Thank you, Greydon Square

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you, Greydon Square

I don't know if Greydon ever stops by the forums, but I just wanted to thank him for brightening my day.  I've had a rough go of it lately, but watching him at the AAI Convention brought a smile to my face.

Mr. Greydon Square, I love your music, man...and I'm not a huge fan of rap. Smiling  Also, it was a great reminder that atheists are going to face adversity.  We just have to do our best.  That's all. Smiling

I'm wondering what kind of dynamic there was between you and Richard Dawkins.  You are just too incredibly cool for words and Dr. Dawkins is so sophisticated I'd be afraid to meet him, I think. Smiling  (I'd probably be tongue-tied if I met you, too.)  Was there a minor explosion because two very different types ultimate coolness collided? 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know he pops in here, but

I know he pops in here, but if you want to post over on his board:

http://forums.thecomptoneffect.com/

He's there a bit more.

Or you can shoot him an email. He always answers mine within a day or two.

Definitely one cool guy. [And I'm not just saying that to keep myself on his top friends list either]

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori wrote: I'm

Iruka Naminori wrote:

I'm wondering what kind of dynamic there was between you and Richard Dawkins. 

There are a few pictures of Richard and Greydon side by side in our hotel room.  The pictures show Greydon and Richard laughing, the laugh wasn't forced.  Richard commented on Greydons shirt, he said he loved it.  It was at that point I conveyed to Richard that Greydon initially intended to wear a shirt that said "The Black Richard Dawkins." I told Richard that Mr. Gawn and I had advised Greydon that such a shirt might be offensive, and Greydon should go with a different angle.  At that point Richard said (I wish I could imitate the brit accent in text) "Oh no... that would have been great, I love it, love it, that would have been a grand idea."

We told Richard not to be surprised if Greydon wears a shirt at the next AAI convention that says "The Black Richard Dawkins."

Iruka, I'll make sure Greydon views this thread. 

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Iruka

Sapient wrote:
Iruka Naminori wrote:

I'm wondering what kind of dynamic there was between you and Richard Dawkins.

There are a few pictures of Richard and Greydon side by side in our hotel room. The pictures show Greydon and Richard laughing, the laugh wasn't forced. Richard commented on Greydons shirt, he said he loved it. It was at that point I conveyed to Richard that Greydon initially intended to wear a shirt that said "The Black Richard Dawkins." I told Richard that Mr. Gawn and I had advised Greydon that such a shirt might be offensive, and Greydon should go with a different angle. At that point Richard said (I wish I could imitate the brit accent in text) "Oh no... that would have been great, I love it, love it, that would have been a grand idea."

We told Richard not to be surprised if Greydon wears a shirt at the next AAI convention that says "The Black Richard Dawkins."

Iruka, I'll make sure Greydon views this thread.

Thanks, Sapient.

You've been a huge inspiration to me as well.  You don't take shit from anyone and that is very, very refreshing. Smiling 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I bought and received

I bought and received Greydon's album about a month ago and it's been playing in my car ever since.  Great stuff.

Greydon, you lucky bastard, I wish I could have met RD and all the other guys you got to meet.  *sigh*  I'm trying to figure out how to get some press as an atheist so I can get in on the "in crowd" of atheism.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am SO strapped for cash,

I am SO strapped for cash, but I just bought Greydon's album on iTunes and it's downloading.  I'm classifying it as "health care." Smiling 

That video of Greydon made me feel so good, I think the whole album would be very good medicine indeed. Smiling 

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: I'm trying

Watcher wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to get some press as an atheist so I can get in on the "in crowd" of atheism.

Down the hall to your right is a secret door with the words "80 hours a week" written on it. Open the door and come on in, Greydon and I are waiting. 

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Down the

Sapient wrote:

Down the hall to your right is a secret door with the words "80 hours a week" written on it. Open the door and come on in, Greydon and I are waiting. 

Actually I've found something that may get both some national press and cash for the RRS.  I'm in discussion with a couple of the forum mods about it.  So far they are rather interested in the idea.  They'll let you know after we work out the details.

Eye-wink

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci