Scintists ,Evolutionists and Atheists

King Nothing
User is offlineOffline
Scintists ,Evolutionists and Atheists

Hi folks.I'm from atlanta georgia.
sorry but I got 3 questions.

if Scintists ,Evolutionists and Atheists came from monkeys. Then why is there still monkeys?
If creationists believe that man came from dirt, why is there still dirt?
if the monkey evolved from primordial soup ,,,why is there still some primordial soup? left?

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
King Nothing wrote:

King Nothing wrote:

if Scintists ,Evolutionists and Atheists came from monkeys. Then why is there still monkeys?
if the monkey evolved from primordial soup ,,,why is there still some primordial soup? left?

1) because one monkey looked at the other and said "I don't want to be human, do you?" And the other one said "Nope". Then they had sex and made more monkeys.

2) Once dirt, always dirt.

3) Does Campbell's still make that variety?

King Nothing
User is offlineOffline
maybe  Because of

maybe  Because of evolution. Some  monkeys figured out better ways of doing things and evolved into humans eventually,
but stubborn stupid monkeys just liketo  keep swinging from a tree and breeding. SO while we're are superior in intelligent and as a society to monkeys,
all those other monkeys are just dumb monkeys that keep breeding dumb monkeys.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Humans didn't come from

Humans didn't come from monkeys, they both came from a common ape-like ancestor. Read about evolution from somewhere other than dumbass Christian apologetics sites.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Is it me, or does the same

Is it me, or does the same troll keep registering new accounts and posting posts about evolution/creation? This troll seems to like to put its commas in the wrong place ,like this.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
If vanilla is the best

If vanilla is the best icecream flavor, why do we have coca-cola?

Voided
User is offlineOffline
King Nothing wrote: if

King Nothing wrote:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC150.html

Quote:

To be fair there are a lot of other creation stories besides the bible, but maybe you're trying to make a point against the first question in a creative way.

Quote:

http://www.google.com/search?q=define:+primordial+soup

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
king nothing wrote: if

king nothing wrote:

Because in the begining God said, "Let there be monkeys." And so there were monkeys. And then God said, "Let there be bananas." And so there were bananas. And then God's wife yelled out of the window, "Who the hell are you talking to out there?"

king nothing wrote:

Because if there was no dirt the vacuum cleaner would make no sense.

king nothing wrote:

You mean there's still some primordial soup left? Good. I'm starved.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

ackbar
ackbar's picture
User is offlineOffline
RickRebel wrote: And then

RickRebel wrote:

And then God's wife yelled out of the window, "Who the hell are you talking to out there?"

Awesome.

Smiling

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Matt, Silentseba, and Mr.

Matt, Silentseba, and Mr. Rage,

I'm not trying to tell you HOW to post. I'm asking for you to approach every new poster in a manner that will further discourse.

Personally, I don't give a shit what excuses can be mustered in defense of your posts. Bitching about trolls and then possibly creating new ones by POUNCING on new posters isn't getting us anywhere in my opinion.

Shouldn't we encourage new people to think for themselves instead of just stay silent about their beliefs or WORSE, bitch about our lack of belief?

Matt, give 'em a link. You have thousands. I know you do. Don't just denigrate their sources without giving them something they can't answer. I've known some of your posts to shut creationist crap off because they didn't have an answer.

MrRage, Let the mods worry about trolls and sock puppets. PM us if you have an hypothesis about a user. Don't do it in the open forums ANYMORE.

Silentseba, you just posted about wanting an ignore function because people were posting stuff that wasn't worth reading. What the fuck were we supposed to draw from your 'ice cream' response? Equating a false analogy to a false dichotomy is also poor logic.

I'm not saying 'roll over and play bitch' to new people. Let them make the first BAD MOVE, whether they're atheist or theist.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Actually I don't have links,

Actually I don't have links, but if someone really doesn't know what evolution is about they aren't worth responding to.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Actually

MattShizzle wrote:
Actually I don't have links, but if someone really doesn't know what evolution is about they aren't worth responding to.

At one point, none uf us understood evolution like we do now. That's my point.

I have posts as evidence that you are capable of providing information concerning a vast number of subjects especially with regard to the dangers/craziness of theism,

Faith based weight-loss

Flemming on freethought radio

You stay so up-to-date with ffrf things and news. Let alone that you begin thought provoking topics on a pretty regular basis.

I'm just asking you to do that with new members that don't have your ability to be in the know.

To the topic:

One model of Hominid evolution

Decent page on natural selection

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: Matt,

darth_josh wrote:

Matt, Silentseba, and Mr. Rage,

I'm not trying to tell you HOW to post. I'm asking for you to approach every new poster in a manner that will further discourse.

I was sarcastic and fascetious too. How come you didn't yell at me.

I feel so ignored.Cry

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow... wow... wow. So, does

Wow... wow... wow. So, does this mean I can ask ANY questions on these boards and they will be considered to be honest questions? This thread belongs in trollville. You could also move it to Kill em with kindness, so I am forced to be nice to the guy who made the question.

Serious threads deserve serious answers... jokes like these need to be placed where they belong.

If you seriously think I should give this guy a serious answer, then I will stop myself from posting the next time something like this comes up. But then again, how do I know if they are being serious or not? There is no way to tell when the person has only 1 post on the forums. The least you could do as a new user to the forums is give a brief introduction and explain why you are asking these questions.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak, Sorry. I didn't

wavefreak,

Sorry. I didn't even notice you there. lol.

Your post was sarcastic in my opinion, but not attacking or seemingly screaming out an order to a mod.

You'll just have to try harder I guess.

Silentseba,

If a thread belongs in Trollville then more often than not we'll put it there.

What information do you have as to whether or not this poster's question was not serious?

I have no information if it is. I may never since this person made 1 post after creating a topic asking a question.

Granted, the question has been asked time and time again. It does grate upon the nerves occasionally. However, I ask you, did this person get that answer?

Besides the fact that you requested an ignore function to avoid posters that you don't like, do you see a reason to respond to this question in the first place to an alleged first time poster if you weren't going to answer?

To me, it seems that you're griping about the very same thing that you're doing.

Now, I wasn't 'telling' you to do anything. I am asking.

Please give the other noobs to the forums a chance.

I'm sorry I missed you in stickam. I was hoping we could chat it out there sometime. PM me there if you get bored in the evenings. I am told that I am quite humorous in chat.

I wanted to also thank the people in this thread for responding to this issue. It's something that has almost dominated some moderator discussions recently.

I am of the opinion that if we want the kind of high-brow, intellectually stimulating conversations of our choosing then there is no better way than to invite people in to get an idea if they're up to it or not.

Give 'em two weeks if you can; one week if you can't stand 'em from the hop. After that, it's almost fair game if they ask an ignorant question in my opinion.

I'm just asking you to try it.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are right darth_josh,

You are right darth_josh, everyone should be given a chance to be taken seriously. I will avoid doing this the next time. I am sorry :/

But, I would also like to clarify on the ignore function. I do believe 1 person has the power to make you hate a forum. This person could be considered by others to post useful information, but to me it is like having a firealarm going off next to your ear. I don't know if you can really ignore a fire alarm every time you go into a msg board. In these cases... is it ok to advocate a ban for this person? I don't know, but that is the job of the mods... so I don't plan to take their place. So the answer to this problem will be to individually have the power to block/ignore the person's posts. I know not everybody likes my posts, and probably someone out there hates the way I post, and the way I suggest improvements to the site... I can't avoid that. So I wouldn't mind being ignored if that is going to make his experience in the forums more enjoyable.

King Nothing's quotes in gray

Anyways, to answer the questions to the OP (I doubt he still reads the forums, but I will go ahead and answer anyways)

Welcome to the forums! 

Evolution does not mean that a complete species will transform into a new one. If apes turned into humans in africa, how is that going to affect the humans that live in america? However, the humans could travel around the world and start living in different places thanks for our ability to adapt. So now the ancestor might be presented with a condition that humans are already adaptable to, and he might extinct. But, this might not happen... so the ancestor could continue to live as well.

I will leave that to a creationist. There is no way I am going to defend a creationist sandpoint when I believe the whole idea is ridiculous. Although, in a way you do come from "dirt" and turn into "dirt". Circle of life, anyone? 

Look at answer #1. But there is still "primordial soup" because a I understand it... the simple an organism is, the easier it is for it to adapt. This might not be completely true, but I think generally it is. At least it explains why dinasaurs became extinct when presented with extreme conditions, but not all life dissapeared.

maybe  Because of evolution. Some  monkeys figured out better ways of doing things and evolved into humans eventually,
but stubborn stupid monkeys just liketo  keep swinging from a tree and breeding. SO while we're are superior in intelligent and as a society to monkeys,
all those other monkeys are just dumb monkeys that keep breeding dumb monkeys.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that we should get rid of all animals because they are dumb? Or am I just putting words in your mouth? Monkeys might look dumb to you, but if humans didn't exist they would be pretty intelligent compared to the rest of us. Also, in a way... we still behave like monkeys, somewhat look like them and we also share some diseasess.(they even freaking use tools!) So, dont space yourself so far away from the monkeys Eye-wink

King Nothing
User is offlineOffline
why some stubborn Meteors

why some stubborn Meteors refusesto evolve and keep circling the universe,sun ,planets?after the big bang .
circling the universe,sun ,planets(like  nascar car raceing )

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Because meteors are not

Because meteors are not alive... they don't evolve in the same sense living organisms evolve.

King Nothing lives: ( X, X, X, O, O ) 

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
silentseba wrote:

silentseba wrote:

Because meteors are not alive... they don't evolve in the same sense living organisms evolve.

King Nothing lives: ( X, X, X, O, O )

I beg to differ. They must reproduce, else how could there be so many. And they declared war on the dinosaurs so they have sentience. It wasn't hard to convince a few of the younger ones to commit suicide by crashing into the earth.

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe I responded

Maybe I responded inappropriately too. But I sincerely thought King Nothing's questions were meant to be funny. So I responded that way too.

Sorry about that. 

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

King Nothing
User is offlineOffline
Evolutionist theory has a

Evolutionist theory has a chart which supposedly depicts the stages of evolution over the millinium, which was never proved to be a fact before pieces were added to it. Either I've been on another planet, which sometimes might be nice, or the theory shown to me is that everything started out simple, then got more complex. Now pardon me but first off the entire tructure of the world I live in is in stages of decay. Wood rots, human beings age and become prone to illness, etc.

I've heard it stated over and over that any given being needed this or that and so over time it evolved till it had it.

I've stated several times here that it is not clear to me how a mindless force can accidentally improve on anything.

Mutation is one way evolution is supposed to work, but mutations are rarely ever beneficial but nearly always very damaging. In order to produce the billions of life forms we have now, mutation would find it's hands full.

An example: "Human beings needed to learn to run faster and jump higher in order to be better hunters, and in order for the group to stick together they also needed to communicate. Therefore nature gave us the incredible ability to form words and make sound patterns as well as the strength and agility to run and jump."

I have asked this again and again and I don't know how to make my inquiry any plainer. How did "nature" know that neanderthal man (the old ones, not the new ones) needed to run or jump higher or form speech capability, and how did it come up with a plan to make it happen, then take steps to put that plan into action?

Neanderthal man would have had the throat bone which makes speech possible shifted in position by several inches, his mouth reformed, and his comprehension skills improved. Blind nature could make a plan and execute it to do this???? By mutation?? I realy must be missing the boat here.

Of course there is also the question of how evolving humans survived until they could do these things, and I will not complicate matters by asking how stomaches, digestive tracts, livers, kidneys all evolved, and how nature "knew" we needed these things and helped us last for millions of years till we got them, let alone made them out of who knows what and worked out the bugs.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
King,

King,

Think of molecules forming randomly from a soup of atoms. This is pretty easy to conceive. Now for a billion years molecules form and fall apart. It is also conceivable that during that billion years one of those molecules starts a chain reaction that results in copies of itself. In another billion years a few more of these replicating molecules randomly appear. So now you have several different molecules competing for resources. The resources are simply energy and the atoms necessary to replicate. The process of replication is never 100% perfect so sometimes a broken replicant is formed and it stops duplicating itself. But the unbroken ones keep on replicating. But sometimes a mistake results in a molecule that replicates more efficiently. Maybe it consumes less energy or uses a more likely combination of atoms. The key here is not complexity, but effeciency. As long as energy is being added to the system (from the sun) there is energy to be consumed by these processes. The molecules that "compete" most effeciently for energy and atoms eventuually supplant the molecules that are less effecient. Continue long enough and you get molecules that on first glance are more complex, but because they replicate more effeciently they are actually more likely to endure.

Efficiency is the key on a macro level as well. If two tribes of proto humans are competing for the same resources, the one most effecient at acquiring that resource is likely to dominate. So if one tribe has a faster runner, this tribe may be able to hunt better. The faster runner will bring more food into the tribe and that tribe will be healthier and pass on its genes. Likewise for a tribe that communicates better.

Think efficiency and not complexity. Then it makes a lot more sense.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
King Nothing, Plagarism is

King Nothing,

Plagarism is not taken too kindly on these forums, I will give you a chance to credit your source on your last post (the one in blue). If you are going to post work by someone else please give credit, this is your first warning.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
King Nothing wrote:

King Nothing wrote:
Evolutionist theory has a chart which supposedly depicts the stages of evolution over the millinium, which was never proved to be a fact before pieces were added to it. Either I've been on another planet, which sometimes might be nice, or the theory shown to me is that everything started out simple, then got more complex.

That isn't 100 % true. Natural selection eliminated the simpler things. The things that got more complex or were better suited to their environment survived. etc.through the ages.

That's the primary reason monkeys still exist. Nothing has eliminated them.

Quote:
Now pardon me but first off the entire tructure of the world I live in is in stages of decay. Wood rots, human beings age and become prone to illness, etc.

More wood grows. New humans are born. And even new illnesses come around. The flu virus mutates into new forms and people get vaccinated every year. People that are more resistant to the flu virus itself don't have to have those shots to develop an immunity to it.

Quote:
I've heard it stated over and over that any given being needed this or that and so over time it evolved till it had it.

No. That's backwards from evolutionary theory. Mutations happen and then if that mutation makes it better for the organism to survive than others then it continues.

Quote:
I've stated several times here that it is not clear to me how a mindless force can accidentally improve on anything.

Nope. Environment(including other organisms) determines survivability of an organism. Not accidental that the organism survives. It was just better suited.

Quote:
Mutation is one way evolution is supposed to work, but mutations are rarely ever beneficial but nearly always very damaging. In order to produce the billions of life forms we have now, mutation would find it's hands full.

Exactly. Bad mutations die. In order for the billions of life forms to die all at one and not be able to procreate then it would be catastrophic.

However, in many places in the geologic record we see millions of new creatures pop up and then we see them no more. This is evidence of natural selection at work.

If you have billions of mutations and millions are eliminated then we still have billions of mutations.

Quote:
An example: "Human beings needed to learn to run faster and jump higher in order to be better hunters, and in order for the group to stick together they also needed to communicate. Therefore nature gave us the incredible ability to form words and make sound patterns as well as the strength and agility to run and jump."

I have asked this again and again and I don't know how to make my inquiry any plainer. How did "nature" know that neanderthal man (the old ones, not the new ones) needed to run or jump higher or form speech capability, and how did it come up with a plan to make it happen, then take steps to put that plan into action?

I understand your incredulity. However, I'm sure that if you click on those links that outline evolution and natural selection specifically then you'll get the answers to your question.

It isn't that 'nature' dictated lessons in running and jumping. The organisms that figured out how to run and jump survived while the ones that didn't died.

Quote:
Neanderthal man would have had the throat bone which makes speech possible shifted in position by several inches, his mouth reformed, and his comprehension skills improved. Blind nature could make a plan and execute it to do this???? By mutation?? I realy must be missing the boat here.

Not that far. If you work backwards on observation instead of forward from a beginning then you'll get a better grasp on the facts.

One mutation coupled with breeding more of the mutation over a few generations produces neanderthals that can warn each other to look out behind them when the tiger approaches. Or even better a whole bunch of neanderthals talking is going to scare away predators whereas non-talking neanderthals grunting might sound more like food to a predator.

Quote:
Of course there is also the question of how evolving humans survived until they could do these things, and I will not complicate matters by asking how stomaches, digestive tracts, livers, kidneys all evolved, and how nature "knew" we needed these things and helped us last for millions of years till we got them, let alone made them out of who knows what and worked out the bugs.

Yeah. See. Nature doesn't 'KNOW' anything.

Natural selection eliminates those 'bugs' of which you speak.

It isn't as evidencable in everyday life now because we humans are manipulating natural selection by keeping species alive in zoos or protected wildlife refuges.

We have become nature's overseer. lol.