Santa Crucified.

Eric Ferguson
User is offlineOffline
Santa Crucified.

The Chronicle Herald.ca
Halifax

Crucified Santa gains few fans for B.C. artist

METCHOSIN, B.C. (CP) — A Vancouver Island artist has put an effigy of a crucified Santa Claus on his front lawn, causing some neighbours to complain it’s traumatizing their children.

Jimmy Wright said the figure is intended to be a comment on society’s growing appetite for consumer goods.

"I don’t know how it came into my mind but I thought I’m going to take Santa Claus and I’m going to crucify him."

Wright said his latest work is not for sale.

"I think it’s an evil way," one woman said. "Kids see things like that and children — they see that on the front page — I think that’s terrible."

Others are also wondering what motivates someone to crucify Santa.

"All I wanted to do was to promote a dialogue," Wright said.

"Global warming is consumption-driven so there’s the argument. We have to come to terms with our hang-up on consumption. We’re in a consumptive orgy, I feel."

Critics are concerned the effigy will spoil the magic of Christmas for children.

"If that magic is Santa and if that magic is ‘oh boy lots of stuff,’ well then that kid needs the message right away and so does the parent," Wright said.

----
See how crazy these warmaholics are?

Consider this account closed. It's disgraceful this site has no function to delete an account. I cannot be part of an organization that seeks only to replace the religion of the god of the bible with the religion of "poor me" bleeding heart liberalism. Rational my ass! Not believing in a god is one thing. A rational view of the rest of the world is something else, which isn't found here.

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:"Global warming is

Quote:
"Global warming is consumption-driven so there’s the argument. We have to come to terms with our hang-up on consumption. We’re in a consumptive orgy, I feel."

That's a stupid reason for that. It's possible to have good reasons to crucify Santa on the lawn. That isn't one of them.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zhwazi wrote:That's a stupid

Zhwazi wrote:
That's a stupid reason for that. It's possible to have good reasons to crucify Santa on the lawn. That isn't one of them.

It makes perfect sence, in order to stop one thing, I must do something only vaugly connected to that.

My neighbor wont stop blaring his radio, I must sculpt the effiel tower out of cheese and olives!

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Eric Ferguson
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote: My neighbor

Ophios wrote:
My neighbor wont stop blaring his radio, I must sculpt the effiel tower out of cheese and olives!

mmmmm...cheese and olives. 

Consider this account closed. It's disgraceful this site has no function to delete an account. I cannot be part of an organization that seeks only to replace the religion of the god of the bible with the religion of "poor me" bleeding heart liberalism. Rational my ass! Not believing in a god is one thing. A rational view of the rest of the world is something else, which isn't found here.

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always wonder why it's

I always wonder why it's somehow okay to show children a crucifed guy in some cases, but not in others.
I agree about the traumatizing part, but why doesn't that ever apply to Xtianity? Sad

Compare:

Okay, the jesus one kind of turns me on.... what a hottie. The santa one amuses me. But really, crucifixion isn't the funnest way to go, Letting kids know about it in the FIRST place seems kind of wrong.
ROTF