The wisdom of the orignal Star Trec

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The wisdom of the orignal Star Trec

I just tuned in to TV land and just realized how now more than ever the positive messages of the show need to be heard over and over and are still relivant today.

I dont know the name of this particular episode, but it had two guys with black/white faces, their planet was locked in a battle over which breed was the justified and which one was the criminal. At the end of the episode they find the planet and discover that both sides had Inaliated because of their stupid and needless division.

We see this club mentality today in politics and religion. Each by themselves can be contained but, "us vs them" used by either or a combo of both, is deadly to humanity and has always been a constant source of needless division.

The episode was not advocating a one world goverment. In fact Kirk was going out of his way to explain to both sides that "rule of law" should be used and not "blind Us vs Them"..

I really didnt apreciate the show untill just now.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I remember that one. One of

I remember that one. One of them had the left side black/right side white, the other one was left white/right black.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
The title of that episode

The title of that episode is  "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield". Some really good work from Frank Gorshin.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: The title

jcgadfly wrote:
The title of that episode is "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield". Some really good work from Frank Gorshin.

I like the SNL skit where Shatner was a speaker at a Star Trec convention and in the skit Shatner gets annoyed at all the stupid questions and finally goes off on his fans,

"Look at you" (Points at nerdy guy in Trec garb) "I bet you are still a virgin".

Its funny that you mentioned the title of that episode. It made me think of that skit. Now it makes me feel like a nerd because I like that episode.

HURRAY FOR NERDS! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I grew up watching Mr.

I grew up watching Mr. Gorshin as the Riddler on the Adam West Batman series.

I saw that Star Trek episode later in life and thought "Damn! He did some really good acting in that." Shame the rest of the cast didn't give him a lot of support.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin