with Christian imagery is because Christians make up 70% of our population (and analogously, 70% of the market). Appealing to one's religious views motivates him to spend money more readily.

I agree that you should stop this War on Christmas (even though it has nothing to do with Christian mythology and originates from Saturnalia, the pagan holiday celebrating the winter solstice) because it is counterproductive to your cause. I assume your cause is to sell atheism and secularism to the complacent masses, and fighting against the least offensive of Christian symbolism will merely alienate those whom you wish to deconvert. It seems as counterproductive as the war on drugs and the war in Iraq (in context of the war on terror).

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
No, in this case our cause

No, in this case our cause is to mock and fuck with those twat bags at Fox news that made up a fake "War on Christmas." We decided to show them what a real War on Christmas might look like.

http://www.endchristmas.com/fuck_christmas