Thread too hot for freethinkers (evidently)

Drew_theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Thread too hot for freethinkers (evidently)

Greetings all,

I started a thread here yesterday titled 'Are freethinkers allowed to think a Creator exists?' Evidently the powers that be didn't want any freethinkers to think too freely so apparently it was deleted, at least I can't find it.

Most annoying is I was given no explantion or an e-mail explaining why it was deleted.

I guess there are just somethings freethinkers should be protected from thinking about.

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
The thread was moved to

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?

Drew_theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
It would have been nice to

It would have been nice to have recieved an e-mail and an explantion considering the topic was directed to 'freethinkers'

Thanks for the info though Krehlic 

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmm, that link isn't working

Hmm, that link isn't working for me. Oh well, you know where it is now.

Clara Listensprechen
Clara Listensprechen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quite a few people including

Quite a few people including me didn't think that topic was too hot to post in.  I found it easy enough.

I shall continue to be an impossible person as long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Drew_theist wrote: It

Drew_theist wrote:

It would have been nice to have recieved an e-mail and an explantion considering the topic was directed to 'freethinkers'

Topics are moved all the time to the appropriate forum.  I don't understand why sometimes it will read "topic was moved" and sometimes it doesn't have a link to get to. But we don't go sending everyone emails when a topic gets moved.  Can you imagine how time consuming that would be?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think there's a mod

I think there's a mod button for "leave shadow" or something like that.  Maybe that's how you leave the "thread moved" thingy?  This belongs in mod forum, but maybe that's the answer.

Oh, and drew, the general forum clearly states that threads can be moved without warning.  (Please read all the instructions completely before beginning the test...)

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Drew_theist wrote: It

Drew_theist wrote:

Feel free to apologize to the "powers that be" at any point.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: I think

Hambydammit wrote:

I think there's a mod button for "leave shadow" or something like that. Maybe that's how you leave the "thread moved" thingy? This belongs in mod forum, but maybe that's the answer.

Making the shadow thread not only eats extra server space, but it defeats the purpose of moving the thread, please don't use the shadow function.

It's the responsibility of members to find their own posts in their account tracker (my account button) and post in proper forums.

Lastly, I love exposing ASSumers (it lets us know where were at), and inability to follow and read rules has exposed quite a few ASSumers. Anyone up for ASSuming there is a God? Eye-wink

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Never have I ever had sex

Never have I ever had sex with the shadow button.  If I did that, I'd be taking away a chance for the ASSumers to shine

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
P.S. Drew... STOP POSTING

P.S. Drew... STOP POSTING IN THE FREETHINKERS FORUM!

Quote:

Freethinkers post in Atheist vs. Theist, which is where you shuld be posting. Freethinkers have conversation amongst themselves in Freethinkers forum.

DREW, familiarize yourself with our rules:

Quote:
Cross-postings, hit-and-run proselytism, and other posts that create unreasonable janitor-chores for the moderators may be removed without notice and sanctioned either by exile or temporary ban depending on the nature of the spam at the call of the moderator.

Quote:
New threads should be posted in appropriate forums.

Drew_theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The heading for

The heading for freethinkers anonymous is

A haven for those who are without a belief in god, to discuss and the theorize, think freely, and debate any issue. No taboo issue in here.

I guess I took no taboo literally. It seemed like the logical place to discuss the issue if by definition a theist can't be a freethinker. It lead me to ask if freethinkers were free to think there is a God or are forbidden to think that freely.

I read the rules link. What specific rule did I breach?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
We've got a very simple

We've got a very simple request, as I referred to in the two rules I quoted.  Please just post threads that you want to address to atheists in the atheist vs. theist forum.  You're very welcome here, we would just like to have a special home for us. 

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I would agree with sapien

I would agree with sapien about having a specail home. Some times it just makes you want to tear your hair out listening to you theists. So we need a place to relax.