Just Another Human.....

Brayton.l
Brayton.l's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just Another Human.....

Ok then, Here I am.

Im a guy, I'm older than you, I got chitlins....do you care?

However, I do have something to say. You youngins might wanna pay attention.

[old geezer voice] Let me take you to a time.........

The year is 198? Folks dont have the internet, (well, the geeks have usenet, maybe) we still think cable TV is fuckin smokin, the real geeks have a TRS80, cassettes are all the rage, I have no clue who is on the charts, i'm busy listening to Judas Priest and Pink Floyd. (Yes, I knew, even then, that Rob was bi, I used to laugh at the guys who tried to say he wasnt. I mean "Hot Rockin", Cmon!)

Somewhere in the armpit of America...... Even worse, in the asscrack of Ohio....

2 guys, sittin around, partakin O' the Herbal Remedy, discuss the nature of shit.....

"Dude, ever notice how the solar system looks like an atom?"

"Yeah man, totally. What if the universe just goes on and on like that?"

"Wow, thats so deep man..... *cough..cough...hack...here man, Im done* So, what does that mean man...here I am, worried about my mom smellin smoke, and the Universe is sooo big.... dude, thats starting to freak me out...we are insignificant....that blows."

*Flip the tape over man, I wanna hear Hey You..cough cough hack*

"Heh heh man, dont get off unless you cough! So, what? Does that mean god made all this for us?"

"Dude, LOL (We actually laughed back then,) there aint no god. The entire idea is bogus. It's all just a way to control us, get our money, and try an keep us from scroggin their daughters"

"Maybe, but what if your wrong, I mean, hell awaits."

"Perhaps your right my friend, but I bet the devil gets better weed"

"Oh, yeah! But still, I bet Jesus smoked a bowl or two"

"Oh yeah, totally, probably got it from Lucifer while they were hangin out in the desert."

We knew. As we all do now, god is freakin imaginary, we just coughed alot more.[/old geezer voice]

See the problem here? We had no way to easily reach out to like minded people. Oh, sure, shit was goin down in the cities, but we were just a couple punks, stuck in a shithole town, in a shithole state. We wouldnt have known about Dawkins, even though he was already a famous man.

Our idea of being Freethinkers was listening to Floyd and Dio, watching HeavyMetal and The Wall.

Our idea of being intellectual was reading Lord of the Rings, Asimov and Herbert. (Ok, those last ones did actually make us cool.)

Why did I bore the hell right outta you with that drivel?

Because what you people are doin here Fuckin Rocks.

Now is a great time to be alive. What we have available, the way we can communicate, the unlimited amount of information at our disposable.

The way we can instantly find like minded people just boggles the mind of a geezer such as myself. (And I dont give a righteous rats ass what the word geezer means this week!)

So, what it boils down to is....I am so proud of you kids, in awe, truly.

What you've begun is world changing shit. You should be proud!

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Brayton.l I'm glad

Welcome Brayton.l

I'm glad you found us 

by the way, there are a couple of other geezers here 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.  I'm

Welcome to the forum.  I'm glad that you have found us.  By the bye, the armpit of Ohio is Portsmouth.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Brayton.l
Brayton.l's picture
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote: Welcome

aiia wrote:

Welcome Brayton.l

I'm glad you found us

by the way, there are a couple of other geezers here

Cool, I mean, I knew I couldn't be the oldest, but sometimes, I feel pretty damn old! 

Brayton.l
Brayton.l's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Welcome to the

Nero wrote:

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you have found us. By the bye, the armpit of Ohio is Portsmouth.

Thanks for the welcome! 

Although I beg to differ, Indian Lake is by far, the amrpit of Ohio. Or at least the cesspool. 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brayton.l wrote: Nero

Brayton.l wrote:
Nero wrote:

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you have found us. By the bye, the armpit of Ohio is Portsmouth.

Thanks for the welcome! 

Although I beg to differ, Indian Lake is by far, the amrpit of Ohio. Or at least the cesspool. 

You are correct. Indian Lake is a cesspool.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Glad to have you on board

Glad to have you on board old dude. Smiling

P.S. I'm 35 Smiling

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zombie wrote: Glad to have

Zombie wrote:

P.S. I'm 35 Smiling

Try not to stare at the baby growing out of Zombie's back.  He's not self-conscious about it but claims that the baby is riding in a carrier.  Just smile and nod.

Brayton.l
Brayton.l's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Zombie

Nero wrote:
Zombie wrote:

P.S. I'm 35 Smiling

Try not to stare at the baby growing out of Zombie's back. He's not self-conscious about it but claims that the baby is riding in a carrier. Just smile and nod.

Kewl, if you looked I am 37, nearly 38. (OMG! WTF?)

Yes, Indian Lake = Cesspool.

We aint called Lake Rats fer nuthin.

*smiles...nods*

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hey Brayton!I hail from

Hey Brayton!

I hail from the armpit of Texas.  Less than 750 people.  Wifebeating rednecks and churches everywhere.

Hell I remember playing phonographic records in the bedroom and 8-tracks in the car.

"Fuck it.  Pass me a beer and put in KISS." (Back when KISS was cool.)

I'm only 33.  But where I lived we lagged behind the rest of america around 10 years.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Brayton.l
Brayton.l's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: Hey

Watcher wrote:

Hey Brayton!

I hail from the armpit of Texas. Less than 750 people. Wifebeating rednecks and churches everywhere.

Hell I remember playing phonographic records in the bedroom and 8-tracks in the car.

"Fuck it. Pass me a beer and put in KISS." (Back when KISS was cool.)

I'm only 33. But where I lived we lagged behind the rest of america around 10 years.

Oh hell, I lived in Irving for like 2 months! Enough for me!

I can remember my sister getting a Leif Garret 8 track for x-mas.

I had "Destroyer" the week it came out. I went through alot of cherry Kool-aid for about a month. (If you dont know, I cant explain)

Ok, I'm ready to stop reminiscing now!  Yell[/geezer]

Heres to the future! The 70's never happened, and thats final!