what faith you

mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
what faith you

 

You can't prove there isn't a God. You believe it - I believe you are sincere - but that's your faith. You can't prove it.

 

I believe there is a God. I believe He designed, made the world and everything in it. I believe the sun, moon, stars, and penguins show great design - just to name a couple.

I think you guys have more faith than I do when it comes to believing preposterous stuff. My hat's off to your great faith - it's just illogical faith to me.

Man could not even make one acorn or one bee - this is evident to you guys. You can't explain magnetism or gravity - yet you think there was no designer? Great faith I say.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
You can't prove there isn't

You can't prove there isn't a God.

 

Why just the one? If lack of exclusionary evidence is all it takes, feel free to believe in every idea ever proposed. I, on the other hand, will live happily in the assumption that ideas with no supporting evidence, and are self-evidently absurd, are of no relevance to me.

 

You believe it - I believe you are sincere - but that's your faith. You can't prove it.

 

Projection, bordering on ad nauseam. You're saying that an atheist believes it can be assumed that there is not a thing for which there is no evidence? The folly!

 

I believe there is a God. I believe He designed, made the world and everything in it. I believe the sun, moon, stars, and penguins show great design - just to name a couple.

 

A couple is two. There's also disease, the fact that we have to kill to eat, vestigial organs, the blind spot in the human eye; a biologist could go on and on.

 

I think you guys have more faith than I do when it comes to believing preposterous stuff. My hat's off to your great faith - it's just illogical faith to me.

 

Projection.

 

Man could not even make one acorn or one bee - this is evident to you guys. You can't explain magnetism or gravity - yet you think there was no designer? Great faith I say.

 

God of the gaps. Yawn.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
I don't intend to prove the

I don't intend to prove the existence of god.  I see no evidence for one.  Should evidence of a supernatural diety be presented, then yes, I would believe.  You cannot prove there is a god.

That has nothing to do with faith.  I don't know, so therefore I don't believe.   

If god takes life he's an indian giver


KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
Posts: 702
Joined: 2006-08-03
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth wrote: I think

mephibosheth wrote:
I think you guys have more faith than I do when it comes to believing preposterous stuff. My hat's off to your great faith - it's just illogical faith to me.

Please stop projecting the flaws in your world view onto us. And also thank you for implicitly telling us what you really think of faith.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
I wish there was a law that

I wish there was a law that any theist who posted the "you can't prove God doesn't exist" bullshit would be forced to write 1,000,000 times (with no bathroom breaks) "The burden of proof is always on the person who claims something exists and never under any circumstances on the one who believes it does not."

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Dematrah
Posts: 35
Joined: 2007-07-26
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth wrote: You

mephibosheth wrote:
You can't prove there isn't a God. You believe it - I believe you are sincere - but that's your faith. You can't prove it.

 

I believe there is a God. I believe He designed, made the world and everything in it. I believe the sun, moon, stars, and penguins show great design - just to name a couple.

I think you guys have more faith than I do when it comes to believing preposterous stuff. My hat's off to your great faith - it's just illogical faith to me.

Man could not even make one acorn or one bee - this is evident to you guys. You can't explain magnetism or gravity - yet you think there was no designer? Great faith I say.

 Okay, but can YOU prove it?

Mutual Glomp (my art gallery, currently being updated) | DevArt | Dead Like Us | Nothing Special comic


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth wrote:  You

mephibosheth wrote:

 You can't prove there isn't a God. You believe it - I believe you are sincere - but that's your faith. You can't prove it.

I also cannot prove there isn't a magical Atari 2600 console in Serbia making pastries and singing a sad, sad love song. Your god is just as implausible to me as the magical Atari 2600 so I withhold belief in either until sufficient evidence is presented. 

 

mephibosheth wrote:
I believe there is a God. I believe He designed, made the world and everything in it. I believe the sun, moon, stars, and penguins show great design - just to name a couple.

Have you studied the science that says the contrary and has massive amounts of evidence to back it up, or did you buy into the mythology shoved down your throat by religion? 

mephibosheth wrote:
I think you guys have more faith than I do when it comes to believing preposterous stuff. My hat's off to your great faith - it's just illogical faith to me.

This is clearly projection. You are sub-consciously aware that the magic and mythology you have bought into and now feel the need to defend from rational thought, is actually an illogical faith so you are projecting this flaw on to the atheists.

mephibosheth wrote:
Man could not even make one acorn or one bee - this is evident to you guys. You can't explain magnetism or gravity - yet you think there was no designer? Great faith I say.

What?

(seriously this made no sense)

 


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote: You can't prove

Quote:
You can't prove there isn't a God. You believe it - I believe you are sincere - but that's your faith. You can't prove it.

I'm going to give you something to read, and I want you to really do it. When you're done, research it if you like. Find out for yourself if what I've written is accurate. When you see that you've made a basic error, you will also see why there is simply no need for atheists to prove or disprove anything.

READ THIS ESSAY and pay special attention to Item G, dealing with presumption and proof. You will see why your entire post, and entire definition of atheism, is completely ass-backwards.

Quote:
I believe there is a God. I believe He designed, made the world and everything in it. I believe the sun, moon, stars, and penguins show great design - just to name a couple.

After you've read that essay, you will understand that this is a positive proposition. You'll also understand why we are correct in ignoring it completely at this point.

Quote:
I think you guys have more faith than I do when it comes to believing preposterous stuff. My hat's off to your great faith - it's just illogical faith to me.

When you're done with my essay, you also need to read THIS ONE.

When you've finished that essay, you'll understand why your statement about atheists and faith is dead wrong.

Quote:
Man could not even make one acorn or one bee - this is evident to you guys. You can't explain magnetism or gravity - yet you think there was no designer? Great faith I say.

When you've finished reading the second essay, you need to read THIS WHOLE PAGE .

When you get to the bottom, pay special attention to argumantum ad ignorantium, irrelevant conclusion, and non sequitur.

If you're actually interested in using your brain and learning, I've just given you a couple of hours worth of work. When you're done, you will probably still believe in god, so don't panic. The benefit for you is that you'll be smarter than you are now, and you won't make such ridiculous posts in the future. At the least, you'll understand that you're the one who believes in something, and that you're the one who should support your belief.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth wrote:   You

mephibosheth wrote:

 

You can't prove there isn't a God.

You can't prove that you don't owe me a million dollars.

Pay up.  

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
Posts: 564
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
You can't prove there is a

You can't prove there is a god. Lack of belief in god does not equal faith, though that is a typical and tired theist argument. 

I don't believe there is a god. I don't believe he designed, or made the world, or anything in it. I don't believe the sun, moon, stars, and penguins show great "design".

  Atheists don't have more faith than you do when it comes to believing preposterous stuff. Theists are the kings of the deliberate suspension of disbelief, which is all "faith" truly is. without evidence, you've got no reason to believe apart from your willingness to believe. so at best, faith is an impressive display of willpower, misguided though it may be.

magnetism or gravity(or "intelligent falling" as some creationists refer to it) can be explained. the relevance of god in our understanding of our world is a bit harder to explain, though, since the gaps that he's so great at filling are becoming less abundent. Great faith you say? i don't know, you tell me. because it's your "faith", not mine..

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: I don't

pariahjane wrote:

I don't intend to prove the existence of god. I see no evidence for one.

 

Pariahjane,

It could be the glasses 

 

 


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: I wish

MattShizzle wrote:

I wish there was a law that any theist who posted the "you can't prove God doesn't exist" bullshit would be forced to write 1,000,000 times (with no bathroom breaks) "The burden of proof is always on the person who claims something exists and never under any circumstances on the one who believes it does not."

 

MattShizzle,

You are claiming nothing exists - prove it 


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth

mephibosheth wrote:
pariahjane wrote:

I don't intend to prove the existence of god. I see no evidence for one.

 

Pariahjane,

It could be the glasses

 

 

 Sounds like we've got an implied fallacy of argument from wonder.

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth

mephibosheth wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

I wish there was a law that any theist who posted the "you can't prove God doesn't exist" bullshit would be forced to write 1,000,000 times (with no bathroom breaks) "The burden of proof is always on the person who claims something exists and never under any circumstances on the one who believes it does not."

 

MattShizzle,

You are claiming nothing exists - prove it

 

I think maybe you're the one who needs glasses....  

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote: thank you for

KSMB wrote:

thank you for implicitly telling us what you really think of faith.

 

You're welcome - faith is understated with respect to man. 


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: READ

Hambydammit wrote:

READ THIS ESSAY and pay special attention to Item G, dealing with presumption and proof. You will see why your entire post, and entire definition of atheism, is completely ass-backwards.   

After you've read that essay, you will understand that this is a positive proposition. You'll also understand why we are correct in ignoring it completely at this point.

 

When you're done with my essay, you also need to read THIS ONE.

When you've finished that essay, you'll understand why your statement about atheists and faith is dead wrong.

 

When you've finished reading the second essay, you need to read THIS WHOLE PAGE .

 

Sorry, I've got 3 telephone books and a dictionary in line ahead of your essays. 

 

 


RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
Posts: 327
Joined: 2007-01-16
User is offlineOffline
mephiboseth wrote:

mephiboseth wrote:
Man could not even make one acron...

You're probably right. I tried to make an acorn once. I gave it to a squirrel and he happily ran off with it in his mouth. But I think he only did that to keep from hurting my feelings because later I found it in the garbage.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth wrote: KSMB

mephibosheth wrote:
KSMB wrote:

thank you for implicitly telling us what you really think of faith.

 

You're welcome - faith is understated with respect to man.

LOL. He's telling you that your own words demonstrate that you think very little of faith:

"I think you guys have more faith than I do when it comes to believing preposterous stuff. My hat's off to your great faith - it's just illogical faith to me."

 

All faith is illogical, it's belief without justification. If you have a reason, you don't need faith.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Bible: New Testament. Hebrews 11:1.

 

i.e., it is belief without justification.

Furthermore:

Romans 8:24-25: “For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.” (NKJV)

 

 

 

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: mephibosheth

BGH wrote:
mephibosheth wrote:

 

I also cannot prove there isn't a magical Atari 2600 console in Serbia making pastries and singing a sad, sad love song.


So you're helping make my point?


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote:

mephibosheth wrote:
BGH wrote:

 

I also cannot prove there isn't a magical Atari 2600 console in Serbia making pastries and singing a sad, sad love song.


So you're helping make my point?

Did you read the rest of that statement jackass?


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote:

BGH wrote:
mephibosheth wrote:
BGH wrote:

 

I also cannot prove there isn't a magical Atari 2600 console in Serbia making pastries and singing a sad, sad love song.


So you're helping make my point?

Did you read the rest of that statement jackass?

 

No. But why are you asking me?

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote:

todangst wrote:
BGH wrote:
mephibosheth wrote:
BGH wrote:

 

I also cannot prove there isn't a magical Atari 2600 console in Serbia making pastries and singing a sad, sad love song.


So you're helping make my point?

Did you read the rest of that statement jackass?

No. But why are you asking me?

LOL

Huh?

 

 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth

mephibosheth wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

I wish there was a law that any theist who posted the "you can't prove God doesn't exist" bullshit would be forced to write 1,000,000 times (with no bathroom breaks) "The burden of proof is always on the person who claims something exists and never under any circumstances on the one who believes it does not."

 

MattShizzle,

You are claiming nothing exists - prove it 

 

Show me where I claimed nothing exists. The burden of proof is on someone who proposes that a certain thing exists. Can you prove the booga booga monster from Neptune doesn't exist? No. But only a moron would believe it does. With no evidence, the logical default is to believe a thing does not exist.

 

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
Posts: 499
Joined: 2007-01-02
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth, show us some

mephibosheth, show us some proof of your god, or alteast what you consider is evidence for the existance of a god.

I don't believe in any god because there is no evidence to support it. There is no faith involved. Faith and belief are two seperate entities. I challenge you to look it up.

I challenge you to show some proof.


Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
Posts: 592
Joined: 2007-04-11
User is offlineOffline
Burder of Proof is one the

Burder of Proof is one the one making the positive claim. You claim a god exists. I simply have no reason to believe it until it has been proved.

You cannot prove that god didn't tell Man/Woman X to kill everyone they see. They believe god told them yet, do so on faith. As a third party what is your response to this? They make a positive claim that god has instructed them. Prove them wrong.

If you think your claims of faith should hold any ground, please demonstrate your faith as being different than these people. Or do you think we should like them continue on a murderous rampage?

 

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
RickRebel wrote: You're

RickRebel wrote:

You're probably right. I tried to make an acorn once. I gave it to a squirrel and he happily ran off with it in his mouth. But I think he only did that to keep from hurting my feelings because later I found it in the garbage.

 

"within an acorn sleeps a forest"

Within a garbage can yours 


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote:  Did you read

BGH wrote:

 Did you read the rest of that statement jackass?

 

That reminds me of a story of a pretty smart ass.   


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:  Show

MattShizzle wrote:

 Show me where I claimed nothing exists. The burden of proof is on someone who proposes that a certain thing exists. Can you prove the booga booga monster from Neptune doesn't exist? No. But only a moron would believe it does. With no evidence, the logical default is to believe a thing does not exist.

 

Me thinks he protests too much. 


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
CrimsonEdge

CrimsonEdge wrote:

mephibosheth, show us some proof of your god, or alteast what you consider is evidence for the existance of a god.

I don't believe in any god because there is no evidence to support it. There is no faith involved. Faith and belief are two seperate entities. I challenge you to look it up.

I challenge you to show some proof.

 

As in, "come down off the Cross and I'll believe?" 


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote: Burder of

Magus wrote:

Burder of Proof is one the one making the positive claim. You claim a god exists. I simply have no reason to believe it until it has been proved.

You cannot prove that god didn't tell Man/Woman X to kill everyone they see. They believe god told them yet, do so on faith. As a third party what is your response to this? They make a positive claim that god has instructed them. Prove them wrong.

If you think your claims of faith should hold any ground, please demonstrate your faith as being different than these people. Or do you think we should like them continue on a murderous rampage?

 

 

Magnus,

You have reason don't you - where'd you get it?   


CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
Posts: 499
Joined: 2007-01-02
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth wrote: As in,

mephibosheth wrote:
As in, "come down off the Cross and I'll believe?"

As in show me some evidence which supports your claim of a god. 


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
You have reason don't you -

You have reason don't you - where'd you get it?
Why, it must have come from God! The Christian God in particular, I say, for no special reason!


Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
Posts: 592
Joined: 2007-04-11
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth wrote: Magus

mephibosheth wrote:
Magus wrote:

Burder of Proof is one the one making the positive claim. You claim a god exists. I simply have no reason to believe it until it has been proved.

You cannot prove that god didn't tell Man/Woman X to kill everyone they see. They believe god told them yet, do so on faith. As a third party what is your response to this? They make a positive claim that god has instructed them. Prove them wrong.

If you think your claims of faith should hold any ground, please demonstrate your faith as being different than these people. Or do you think we should like them continue on a murderous rampage?

Magnus,

You have reason don't you - where'd you get it?

Avoidence much?  You didn't answer the questions.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
OP You will want to read

OP

You will want to read this in careful detail:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/the_argument_from_ignorance_and_its_uses_and_abuses

If you want, I can put lots of pictures in it for you.  

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
CrimsonEdge

CrimsonEdge wrote:

mephibosheth wrote:
As in, "come down off the Cross and I'll believe?"

As in show me some evidence which supports your claim of a god.

It doesn't just involve evidence, it involves evidence evaluators. 


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote: Avoidence

Magus wrote:


Avoidence much? You didn't answer the questions.

 

Magnus, you're the one avoiding the question - also not being rational. 


evil religion
evil religion's picture
Posts: 232
Joined: 2006-10-20
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth wrote:

mephibosheth wrote:

 

You can't prove there isn't a God. You believe it - I believe you are sincere - but that's your faith.

No its not faith

Please read my article on this matter in the philosophy section.



jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth

mephibosheth wrote:
CrimsonEdge wrote:

mephibosheth wrote:
As in, "come down off the Cross and I'll believe?"

As in show me some evidence which supports your claim of a god.

It doesn't just involve evidence, it involves evidence evaluators.

Bring in some evidence so it can be evaluated... 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
mephibosheth

mephibosheth wrote:
pariahjane wrote:

I don't intend to prove the existence of god. I see no evidence for one.

 

Pariahjane,

It could be the glasses 

Four eyes are better than two, har har. 

Direct me to the evidence of god. 

Oh, which god is it that you believe in? 

If god takes life he's an indian giver


wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
Posts: 1825
Joined: 2007-05-10
User is offlineOffline
THis conversation reminds

THis conversation reminds me of something we used to say in grade school.

 

I'm rubber you're glue. Everything you say bounces off me and stickes to you.

 

Neeener neener. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Wave, you're right.  And

Wave, you're right.

 And all mephib would have to do is stop doing the second part of "hit and run" posting and make with the evidence he claims he has.

If he/she/it/they come back, they'll probably bring up the bible, that lovely book that is as internally consistent as an unmedicated manic-depressive. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
Posts: 296
Joined: 2007-06-27
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: If you

deludedgod wrote:

If you want, I can put lots of pictures in it for you.

Make sure the pics use high-contrast primary colors and/or are of shiny objects.

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: THis

wavefreak wrote:

THis conversation reminds me of something we used to say in grade school.

 

I'm rubber you're glue. Everything you say bounces off me and stickes to you.

 

Neeener neener. 

Agreed.  lol.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
Posts: 288
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
e

mephibosheth wrote:
Magus wrote:


Avoidence much? You didn't answer the questions.

 

Magnus, you're the one avoiding the question - also not being rational. 

..also cocks!

 

 

On a more serious note, this guy is a poster boy for the movie "Idiocracy".

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien


kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
Posts: 602
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
stillmatic wrote:

stillmatic wrote:

On a more serious note, this guy is a poster boy for the movie "Idiocracy".

 

Fo' real.

 

Mephiboshet, consider this an official warning--either back up your claims or at least show some interest in having an intelligent discussion on this topic or you will be walking on thin ice over here. The essays that you were directed to may help you at least be able to formulate a coherent thought. If it's phone books you enjoy, maybe yellowpages.com has a messageboard you can troll.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
How'd this guy get to 87

How'd this guy get to 87 posts?

Guess what, guys? I'm a prophet. I'm going to prove it. I've got work tonight, and then tomorrow is a football game, so it'll be at least a 16 hour day. When I get home, I'm going to check this thread, and the OP will not have said a single intelligent thing, and will have been banned for trolling.

When you see the signs, and know that I am Hambydammit, who has said these things, you will bow down and worship me, and give me 10% of everything you make.

Ramen.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
evil religion

evil religion wrote:
mephibosheth wrote:

 

You can't prove there isn't a God. You believe it - I believe you are sincere - but that's your faith.

No its not faith

Please read my article on this matter in the philosophy section.


evil religion,

You can't prove it's not faith either - that's your belief. 

 


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Further evidence religion

Further evidence religion kills brain cells.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote: evil religion, You

Quote:

evil religion,

You can't prove it's not faith either - that's your belief.

For the love of no God, could you please read the essay on the argumentum ad ignoratium and educate yourself on the fallacious nature of your argument before you continue to make an intellectual ass of yourself?

We are offering you responses, and all you are doing is asserting in one-liners over and over "you have faith". This is an argumentum ad nauseam fallacy. In formal debating, it is banned. The moderator will simply ask you to cease and desist. And, as luck would have it, I am a moderator, and I am asking you to start arguing properly or to cease and desist.

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


mephibosheth
TheistTroll
mephibosheth's picture
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-08-12
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote:  Four

pariahjane wrote:

 Four eyes are better than two, har har.

Direct me to the evidence of god.

Oh, which god is it that you believe in?

 

I believe in the God who in the beginning made the heavens and earth, the God who sent His Son to die because He was just and merciful.  We had a debt we couldn't pay - He paid it through the death of the Lamb of God - Jesus, who is now alive and has destroyed death and delivered those who were held captive all their lives to the fear of death.  I'm looking forward to eternity with Him and God and all the elect (those who believe in Jesus).  It's the greatest gift.  Don't let the devil shaft you out of it by his mischaracterization of it, pariajane.