Now we know the real reason why the T-Rex had huge teeth.

Eustacia_Vye
User is offlineOffline
Now we know the real reason why the T-Rex had huge teeth.

I was reading my New Humanist magazine and came across a very worrying article.  In Kentucky, there is a Creation 'museum'.  As well as many other ridiculous claims, visitors are told that there were no predators in the garden of Eden; 'the T-Rex had such big teeth so he could open coconuts'.  It saddens me greatly.  Has anyone been to this 'museum'.

Regards

Eustacia_Vye

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Hahahahahaha! That's pretty

Hahahahahaha! That's pretty fucking irrational! No, never even heard of it, but sounds a lot like asshat Kent Hovind's one in Pensacola, Fla.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I thought the T-Rex had

I thought the T-Rex had such big teeth so he could eat all the Christians.

Sigh.  My clever level is low today. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I saw that

Yeah, I saw that somewhere.  It's one of those stupid Creationist museums.  Sure.  T-Rex ate coconuts. Smiling

(And they wonder why we can't take them seriously.) 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, no, no, NO! T-rex had

No, no, no, NO!

T-rex had big teeth to tear the roofs off suv's such as the Ford Explorers used in Jurassic Park. Duh! 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Look how small a coconut is

Look how small a coconut is compared to a T-Rex! Imagine how many fucking coconuts they'd have to eat! And how would they separate the inside from the shell? Never mind... Anyone who actually believes that kind of shit is either fucking insane or sofa king we tar did!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eustacia_Vye wrote: I was

Eustacia_Vye wrote:

I was reading my New Humanist magazine and came across a very worrying article. In Kentucky, there is a Creation 'museum'. As well as many other ridiculous claims, visitors are told that there were no predators in the garden of Eden; 'the T-Rex had such big teeth so he could open coconuts'. It saddens me greatly. Has anyone been to this 'museum'.

Regards

Eustacia_Vye

Not that it matters, but how would they explain the teeth of GiganatosaurusGiganatosaurus was a larger-than-T. Rex theropod dinosaur with long, serrated teeth.  These teeth were made to be easily lost and replaced and would not cut through bone.  Instead, it is theorized that Giganatosaurus preyed upon sauropods.  Their teeth were designed to cut through meat and soft tissue, not bone.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
So why did sabertooth tigers

So why did sabertooth tigers have such long k9's?  So they could puncture jars of peanutbutter?

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This strikes me as

This strikes me as particularly ironic, as three average T-Rex teeth are about as large as a coconut. Suggesting that's why it had big teeth is equivalent to hitting a fly with a sledge hammer. Some of their teeth are 9 inches long.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
i didn't think that museum

i didn't think that museum was open yet.

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here it is!!

Here it is!!

http://www.answersingenesis.org/cec/

I just wasted the last ten minutes of my life looking at this site. I can't believe this exists. This has to be the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life. Seriously, shit is going down in this country soon. These people are completely off their fucking rocker. I can't believe that they believe this shit. This just isn't a small cult of followers, were talking about a significant voting base in this country.

Opening soon in Arkansas is The holocaust never happened mueseum.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."

iluvc2h5oh
iluvc2h5oh's picture
User is offlineOffline
WEll that explains

Why Triceratops had those protective horns and body armor?

I guess to protect him from coconuts falling from the gentle T-rex's mouth.

"When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had the Land and the Missionaries had the Bible, They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the Land and we had the Bible." - Jomo Kenyatta

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
iluvc2h5oh wrote: Why

iluvc2h5oh wrote:

Why Triceratops had those protective horns and body armor?

I guess to protect him from coconuts falling from the gentle T-rex's mouth.

That may be. But remember, gravity is just a theory, it's really intelligent falling! 

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote: That may be.

KSMB wrote:
That may be. But remember, gravity is just a theory, it's really intelligent falling!

What the heck are you talking about?  Everyone knows it's actually the flying spaghetti monster holding us down with his noodly appendage.  That's why mankind is growing, the more people there are the tougher it becomes for him to keep us from floating away, the less pressure he can exert on all of us, so the taller we get.  Migits are his truly loved people, they feel his noodly appendage stronger than the rest of us.   

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I thought that was pirates.

I thought that was pirates. > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: I thought

Vastet wrote:
I thought that was pirates. > >

The FSM is particularly fond of midget pirates.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Harrumph! They're not

Harrumph! They're not midgets. They're vertically challenged individuals.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Look

MattShizzle wrote:

Look how small a coconut is compared to a T-Rex! Imagine how many fucking coconuts they'd have to eat! And how would they separate the inside from the shell? Never mind... Anyone who actually believes that kind of shit is either fucking insane or sofa king we tar did!

You fool! Coconuts were the size of Brontosauruses in those days! Thanks to the Second Law of Thermodynamics, however, they went disordered and started getting smaller. In fact, I have a graph that shows that the average coconut size went down 5213807894% since 1963, when prayer was taken out of schools. You can see it in my newest video. Now, repent, because if you're right and I'm wrong, then we're worm food, no problem. If I'm right and you're wrong, however, I'm going to heaven, and you're going to hell. So, repent and give me money and do what I say, OK?

*snickers* That ought to convince them....