Hello from the back woods of Alabama

Uncle Dave
Uncle Dave's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello from the back woods of Alabama

I am Uncle Dave. I received this name when as a chief petty officer in the U. S. Navy. I decided to run my division as a commune not as a dictatorship. The people who worked for me started calling me Uncle Dave instead of Chief to see if I would back up my stated conviction with more than lip service. That was thirty years ago and I’m still Uncle Dave. I also have a lot of nephews and nieces here in the back woods of Alabama so that helps.

I live in a trailer out in the woods behind the airport in Etowah County, in Northeast Alabama. Just me and my constant companion, J. Edgar Dogg (He bears a strong resemblance to the first head of the FBI.) He is a two year old Shar Pei and the source for many of the musings on my BLOG.

The area is not a true nursery for the fostering of new ideas in religious understanding. Here one can be branded a heretic for admitting they believe in the wrong brand of Fundamentalist Christian Theology. As you might imagine, I try to stay out of religious discussions around here. Some of these guys still wear pointy hats and sheets.

Well, that’s enough to get started so, I’ll leave you with with the address of my BLOG for now.

http://www.dncramer.com/BLOG/?blog=2&paged=1&page=1

Uncle Dave

I refuse to make my home in any Ecosystem where I am not at (or at least very near) the Top of the Food Chain.

Uncle Dave

Uncle Dave

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Uncle Dave wrote: Some of

Uncle Dave wrote:

Some of these guys still wear pointy hats and sheets.

Ugh, there's nothing quite as disconcerting as seeing the letters "KKK" graffitied on traffic signs in the backroads where I live. 

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hey Chief!

Hey Chief!

I was in the Navy for 6 years as an FC(Fire Controlman).  E-5 when I was discharged.  If only all commands had let the Chiefs run their guys and the officers stuck to their paperwork I would have probably stayed in.  But the officers ruined it so bad with micromanagement and ignoring the chiefs that obviously knew a hell of a lot more than the green officers. 

Even the most senior chiefs were saying it was the lowest moral they had ever seen and that they would leave the service in my shoes.  The navy is going to crap these days.  Such a shame.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
An official welcome, Uncle

An official welcome, Uncle Dave!  We're glad you're here.

At least you can speak your mind here and not worry about pointy hats and sheets.

Note:  there's nothing sexier than dress whites.  Eye-wink 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.