Am I in the Wrong?

Knight
User is offlineOffline
Am I in the Wrong?

(l)http://forums.catholic-convert.com/viewtopic.php?t=78985(l)

I post at this forum as Knight every once in a while. Would you say my arguments are good? I've talked about how a child should not be told what to believe, but more it should be a learning experience, and they think it's horseshit. Um, and they call me childish? Am I? I would like other people's opinions. Do you think I'm in the wrong?

magilum
User is offlineOffline
No, your question was

No, your question was reasonable. There could have been level-headed defenses for their religion, but they chose to go for bombastic fallacies. What did you expect? Sealed

DrTerwilliker
DrTerwilliker's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think you make some very

I think you make some very sensible points.  Based on my experiences, spending time on Christian forums is simply frustrating and disheartening for non-Christians.  Whatever good points you may have will not be acknowledged as so.  They will be dismissed because you don't know "the truth."  Don't let their comments make you think that your arguments are somehow insufficient.  Most of those people don't want reason to enter their religious little watering hole, so they're not going to be receptive to them.  Oh well. 

Knight
User is offlineOffline
Sadly, you are right. I've

Sadly, you are right. I've made a few more posts, and it's 3 pages long now, but they continue to be arrogant. Smiling I give up.

I just hate the fact that they think that THEY are right, and that me giving up is a sign that they win. That's how it always goes. I bet that in a few minutes, someone will claim victory. They will say something like "once again, atheism can't stand up to Catholicism." Theists (many of them) are so predictable.