Instead of "Faith Based"

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Instead of "Faith Based"

I read somewhere a while ago a suggestion. You know how when the religious right tries to violate the constitution they often use the prefix "faith based?" It was suggested to instead use "superstition based" or "mythology based." What do you think?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
If we could get one of them

If we could get one of them to stick, it would annoy a lot of people and possibly get a few to think about it.

In recent conversations with people I know, it seems that any attempt would be takin as being obnoxious. These are people who, despite not being religious nor in particularly believing in a God, simply feel we should leave them alone.

These are the people that really need to read Dawkins, but refuse to because they don't want to be evangelized to by anyone.

I get frustrated by other atheists i know (but they would never want to be called so!) who are content to allow "faith-based" activity go on all around them and say I'm the one being evangelical.

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
None of those would work.

None of those would work. Superstition to some christians denotes something demonic in nature. Mythology , well pretty self explanatory. They certainly don't believe its all made up.