Was Jesus...

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
Was Jesus...

Was jesus circumsiced? I was asked this question the other day i said "If he existed probly since he was born a jew." but my friend said be hes a christian so he may not be. So i wondered if any of you would like to elaborate on the subject further...

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
He was a Jew. He was

He was a Jew. He was circumcised.

...That is, if he existed. 

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol, I was fixing to say

Lol, I was fixing to say that.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Isn't a bit odd that someone

Isn't a bit odd that someone would even wonder about something like that?

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
Well i had to give him

Well i had to give him credit that he was able to think bout something other than World of Warcraft...The only thing that ever comes out of his mouth usually is WOW this or WOW that but i had to admit that this was actually an intellegent question when christains aren't necessarilly circumsiced...I figured id hand it off to you guys...

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
I seem to remember an old

I seem to remember an old christian urban legend about jesus' foreskin be preserved and held by the vatican.  There was a rumour that jesus was going to be cloned using cells from the foreskin in question.  If this was true, I suppose it would mean that he was circumsized..

After a quick search of everyone's favorite urban legend site, I found this:  http://www.snopes.com/religion/clone.htm

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

ImmaculateDeception wrote:

I seem to remember an old christian urban legend about jesus' foreskin be preserved and held by the vatican. There was a rumour that jesus was going to be cloned using cells from the foreskin in question.

That is funny.  I wonder if the priests regard it highly.  Maybe even offer some prayer to it.  I mean they supposedly have the Shroud of Turin and that's just a piece of cloth, but I'm willing to bet they hold some reverence over the cloth as well.   

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't care what they put

I don't care what they put the skin in, it aint lasting no 2000+ years.

And they do have the Shroud of Turin. It's been dated and turned out being like 500 years old (not good news for the church). Plus, they showed how the negative of the face and all could have been done during that time, likely by Da Vinci I believe it was. 

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:

I seem to remember an old christian urban legend about jesus' foreskin be preserved and held by the vatican. There was a rumour that jesus was going to be cloned using cells from the foreskin in question.

That is funny. I wonder if the priests regard it highly. Maybe even offer some prayer to it. I mean they supposedly have the Shroud of Turin and that's just a piece of cloth, but I'm willing to bet they hold some reverence over the cloth as well.

Well, I suppose if they hold reverance over the "shroud" of turin, they could hold reverance over the "hood" of turin as well.

Oh, that was bad.  I'm fired. 

hellfiend666
Rational VIP!
hellfiend666's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

I seem to remember an old christian urban legend about jesus' foreskin be preserved and held by the vatican. There was a rumour that jesus was going to be cloned using cells from the foreskin in question. If this was true, I suppose it would mean that he was circumsized..

After a quick search of everyone's favorite urban legend site, I found this: http://www.snopes.com/religion/clone.htm

Great find, dude!  After reading it though, it leaves me to wonder, wouldn't that be like forcing gods hand and undermining he/she/it's authority?   I guess fanatical believers will stop at nothing though, huh...

The darkness of godlessness lets wisdom shine.

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
hellfiend666

hellfiend666 wrote:

I seem to remember an old christian urban legend about jesus' foreskin be preserved and held by the vatican. There was a rumour that jesus was going to be cloned using cells from the foreskin in question. If this was true, I suppose it would mean that he was circumsized..

After a quick search of everyone's favorite urban legend site, I found this: http://www.snopes.com/religion/clone.htm

Great find, dude! After reading it though, it leaves me to wonder, wouldn't that be like forcing gods hand and undermining he/she/it's authority? I guess fanatical believers will stop at nothing though, huh...

Still, though.  Think about the great stem cells we could get from a divine zygote. 

hellfiend666
Rational VIP!
hellfiend666's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Still, though.  Think

"Still, though.  Think about the great stem cells we could get from a divine zygote. "

HA HA HA!!! That's fukin hilarious dude!!!  

The darkness of godlessness lets wisdom shine.