Help us support Reason in the White House in 2008!

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help us support Reason in the White House in 2008!

Hello fellow godless going to hell skeptics! I haven't posted here yet but I have had an account here to watch the Webcam shows every so often they are on. Anyway, have you noticed how the Presidential Candidates treat non religious voters as if they're non existant? Unlike the ghost in the sky, we non religious people do exist and we can proove it. We need to have our own voice this election and I know a way to do that. On CNN"s Presidential Debates the questions will be asked by people who upload videos from YouTube to ask a question. We made our own, and it is doing surprisingly very very well. We have gotton 122 Community votes so far and our question right now is the 2nd most demanded question to be aired on TV directly to the Candidates. Our question asks: "How will you (Candidates) appeal to *non* religious voters?" As we all know, this Nation isn't *Supposed* to be run like a theocracy yet many of the Candidates treat it as such and only say things that attract religious people and only seem to Campaign in churches too. Let's also not forget the constant "How Faith® works in my life" speeches.
Please help us support Reason in the White House by voting to get this question aired directly to the Candidates to answer. You can find our video at www.communitycounts.us/debates/ Our video is on page one and currently question #2 and is called "What about the *non* religious voters?". Please help us have the Candidates answer this question by clicking the green button which reads "Answer" right above our video.  Thank you all so much for your support, we think it will be great to hear what our next President has to say for the sake of us non religious Americans!

Support our voice in politics by voting for the question "Is America unofficially a Theocracy?" at http://www.communitycounts.us/debates so it can be asked live at the CNN/YouTube debates!!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'm voting for Hillary

I'm voting for Hillary Clinton, 2nd choice is Obama.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
done. Great question,

done.

Great question, btw.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Jarem Asyder
Jarem Asyder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Done as well. It'd

Done as well.
It'd definately be great to hear answers to that question. 

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks guys! Let's keep the

Thanks guys! Let's keep the votes coming!

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
So far the Democrats have

So far the Democrats have not pushed religion that much from what I understand.  Obama has done most of the religious talk but he's UCC so it's not like he has anything against Atheists.  Edwards hired some openly Atheist bloggers and refused to fire them when the religious reich protested that they had criticized the Catholic church on another website.  Hillary is the anti-christ if I understand the fundies correctly so that goes well in her favor.  Gravel is a former Catholic turned Unitarian.

The great thing about this primary is that a Mormon is running so the fundies are going all out in religious bigot mode against the Republicans.  They tried going after Obama claiming he went to a Muslim university when he was six but that didn't pan out very well.  I'm thinking they may keep the entire religion thing a bit quieter since the Republican candidates don't share the fundies sensibilities.  Romney is Mormon, Guiliani doesn't hate gays, is pro-choice and was married to his cousin (wait, that's a plus for fundies), Brownback is insane, Thomspon is a woman chaser who married a woman younger than he daughter, McCain had an affair and divorce.  Yeah, it's not time for the Republicans to push "family values" this time around.

My support is for Edwards but since Kansas doesn't vote in primaries it really doesn't matter (but I donated to him because mAnn Coulter pisses me off so much). 

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Browback is insane. The one

Browback is insane. The one problem with Edwards is, I don't think he has a chance. I think Barack might be pretty good though.
And just a heads up, our question is only 2 votes away to taking the lead!!

Support our voice in politics by voting for the question "Is America unofficially a Theocracy?" at http://www.communitycounts.us/debates so it can be asked live at the CNN/YouTube debates!!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Done.  I really would like

Done.  I really would like to hear this question answered by the candidates.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you so much you guys,

Thank you so much you guys, remember though we still have 2 weeks left, and we need all the support possible to keep us in 1st! Thanks alot! Smiling

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unsavedsinner

Unsavedsinner wrote:
Browback is insane. The one problem with Edwards is, I don't think he has a chance. I think Barack might be pretty good though.
And just a heads up, our question is only 2 votes away to taking the lead!!

Done.

Edwards doesn't have a chance, he just can't keep up financially with Obama or Clinton.  And yes, that's a sad commentary on what really matters in national elections.  I'm actually intrigued by Giuliani.  I don't think he'd have any trouble telling the evangelicals where to stick it, and he strikes me as a more confident leader than Clinton or Obama.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Nobody could possibly be

Nobody could possibly be worse than GWB. Guiliani most people don't remember was pretty bad in NYC before 9/11 - people were calling him "Benito Guiliani."

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guiliani is still bad.  I

Guiliani is still bad.  I have yet to think of any positive reason anyone would have for voting for him.  If I happen to be at the scene of a car wreck that doesn't qualify me for heading the Dept. of Transportation.

That's almost as bad as support for Thompson.  He played a President in a movie so that qualifies him in real life.

If either of these guys get elected then I'll have to admit that Stupidity wasn't just a witty movie, it was a prophecy that came true. 

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
done. let's see how many of

done. let's see how many of the anti-evolution republicans scoff at the question.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let's keep them coming!

Let's keep them coming!

GodsLimits
User is offlineOffline
I voted...great question by

I voted...great question by the way, hope it gets answered.  There's another question on there that's ranked pretty high that relates to us as well, check it out.

I'm finding myself to be a republican almost in name only.  Obama's who I'd like to vote for, but I doubt he's going to beat Hillary in the primary.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
Done. 

Done. 

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks everyone! I did check

Thanks everyone! I did check out that other question that supports our views, however first of all, he's very creepy in that video (as if I was not in mine) and I don't really like his creepy approach, and his question will get kind of a simple answer. I did give it a postive vote however. Sticking out tongue

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hopefully we can keep 1st

Hopefully we can keep 1st untill the deadline.