Life on the road

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Life on the road

As many as you may know, I left Oregon, and moved to Vermont. I have along the way encountered many obstacles. The American Red Cross put a lot of stranded people up for the night during a hairy snow storm in the Rockies.  I got stuck in the snow the following day at the Continental Divide and had a police officer shovel me out on a very dangerous summit.  I went through Nebraska where in so many fields were crosses at least 10 feet high.  I went through 13 states total with some very high energy kids.   We made it the last exit to highway 7 north from new york and had to drive 45 in heavy rain through mountainous deer territory.  We made it safe and so did the rental car.  I forgot to mention that I plowed a bunny in Utah.  There was no way around it.  Sorry little critter!  Now I am trying to get settled in here but I am being put up by the state in the Comfort Inn.  I am trying to get a job and that's not a problem but housing is.  It's so friggin cold here!  I haven't seen a blue sky yet.  I am using the computer in the lobby and a lot of things are disabled such as watching movie clips.  Well, just wanted to check in with anybody that gives a shit about little ole' me.  I'll try to keep in touch as things progress or regress.  Love you all!

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good thing there's no god,

Good thing there's no god, martha. If there were, he'd have surely smacked your ass around for not believing in him.

Wait...

No, no, wait... god, in all his mercy, saved you from getting smacked around because he wants you to live longer so you can believe that he saved you so he can save you...

err..

Wait... wait...

You got smacked around by god so that you'll see he loves you and wants you to believe in him so he won't smack you around any more.

or..

Satan smacked you around, and it was only the hand of god who saved you...

err..

Anyway, glad you made it safe.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think Martha's been

I think Martha's been smacked around by mother nature enough for awhile.  (Not to mention the sad part about the bunny.)
Glad you made it safely.  Hope it doesn't take too long to find a place to live.  High energy kids in a Comfort Inn doesn't sound too inviting!
{{{hugs}}}

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
That's funny hamby, god is

That's funny hamby, god is either teaching me a lesson. Or god doesn't do evil, it's satan that's doing evil and one of these days god will get to me when he doesn't have more pressing issues such as helping someone find their missing car keys. 

I tend to agree with Susan on the mother nature (aka satan) that is really the culprit.