Thanks rational Response Squad!

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks rational Response Squad!

The Rational Response Squad rocks.

I was invited on the show to talk about my deconversion from JesusWalks to Savage.....I have been hunted about it and alot of people still doubt my deconversion but hopefully the show will put everyone s doubts to rest and if it doesnt well fuck it, cant say i didnt try.

I will admit, I thought it was going to be a witch hunt, and i was prepared to batten down the hatches and prepare for a war.

Man was I wrong, the show was done very professionally, we had a few technical hiccups but I felt very easy on the show with the guys and all in all it was quite a pleasent feeling to be taken seriously for a change.

Conversion was not easy, and deconversion was a real bitch and it will continue to do so as long as I live in the place that I do.

The show made me feel more comfortable with who I am becoming and I definatly know I am not alone. At the end of the show, I was given two gifts...a honourary title, made up on the spot (tell me when I need to rent the tux guysEye-wink ) and a supply of shows...and true to there word I got the shows this afternoon. I am loving the Jesus guy...what a looney Toon.

Anyway thanks guys, you dudes rock!!!

A MESSAGE TO ALL THEISTS:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

BUT IN THE NAME OF NOTHING GET OVER IT.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
So you were basically

So you were basically fucking with the Christians? Cool.

gwenmead
User is offlineOffline
Y'know, while I can in part

Y'know, while I can in part appreciate the idea of trying on roles, the dishonesty about it bothers me. What was the ultimate purpose of putting on a fake persona over at CF? How exactly does it serve to strengthen your atheism by pretending to be something else?

If they don't ban you for trolling over there, I'd love to see you go ahead and take on the atheist icon and enter some discussion from that POV. In your podcast you seemed very articulate and as if you'd thought out your position. I'd say cut the role-playing and let's hear more of what you have to say, being the atheist you really are. I'd wager that it'd help you strengthen your position if you're put in a position where you have to take the time to think about it and defend it, if necessary.

In any case, just cut the trolling. Dishonesty suits no one. (Plus JW78 at CF is a major asshat anyway.)

The fool says in his heart: "There is no god". --Psalm 14:1

It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak.  --Neil Gaiman, Sandman 3:3:6

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
gwenmead wrote: Y'know,

gwenmead wrote:

Y'know, while I can in part appreciate the idea of trying on roles, the dishonesty about it bothers me.

I am sure you will get over it. Whether or not it bothered you is irrelavant to me...it was bound to ruffle alot of feathers. 

Quote:
What was the ultimate purpose of putting on a fake persona over at CF? How exactly does it serve to strengthen your atheism by pretending to be something else?

It served its purpose, and demanding an explanation from me wont get you very far. It was just something that i felt I needed to do.

Quote:
If they don't ban you for trolling over there, I'd love to see you go ahead and take on the atheist icon and enter some discussion from that POV. In your podcast you seemed very articulate and as if you'd thought out your position. I'd say cut the role-playing and let's hear more of what you have to say, being the atheist you really are. I'd wager that it'd help you strengthen your position if you're put in a position where you have to take the time to think about it and defend it, if necessary.

I know that I will be banned...christians are not very forgiving.

You want my Atheist POV, just post here. 

Quote:
In any case, just cut the trolling. Dishonesty suits no one. (Plus JW78 at CF is a major asshat anyway.)

You dont get to tell me wat to do. 

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

gwenmead
User is offlineOffline
I take it all back. Forget

I take it all back. Forget I said anything. 

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
gwenmead wrote: I take it

gwenmead wrote:

I take it all back. Forget I said anything.

Why...did you not mean the things you said? 

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Ok Savage, you're

Ok Savage, you're forgiven.  Don't let me catch you on another Christian forum acting as a Christian, you're an atheist now, no more dishonesty.  Eye-wink

Now get back to posting, we've missed you.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Ok Savage,

Sapient wrote:

Ok Savage, you're forgiven.

Thank you O Most High one.

Quote:
Don't let me catch you on another Christian forum acting as a Christian,

Sorry Pappi

Quote:
you're an atheist now, no more dishonesty. Eye-wink

Hmmmmm....dishonesty. You know what Sapient I feel as if it is the most honest thing I have ever done. I posted my pic (which has since been changed to a picture of my wife and her girlfriend) I wasnt hiding I used the same screename. It allowed me to look at myself as a Christian, because as I said the only true Christian is a fundy....and there was only ever one perfect Christian and he was a jew.

I dont expect people to understand why I did it, but I will say that it needed to be done, now I am back with 99% more logic and alot more heathen. 

Quote:
Now get back to posting, we've missed you.

Rodger. 

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

caseagainstfaith
Silver Member
caseagainstfaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:

Sapient wrote:

Ok Savage, you're forgiven. Don't let me catch you on another Christian forum acting as a Christian, you're an atheist now, no more dishonesty. Eye-wink

And, immediately after telling us that he's still an atheist, and you that he wouldn't pose as a Christian anymore, he then posted on CF again, saying that he's lying to us and that he is "really" JesusWalks:

http://www.christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=30731589&postcount=162

Edit:  Wait, that post on CF seems to have been before he promised you to not pose as a Christian again.  And, then afterwards he spilled the beans to them:

http://www.christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=30738655&postcount=188 

Pikachu
Pikachu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here we go again...

Here we go again...