The "REAL" reason for school shootings...

Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
Posts: 76
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline

Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
Posts: 76
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
...Oops. Mods, help? I don't

...Oops. Mods, help? I don't know how to embed videos on here.

 



done


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
I can't say much else about

I can't say much else about that except:  Oh brother!

 


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
The "real reason" is likely

The "real reason" is likely Temporal Lobe Epileptic seizures... Charles Whitman suffered from them too (look him up)

The temporal lobe is not directly connected to the  motor cortex, so the seizures are not detected directly. People with these seizures tend to

1) make out detailed, rambling plans to hurt others

2) suffer from religious delusions (sorry for the redundancy)

3) display violent, impulsive anger

4) suffer from amnesia following anger outbursts

5) and suffer extreme remorse for their actions - leading to suicide.

 

 

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2006-02-22
User is offlineOffline
Wow...that video is shaped

Wow...that video is shaped like one GIANT strawman.


rab
rab's picture
Posts: 273
Joined: 2007-02-18
User is offlineOffline
Wow. I guess God answers to

Wow. I guess God answers to a higher power and authority. U.S. schools. What a wimp!Laughing


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2642
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Is it just me or am I the

Is it just me or am I the only one that wants the parents in jail in all of these instances?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10143
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Blaming parents is a knee

Blaming parents is a knee jerk reaction. I know for a fact my parents couldn't have stopped me if I'd wanted to do something like this. And it's not because they didn't teach me better or were lacking in supervision. I'm an individual myself, and I alone are responsible for my actions. I'm quite capable of concealing them well enough to carry them out. There's a limit to what a parent can be expected to do.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
Posts: 165
Joined: 2007-03-15
User is offlineOffline
Yeah right, like the

Yeah right, like the almighty God would be held back by the decisions of some infidel school officials.  Why couldn't he just go Old Testament on them?  ZAP!

JESUS SAVES!!! .... and takes only half damage!


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: The "real

todangst wrote:

The "real reason" is likely Temporal Lobe Epileptic seizures... Charles Whitman suffered from them too (look him up)

The temporal lobe is not directly connected to the motor cortex, so the seizures are not detected directly. People with these seizures tend to

1) make out detailed, rambling plans to hurt others

2) suffer from religious delusions (sorry for the redundancy)

3) display violent, impulsive anger

4) suffer from amnesia following anger outbursts

5) and suffer extreme remorse for their actions - leading to suicide.

 

 

Damn. I would never have thought epilepsy would result in such bizarre behavior

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote: todangst

AiiA wrote:
todangst wrote:

The "real reason" is likely Temporal Lobe Epileptic seizures... Charles Whitman suffered from them too (look him up)

The temporal lobe is not directly connected to the motor cortex, so the seizures are not detected directly. People with these seizures tend to

1) make out detailed, rambling plans to hurt others

2) suffer from religious delusions (sorry for the redundancy)

3) display violent, impulsive anger

4) suffer from amnesia following anger outbursts

5) and suffer extreme remorse for their actions - leading to suicide.

 

 

Damn. I would never have thought epilepsy would result in such bizarre behavior

Well it's not epilepsy in the classic sense, it's undetectable behaviorally - there are no physical seizures, and it's not occuring across the neo cortex, it is completely localized to the amygdala..... finally, it's rare, it only occurs after low serotonin levels, and its completely treatable - either with anti seizures meds: Dilantin, or with SSRIs or serenics... any sertonin agonist.

 

 

I talk about it more in this thread here: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/news_activism/6193 

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
That is so idiotic.

That is so idiotic.


Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
Posts: 76
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
So, let's get this straight:

So, let's get this straight: There'd be less school violence if we prayed in schools? How about not. And the video is so retarded. It says that "they wanted prayer out of schools and we said 'ok, fine.'" They didn't say 'ok, fine', they fought for their childish beliefs. Sure, like everyone's Christian and if you're not, you shoot up your school and look at child porn.

myspace.com/miyao


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
That's right, it's all

That's right, it's all those godless atheists that caused every school shooting. (bangs head against wall in frustrated disgust)  I came to this site for the sole purpose of procrastination on my research paper and stumbled across this little gem.  WTF?!  Are you telling me that there is a sudden correlation between praying, giving boys condoms and school shootings?  And what the hell was that little blurb about putting pictures of young children on the internet and we consider that free speech?  My computer is pretty slow or I'd watch it again.  If this guys is trying to allude that kiddie porn is protected under free speech he's loonier than I thought.  And didn't Cho liken himself to Jesus or something like that?  WHY ARE PEOPLE SO WILLFULLY IGNORANT????!!!!

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Although it happens all the

Although it happens all the time, it saddens me when people use a tragedy such as this to attempt to publicize their agenda.

I'm not prone to violence at all, but if the kind of religious junk these people are promoting for public schools had been in practice "back in my day", I probably would have hit someone with my notebook. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
Posts: 690
Joined: 2006-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Here, at last, is a

Here, at last, is a rebuttal video to the above load of crap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_z9WgV5jkQ

 

[MOD EDIT - attempt to fix link by adding a line terminator at the end of URL] 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
The url contained a

The url contained a malformed video id.


Dabura13
Dabura13's picture
Posts: 76
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
It just gets us all so

It just gets us all so frustrated. They're so delusional and pathetic.


Largo
Largo's picture
Posts: 140
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
This YouTube clip is merely

This YouTube clip is merely a narration of a piece of glurge that's been around the email circuit several times. I have a fundie cousin who sends me this crap all the time. I generally refute it point by point and email it back to him. But he keeps trying.
One point in the clip that really pissed me off is the bit about "we said okay" to kiddie porn. Equating that with freedom of speech is an outrage against reason. Nobody every said okay to any such thing. The reason that that kind of porn is spreading so much is that the internet is impossible to police. But when that material is found, people go to jail for its possession. 
No doubt a christian wrote that diatribe. And it is typical of christian rants that things like the kiddie porn argument are thrown in for their emotional effect, truth playing no part in the argument.


rab
rab's picture
Posts: 273
Joined: 2007-02-18
User is offlineOffline
Largo wrote: No doubt a

Largo wrote:


No doubt a christian wrote that diatribe.

Probably Chuck Norris, the same guy who blamed the Virginia Tech shootings on secularist agendas--and violence in film!

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/2007/04/more_of_the_rig.html

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation


BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
Posts: 811
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
I JUST made a thread about