Chuck Norris wants to brand Atheists (Mod edit - moved to General Conversation)

Kergillian
Kergillian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuck Norris wants to brand Atheists (Mod edit - moved to General Conversation)

(Bad) Actor Chuck Norris thinks Atheists should be branded.

He said that if elected President he would :

"Tattoo an American flag with the words, "In God we trust," on the forehead of every atheist."

Granted he thought it was supposed to be funny, but I bet he wouldn't laugh if an atheist joked about bringing back the lions.

I think we should see if he thinks it's funny.

Send Chuck a picture of a lion:

[email protected]

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56107

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmmmm.  A government that

Hmmmm.  A government that tattoos a particular group so thegroup can be readily identified.  Have I heard of this before?  I am shocked he didn't suggest we be kept in labor camps.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
A horrible actor plus

A horrible actor plus fundamentalist christian voted into the white house.??  Ha !! it could never happen..uh wait !

How about we label everyone who can glean any entertainment from WALKER TEXAS RANGER as socially and further, functionally retarded and ban them from working any government job.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
That could be a lot of

That could be a lot of labels.

I saw a poll once which asked who people thought made the best martial arts movies.

Chuck won hands down. Bruce Lee was a distant second and Jackie Chan wasn't even listed as a choice.

Lot of people with low entertainment standards in this world.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
If Chuck Norris was truely

If Chuck Norris was truely being bigoted, I would agree. But if it was done in South Park context, get a life and grow a sense of humor.

I dont mind one bit when my theist friends joke about my atheism. I only mind bigots. Fighting bigotry should not include being such a tightwad that we lose our sense of humor.

So without knowing his personal feelings or the full context of the joke I suspend judgement. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kergillian wrote: "Tattoo

Kergillian wrote:
"Tattoo an American flag with the words, "In God we trust," on the forehead of every atheist."

Granted he thought it was supposed to be funny

The rest of his "if I were president" quotes were pretty off the wall so I gather that he was trying at being humorous. However, I don't think it's funny and I am officially no longer a Chuck Norris fan. I knew he was a jeebus freak but I guess I was hoping blindly that he wasn't a fuckwad.

*marks Chuck Norris off of the list of childhood heros* 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
marcusfish

marcusfish wrote:
Kergillian wrote:

Granted he thought it was supposed to be funny

The rest of his "if I were president" quotes were pretty off the wall so I gather that he was trying at being humorous. However, I don't think it's funny and I am officially no longer a Chuck Norris fan. I knew he was a jeebus freak but I guess I was hoping blindly that he wasn't a fuckwad.

*marks Chuck Norris off of the list of childhood heros*

I can invision one of my x co-workers saying the same thing. Certianly "Walker Texas Ranger" is great for action, but a barfest as far as chiche tear jearkers go.

But, there is a differance between passionate dissagreement and hate. I could invision my x female Evangelical co worker making a crack like that. But I can also invision her defending me as an individual, which she has, not only on some issues of issue of religion, but as a co worker. Even her evangelical boyfriend blasted the franchise owner's son for giving me a hard time at work and told him, "I run this store and you will not treat my employees like that".

Again, since I dont know the full context of that quote or his personal feelings, I cant judge him.

In the early years of "Walker" he had alot of episodes dealing with Native American spiritality and even an episode about Buddhism.

I liked the action, I was inspired by the black white mix with him and Travette, his partner. Later on they added an asian woman to the force.

I think he, unfortunatly like most, although want harmony, may see it like most in the world, if only "they" would follow me, things would be fine.

I think he actually is a good actor, not great. But, that statement I dont think from him, is comming out of hate. I think it is comming out of ignorance. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kergillian
Kergillian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: ...But,

Brian37 wrote:

...But, that statement I dont think from him, is comming out of hate. I think it is comming out of ignorance.

Then help educate him.  Send him a picture of a lion.

Right now in America, atheists are the one group that it seems acceptable to kick around.  Even in many "politially correct" circles athists are fair game for discrimination.

Even if Chuck doesn't mean it in a mean spirited way, many of his followers don't know that. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Kergillian wrote:

Kergillian wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

...But, that statement I dont think from him, is comming out of hate. I think it is comming out of ignorance.

Then help educate him. Send him a picture of a lion.

Right now in America, atheists are the one group that it seems acceptable to kick around. Even in many "politially correct" circles athists are fair game for discrimination.

Even if Chuck doesn't mean it in a mean spirited way, many of his followers don't know that.

And how mean spirited is South Park? They have lambasted every sect of society and I would hardly call them advocates of hate.

If anyone watching South Park sees that as licence to be assholes without a sense of humor, has their head up their ass, left or right.

I didnt bitch a fit when they had Dawkins screwing Mrs Garrison, just as I didnt blow a gasket whent they had the Virgin Mary bleeding out of her ass.

Hate should defenately be combated, but we all should know the differance between hate and humor.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuck noris is a joke.

Chuck noris is a joke. Nothing coming out of his mouth should be taken seriously.

• Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life there.
  • Chuck Noris doesnt have an endangered species list, he has a list of animals he let live.
  • When Chuck Noris does push ups, he isnt lifting himself up, he is moving the Earth down.
  • Chuck Noris's tears have a cure to cancer, too bad he never cries
  • When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
  • ChuckNorris does not sleep. He waits.
  • Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head
  • There is no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold, so he turned the sun up.
  • Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost.

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Chuck Norris Wants To Brand Atheists

What if he had said tattoo every foreigner or muslim instead of atheist? What if he said tattoo the forehead of every Jew? The shit would hit the fan that's what. It could be he chose atheist for a reason, it's safe to joke about us in a discriminating way and get away with it or it could also be his way of saying to his christian community what they all believe is soon to come. (tattooing (mark) on the forehead). I take it he was makeing a pathetic attempt at humor since he also joked about Bill Gates and Warren Buffet as well as the Trump. I wouldn't get too upset about it since he included them. I never watched his texas walker program and didn't bother with his movies either. I saw two of his old movies and that's it. Not a fan. I noticed atheists seem to be mentioned much more now within the last 5-10 years. If an atheist made a public joke about christians better believe they would be all over it. At least he didn't say we aren't patriotic.

Kergillian
Kergillian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Kergillian

Brian37 wrote:
Kergillian wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Right now in America, atheists are the one group that it seems acceptable to kick around. Even in many "politially correct" circles athists are fair game for discrimination.

And how mean spirited is South Park? They have lambasted every sect of society and I would hardly call them advocates of hate.

If anyone watching South Park sees that as licence to be assholes without a sense of humor, has their head up their ass, left or right.

I didnt bitch a fit when they had Dawkins screwing Mrs Garrison, just as I didnt blow a gasket whent they had the Virgin Mary bleeding out of her ass.

Hate should defenately be combated, but we all should know the differance between hate and humor.

But there is a big difference between Chuck Norris, who puts himself out there as a role modle to children, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone who are clearly marketing themselves to adults.  Last I checked, the South Park website didn't have a secton for children.

What if he had said "Blacks" or "Jews" instead of atheists?  How well do you think that would fly? 

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kergillian wrote: Last I

Kergillian wrote:
Last I checked, the South Park website didn't have a secton for children.

What if he had said "Blacks" or "Jews" instead of atheists? How well do you think that would fly?

Eh, Parker and Stone go to great pains to make sure they drag everyone over the coals. Sure, I might get aggitated when they're making fun of 'my' group, but I know that they are not singling me out. It is part of their standard operationg procedure to make fun of everyone... otherwise they are the bigots everyone thinks they are.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Almost makes you wish Bruce

Almost makes you wish Bruce Lee really did kill Chuck Norris at the end of Way of the Dragon doesn't it?  Well, his branding comment and Walker Texas Ranger.

Of course, has anyone heard Dane Cook's bit on atheism?  His was even harsher, and a bit funnier since it involved printing the entire Bible on the Atheist after the athiest died. Sticking out tongue

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ahhh the dane cook segment.

Ahhh the dane cook segment. The one where he says atheists believe we are going to die and become trees. Then it would be funny if someone chopped down the tree.

But I actually like dane cook... if there is a commedian I hate, it is carlos mencia. I have yet to hear him speak about religion... but his racist jokes are fking retarded. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Kergillian wrote: Brian37

Kergillian wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Kergillian wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

But there is a big difference between Chuck Norris, who puts himself out there as a role modle to children, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone who are clearly marketing themselves to adults. Last I checked, the South Park website didn't have a secton for children.

What if he had said "Blacks" or "Jews" instead of atheists? How well do you think that would fly?

Well, if society werent so gullible, media wouldnt market the "role model" motif as a selling point. The only role model a kid should have are the parents. Norris is a capitalist which is why "Walker" sold so well. He sells them a product they want to buy.

It is not my job to be my neighbor's babby sitter, nor is it the job of Chuck Norris to be your kid's babby sitter.  

Kergillian
Kergillian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Well, if

Brian37 wrote:
Well, if society werent so gullible, media wouldnt market the "role model" motif as a selling point. The only role model a kid should have are the parents. Norris is a capitalist which is why "Walker" sold so well. He sells them a product they want to buy.

It is not my job to be my neighbor's babby sitter, nor is it the job of Chuck Norris to be your kid's babby sitter.

Agreed.  But society is gullible, so I'm taking this oppurtunity to educate some of them.

Now, I'm not saying that Chuck Norris isn't permitted an opinion, he is, but I'm equally entitled to respond.  I'm choosing to respond with a joke of my own.  I want people to send Chuck pictures of lions.  I believe the comment was insesitive to atheists.  If that's how he intended it, fine, but I want people to know how he feels about atheists.  If it was an honest case of bad judgement, he can apologize.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it's a shame that

I think it's a shame that Chuck Norris isn't really hamming up all of this September-of-his-years popularity.  Just think of the possibilities he could explore with the whole Chuck Norris Facts thing.  But no, he'd rather turn the publicity into a marketing ploy for his books, or a shill for fundamental Christianity.  

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
silentseba wrote:Ahhh the

silentseba wrote:

Ahhh the dane cook segment. The one where he says atheists believe we are going to die and become trees. Then it would be funny if someone chopped down the tree.

Yeah.  Have to admit it was absurdly clever. 

silentseba wrote:
But I actually like dane cook... if there is a commedian I hate, it is carlos mencia. I have yet to hear him speak about religion... but his racist jokes are fking retarded. 

But his religious royal rumble was pretty funny.  He had Moses, Vishnu, Jesus, Buddha, and Mohammed duke it out in the ring.  Of course Mohammed's special power was invisibility since Mencia apperently did not want to offend the muslims too much.

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff