Thanks rational Response Squad!

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

The Rational Response Squad rocks.

I was invited on the show to talk about my deconversion from JesusWalks to Savage.....I have been hunted about it and alot of people still doubt my deconversion but hopefully the show will put everyone s doubts to rest and if it doesnt well fuck it, cant say i didnt try.

I will admit, I thought it was going to be a witch hunt, and i was prepared to batten down the hatches and prepare for a war.

Man was I wrong, the show was done very professionally, we had a few technical hiccups but I felt very easy on the show with the guys and all in all it was quite a pleasent feeling to be taken seriously for a change.

Conversion was not easy, and deconversion was a real bitch and it will continue to do so as long as I live in the place that I do.

The show made me feel more comfortable with who I am becoming and I definatly know I am not alone. At the end of the show, I was given two gifts...a honourary title, made up on the spot (tell me when I need to rent the tux guysEye-wink ) and a supply of shows...and true to there word I got the shows this afternoon. I am loving the Jesus guy...what a looney Toon.

Anyway thanks guys, you dudes rock!!!

A MESSAGE TO ALL THEISTS:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

BUT IN THE NAME OF NOTHING GET OVER IT.

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re: Thanks rational Response Squad!

SAVAGE wrote:
The Rational Response Squad rocks.

I was invited on the show to talk about my deconversion from JesusWalks to Savage.....I have been hunted about it and alot of people still doubt my deconversion but hopefully the show will put everyone s doubts to rest and if it doesnt well fuck it, cant say i didnt try.

I will admit, I thought it was going to be a witch hunt, and i was prepared to batten down the hatches and prepare for a war.

Man was I wrong, the show was done very professionally, we had a few technical hiccups but I felt very easy on the show with the guys and all in all it was quite a pleasent feeling to be taken seriously for a change.

Conversion was not easy, and deconversion was a real bitch and it will continue to do so as long as I live in the place that I do.

The show made me feel more comfortable with who I am becoming and I definatly know I am not alone. At the end of the show, I was given two gifts...a honourary title, made up on the spot (tell me when I need to rent the tux guysEye-wink ) and a supply of shows...and true to there word I got the shows this afternoon. I am loving the Jesus guy...what a looney Toon.

Anyway thanks guys, you dudes rock!!!

Honestly, man, you were my favorite guest yet. I'm certainly not saying that simply because you and I got along when you were still a Catholic and I was an atheist. The way you put things on our show, the way you justified things, and how you were so very blunt - well,but at the same time, so very true, and simply honest. That's really refreshing, and makes us all take stock. The way you put things when you talked to us really did make me reassess what's important.

Anyway, I cannot wait untill your show comes out, you see things in a way that too many of us try to pretend don't exist.

You will come out well, btw. My cohosts did underestimate you, In all honesty, I know they did expect you to be an ass, to be simply a homophobe. I certainly did not, because I knew you. Seriously, you kicked ass in the interview. You will be happy with it I think, or at the very least, you won't be embarrassed.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Honestly, man, you were my favorite guest yet. I'm certainly not saying that simply because you and I got along when you were still a Catholic and I was an atheist.

Cheersa bro!

Quote:
The way you put things on our show, the way you justified things, and how you were so very blunt - well,but at the same time, so very true, and simply honest. That's really refreshing, and makes us all take stock. The way you put things when you talked to us really did make me reassess what's important.

Sometimes I can be alittle to blunt...hey I am working on it, the deconversion is one hell of a process!!

Quote:
Anyway, I cannot wait untill your show comes out, you see things in a way that too many of us try to pretend don't exist.

Yeah I am pretty amped about it, I got a thread on each board except IG....I dont know if I can seeing as he already has a show of his own.

Quote:
You will come out well, btw. My cohosts did underestimate you, In all honesty, I know they did expect you to be an ass, to be simply a homophobe.

Thats not totally unjustifiable...I am not those things and I hope that I portrayed that, but I can see how they got to that notion.

Like it was mentioned in the show, cultural differences. Fijians are generally a very blunt people, our language doesnt have all the niceties of english, just very direct wordings.

Quote:
Seriously, you kicked ass in the interview. You will be happy with it I think, or at the very least, you won't be embarrassed.

Well I will just be happy with the not embarrased part...LOL!

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:

Honestly, man, you were my favorite guest yet. I'm certainly not saying that simply because you and I got along when you were still a Catholic and I was an atheist.

Cheersa bro!

Not desereved.

Quote:
Quote:
The way you put things on our show, the way you justified things, and how you were so very blunt - well,but at the same time, so very true, and simply honest. That's really refreshing, and makes us all take stock. The way you put things when you talked to us really did make me reassess what's important.

Sometimes I can be alittle to blunt...hey I am working on it, the deconversion is one hell of a process!!

The more blunt the better.

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I am pretty amped about it, I got a thread on each board except IG....I dont know if I can seeing as he already has a show of his own.

I'll tell you one thing, a lot of people are going to have to eat their words. Make them chow down.

Quote:
Quote:
You will come out well, btw. My cohosts did underestimate you, In all honesty, I know they did expect you to be an ass, to be simply a homophobe.

Thats not totally unjustifiable...I am not those things and I hope that I portrayed that, but I can see how they got to that notion.

Like it was mentioned in the show, cultural differences. Fijians are generally a very blunt people, our language doesnt have all the niceties of english, just very direct wordings.

And, personally, I love that bluntness. That's the sort of guy I am. I wear my life and opinions on my sleave.

Quote:
Quote:
Seriously, you kicked ass in the interview. You will be happy with it I think, or at the very least, you won't be embarrassed.

Well I will just be happy with the not embarrased part...LOL!

Honestly, I think when it comes out you are going to shock a lot of people.

Personally, I'm ashamed of how people at IG and even my own home page have treated you.

Do me a favor and guilt them all as long as possible, they deserve it. What pisses me off the most is that so many have forgotten what being the minority is really like.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

CynageN
User is offlineOffline

Hah, I believe I'm one of the people you need to "guilt". I reacted the way I did because it was highly suspicious to me atleast that a Christian who recently deconverted was saying "I dislike homosexuals more now without religion" and "I wouldn't do anything to prevent the rape of a child if it was happening infront of me". It seemed as if you were playing along with what Christians already think of atheists and it pissed me off. Not often does anything piss me off, but I was pretty sure every other theist on the board was thinking "Yep, I knew they were bad people without god" when they saw one of their own take a plunge into the dark side.

I have no idea what was said on the show you did, but it doesn't matter. I had no buisness telling you what's right or wrong. I was raised secular so I hadn't realized that it could be difficult to deconvert without a problem.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

CynageN wrote:
Hah, I believe I'm one of the people you need to "guilt". I reacted the way I did because it was highly suspicious to me atleast that a Christian who recently deconverted was saying "I dislike homosexuals more now without religion" and "I wouldn't do anything to prevent the rape of a child if it was happening infront of me".

No problem man, I understand that....the I dislike homosexuals now more then when i had rekligion, was sort of a shocking revelation for me.

It made me think...hey thats not right, then as I said things changed the attitude changed if you read the thread you will see it.

I think people were just so used to bagging me as a theist that its a attitude that just carried over to when I deconverted.

Quote:
It seemed as if you were playing along with what Christians already think of atheists and it pissed me off. Not often does anything piss me off, but I was pretty sure every other theist on the board was thinking "Yep, I knew they were bad people without god" when they saw one of their own take a plunge into the dark side.

I suppose so, but it was MY deconversion, I had to find a way to deal with it and the way I chose to do it was to get AMORAL and build my moral system up from there, to what suits me, I have only one life and I have to live it, no one else can live my life for me and ultimately I need to decide what path I need to take...it evolves daily, things are not the same now as they were yesterday, and they are probably going to be different tommorow.....the process needs to happen and its not as easy as simply saying doG is dead for me.....that simple statement opens up a whole different world and its scary...and the questions you think you had answers for suddenly become questions that need to be evaluated and there is no easy out anymore...no GODDIDIT!

Quote:
I have no idea what was said on the show you did, but it doesn't matter. I had no buisness telling you what's right or wrong. I was raised secular so I hadn't realized that it could be difficult to deconvert without a problem.

LOL....it is pretty difficult, and scary but its just something I have to deal with and I am trying my best...I cant ask for anything more from myself.

But I am not going to sweat anyone..I had a chance to tell my side and its done now.....hopefully people will see there is more to SAVAGE then Jesus Walks!

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline

Well done, Savage! You've been through a crazy few months, I know. Can't wait to hear the show.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

rickyroma wrote:
Well done, Savage! You've been through a crazy few months, I know. Can't wait to hear the show.

Thanks man...it just got more crazy:

http://www.infidelguy.com/ftopic-20584-days0-orderasc-140.html

I may have to leave IG :cry:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

CynageN
User is offlineOffline

Meh, just lay low for awhile. I don't think the mods are that upset with you, but I'd hate to see someone like hurtman leave. He's been a pretty good contributor to the forum and to IG.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

CynageN wrote:
Meh, just lay low for awhile. I don't think the mods are that upset with you, but I'd hate to see someone like hurtman leave. He's been a pretty good contributor to the forum and to IG.

Yeah Hurtman, and now nogods!

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:
rickyroma wrote:

I am so fucking fed up with some of the people over there right now it's ridiculous. If they do ask you to leave at all (I'm thinking they wont), you know you have a place here.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
SAVAGE wrote:
rickyroma wrote:

I am so fucking fed up with some of the people over there right now it's ridiculous. If they do ask you to leave at all (I'm thinking they wont), you know you have a place here.

Thanks man, thats means alot to me...deconversion is hard enough without the people dogging me.

Like I said in that thread, the hypocrisy is astounding.

You sterted a thread that said I was making 100 posts a day. And the things Hurtman and Pickachu said were very similar to what they are complaining about now......and not one of the others rushed to my defence, its a clan thing, I am still an outsider, to alot of people still JesusWalks *sigh*, the one thing I admired aboiut atheists as a theist was there openess, there ability to accept, i see that doesnt ring true for everyone.

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:
the one thing I admired aboiut atheists as a theist was there openess, there ability to accept, i see that doesnt ring true for everyone.

I think in this case some peoples skepticism is greatly outweighing their willingness to accept. However I confess it's one thing to be a skeptic, it's another thing to keep attacking and attacking due to that skepticism. Someone who doesn't believe you've deconverted should speak their piece and then sit back in the cut waiting for time to pass to see where it goes. Assuming with certainty that you're a wolf in sheeps clothing isn't skepticism it's more similar to dogmatism.

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline

So why do you hate gays more know then before?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

StopEvangelists wrote:

I think that may actually be a bad way to word his (current) position considering what he said verbally. I'll let him answer however.

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline

StopEvangelists wrote:

He doesn't, he's simply more concious and fearful of being singled out (not for being gay, he isn't, but for simply associating with them), because now he has an awful lot to lose if people find out about his change of faith. He's being cautious and looking out for himself, he's taking stock and reassessing things. Maybe he'll change some more when he's more comfortable enough to do so as he said, maybe not, but for the time being, I certainly understand why he's watching his back.

Put it this way, if you think South Carolina is conservatve when it comes to issues like this, you haven't been to Fiji.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

StopEvangelists wrote:

L:isten to the show.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:
StopEvangelists wrote:

Yeah, listen to the show you fucking fag!

lol... so just kidding.

/Sapient a little drunk

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline

I'm glad I chose such a colorful forum to be a part of :smt021 I disagree with theism as much as the next atheist, but I find it unfortunate that some atheists seem hell bent on not using good taste and the ethics of argument when presenting their thoughts. Everytime someone attacks the person instead of the idea, they fail to realize that they have just earned themselves the zero credibility tag that is synonymous with ignorance, not to mention abandoned most of the hope they could have had for ever possibly getting the other person to accept their views.

"It's not so much staying alive. It's staying human that's important." - 1984
www.myspace.com/applesforadam
applesforadam.blogspot.com

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

Dudes I just heard the show.....niiiiccceee!

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:

I hooked yo up in the edit, eh? Your words were much closer together... you sounded smooooooothh.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
SAVAGE wrote:

I hooked yo up in the edit, eh? Your words were much closer together... you sounded smooooooothh.

Are you trying to say I speak to quickly?

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:

Are you trying to say I speak to quickly?

LOL... not at all if anything it was just the opposite. But it's not that you speak too quickly or slowly, I liked the way you spoke, but you paused while formulating thoughts often. I just removed the 2 second pauses between a lot of the thoughts, that's what I was referring to. The show is edited like a movie in a way, for entertainment value. Don't feel bad, you should see how many "and stuff like that" I edit out from Mike. Sticking out tongue And Rook and I are horrible with "Ummmmm" whenever we just rant from our heads.

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
SAVAGE wrote:
StopEvangelists wrote:

Yeah, listen to the show you fucking fag!

lol... so just kidding.

/Sapient a little drunk

Way to fucking insult one of your paying subscribers, you fucking fuckface.

Smiling

Will listen today, keep up the good work!

"Religion is like a badly written contract - most people don't read most (much less all) of it, believe what the other party says, and execute with the best of intentions and naivety."

- Me

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

lol, all in good fun man.

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline

I'm happy to be on a board where I can call the moderator a fucking fuckface and not get banned.

Keep up the good work, ass pirate Laughing out loud .

Seriously, love the show.

"Religion is like a badly written contract - most people don't read most (much less all) of it, believe what the other party says, and execute with the best of intentions and naivety."

- Me

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline

"fuckface. good one. I'll have to remember it next time I climb off your mum." words of wisdom from the all knowing turkish

"It's not so much staying alive. It's staying human that's important." - 1984
www.myspace.com/applesforadam
applesforadam.blogspot.com

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline

Has the Savage show been broadcast/archived yet?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

rickyroma wrote:

#20 here: http://www.freethoughtmedia.com/index.php?do=store&show-cat=30

It can also be purchased at a discount in a set of shows 16-25 which will include 3 Richard Carrier in studio shows, at this link.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
rickyroma wrote:

#20 here: http://www.freethoughtmedia.com/index.php?do=store&show-cat=30

Thanks. I'm at a friend's on dial-up and the bastard paypal page hung. Let me know if it comes through.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

Guys the show is on Friday 9pm...I have go conflicting time in Fiji...I know it will be on Saturday the 29th...but yellow said 9am, I calculate 1pm...so who is right, i think its yellow because hes all like brainy and shit, and I am just a Savage...but can we just clear that up and get a third opinion.

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:
Guys the show is on Friday 9pm...I have go conflicting time in Fiji...I know it will be on Saturday the 29th...but yellow said 9am, I calculate 1pm...so who is right, i think its yellow because hes all like brainy and shit, and I am just a Savage...but can we just clear that up and get a third opinion.

I could be wrong. I honestly do not know. I think I PMed you the link I used to calculate the time. I can try to find it again if you need it.

Did you get your chat issues worked out?

Perhaps Sapient or I could simply give you a call maybe 30 min before the show or something.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:

I could be wrong. I honestly do not know. I think I PMed you the link I used to calculate the time. I can try to find it again if you need it.

Did you get your chat issues worked out?

Perhaps Sapient or I could simply give you a call maybe 30 min before the show or something.

My chat issues are cool. Thats alright I will find out from my mom, my brother lived in NY so she would know the difference.

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

The Jesuswalks episode re-airs tonight at 7pm est sandwiched in between a slew of good shows on www.freethoughtmedia.com. It all kicks off at 4pm with the Bible Geek.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline

Good, i'll be around.
Your airings ALWAYS conflict with RJ Evans' show, it's annoying.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Look for Suva.

eastern time +16 hours

That means that the show was on at 1:00 pm saturday afternoon in Fiji.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline

Oh yeah. Savage was right. At least he won't miss cartoons if they come on that one channel.

Seriously, everyone admires you for your deconversion, dude. It takes a big man to admit they were duped.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

darth_josh wrote:
Oh yeah. Savage was right. At least he won't miss cartoons if they come on that one channel.

Seriously, everyone admires you for your deconversion, dude. It takes a big man to admit they were duped.

Thanks dude,

I am just sorry I couldnt connect to the chat room. I hoep it wasnt to crazy in there.

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

SAVAGE wrote:

I am just sorry I couldnt connect to the chat room. I hoep it wasnt to crazy in there.

75 hot atheist bisexual woman swarming around naked hoping to perform on you and for you. But naw... it wasn't too crazy.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline

I do think that is the most times in a radio show that I've heard the word 'lesbian'. lol.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Wow - even more than Howard Stern? :shock:

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline

I don't count Howard Stern as a radio show. lol. That's pure fluffer porn.

gwenmead
User is offlineOffline
Current belief?

So did Savage/JesusWalks reconvert?

If so, it's a damn shame. Anybody know for sure? 

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
It does appear scanning

It does appear scanning through his posts that the mind virus has returned in him.  I think some of us had a suspicion that this could happen after he made a post a month after his appearance talking about needing to retreat into the woods to find his place in the universe.  He kept talking about how it was hard to live without believing in god.  He should listen to himself on the show for strength, however as often is the case with people who have conversations with us, he has not come back to talk.  People who choose to delude themselves aren't always going to come talk to people who will help them out of their delusions.  He's posting heavily at CF so he can reinforce the beliefs he has chosen to convince himself of, rather than post here to get help for them.

I wish him well, and hope that he can overcome it. 

gwenmead
User is offlineOffline
Bummer

Yeah. It's kind of a bummer. He was great on the show - well-spoken, thoughtful, articulate... the sad part about his posts on CF is that he still seems intelligent a lot of the time, but he's also become an utter asshat.

I can't totally fault him though. I've gotten sucked back into the meme before too. It can feel a lot safer. 

I hope he figures things out too. 

The fool says in his heart: "There is no god". --Psalm 14:1

It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak.  --Neil Gaiman, Sandman 3:3:6

Yellow_Number_Five
User is offlineOffline
From my own conversations

From my own conversations with Darren, as infrequent and absent as they've been since the show, I saw a backslide in the making. It happens, and I'm not surprised. I happened to me as well just a few years ago.

It's a natural reaction to go two steps forward and one back. No doubt our friend is not the same Christian he was when he came to IG.com a year or so ago. Right now, he's avoiding us for a reason. If one of you could point me toward where he is currently posting, please do. And if you do, make it known that I'm not doing so to bring him "back into the fold" so to speak. I just like the guy, regardless of his beliefs. Truth be told, his "reconversion" if genuine and his reasons for it would make a great show were he willing to share again. Perhaps we could have him argue against himself?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
gwenmead

gwenmead wrote:

Savage/JesusWalks reconvert?

Mike just locate him through his posts at CF, above. 

gwenmead
User is offlineOffline
Actually on CF there's some

Actually on CF there's some speculation that he's actually an atheist troll (see this thread). One of the users also pointed me to some recent discussion over on atheistforums.com about the issue (here).

He's definitely on CF now though. I suppose he could be trolling, but maybe he's reconverted, who knows.

Weird.

The fool says in his heart: "There is no god". --Psalm 14:1

It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak.  --Neil Gaiman, Sandman 3:3:6

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: From my own

Quote:
From my own conversations with Darren, as infrequent and absent as they've been since the show, I saw a backslide in the making. It happens, and I'm not surprised. I happened to me as well just a few years ago.

Mike, you may be happy to know that I didnt backslide, just did a little experimenting.

Quote:
It's a natural reaction to go two steps forward and one back. No doubt our friend is not the same Christian he was when he came to IG.com a year or so ago. Right now, he's avoiding us for a reason. If one of you could point me toward where he is currently posting, please do. And if you do, make it known that I'm not doing so to bring him "back into the fold" so to speak. I just like the guy, regardless of his beliefs. Truth be told, his "reconversion" if genuine and his reasons for it would make a great show were he willing to share again. Perhaps we could have him argue against himself?

While I know a explanation is not neccesary, I feel like I would like to give one so here goes.

Avoiding you guys has been important, I went back into christianity as a fundamentalist and played the role, redefined my persona and went to a christian forum. The Jesus Walks that i created for CF was a definition of what a tru obedient christian should be (according to me), and it is scary.

The fact is that christianity is so much bullshit that even the christians cant agree with themselves, but at least the fundamentalists are mor honest than the liberal christians that shape and mold their sky daddy to suit themselves while being able to hold onto their delusions. I am surprised it took them that long to catch me.

The experience i gained on CF has only solidified my deconversion and now I am more settled.

All in all I am doing all right, I sold my businesses and am looking for my new direction...life is good without the sense of pleasing the  'imaginary police" and all the shit that comes along with it.

So here I stand, still and atheist and still loving the lesbians.

I am sure you guys have a few questions...so fire away. I have had a very interesting experience. 

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Glad to see you stayed

Glad to see you stayed rational.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didnt really have much of

I didnt really have much of a choice, once the veil is lifted, it just doesnt fit anymore.

I am just glad I got all that crap out of my system. 

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE