Nevah

Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1511
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Nevah

have so few, spewed so much bull pucky, to so many. (think Winston Churchill) I don't much care for US news so I generally watch BBC news. But, when it comes to US news (PBS in this case) I listen to the news summery to see if anything is of my interest. As it is, I still have to watch and listen to the news summery and get a enough of a truckload of cattle quano anyway. We all know what politics is going to be about untill the election so why the news guys even bother putting it on is amazing. We have one candiFate who can't get his tongue untanged and the other can't get her tounge straightened out. Horseshit I say, HORSESHIT. If anyone out there can work miricles and cause them both not to win---do yer stuff.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4856
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
I read and listen to NPR

I read and listen to NPR deliberately; and it is the only one I do so. Some BBC if it happens to pop up. Some other news sources once in a blue moon. US news fucking blows cock. I rarely hear any good news. It is why I got rid of cable. 1,000 channels of shit.

Neither candidate is worth while but I know I will not be voting for Trump. He is a disrespectful whiny fucking bitch pussy. I'd love to bitch slap the mother fucker. He's worthless.

As for Clinton, she can fuck off, but at least you know where she stands on policy. She is a politician and she has a lot more respect for the military, releasing her tax returns and telling you what is what.

As for Johnson and Stein, I blame the media. Fucking get them up on the stand and let them speak. Let them go and compete for the job. Instead the media manipulates the system to keep it two party. This isn't a democracy, it is a oligarchy.

As for the public, they are a bunch of fucking sheep. I look at our country as if it was a Dr Who episode with The Silence being our government and we are constantly being manipulated, abused and killed all in the name of a few who prefer that we keep our heads in the sand.

 


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1511
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
If I were to vote

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I read and listen to NPR deliberately; and it is the only one I do so. Some BBC if it happens to pop up. Some other news sources once in a blue moon. US news fucking blows cock. I rarely hear any good news. It is why I got rid of cable. 1,000 channels of shit.

Neither candidate is worth while but I know I will not be voting for Trump. He is a disrespectful whiny fucking bitch pussy. I'd love to bitch slap the mother fucker. He's worthless.

As for Clinton, she can fuck off, but at least you know where she stands on policy. She is a politician and she has a lot more respect for the military, releasing her tax returns and telling you what is what.

As for Johnson and Stein, I blame the media. Fucking get them up on the stand and let them speak. Let them go and compete for the job. Instead the media manipulates the system to keep it two party. This isn't a democracy, it is a oligarchy.

As for the public, they are a bunch of fucking sheep. I look at our country as if it was a Dr Who episode with The Silence being our government and we are constantly being manipulated, abused and killed all in the name of a few who prefer that we keep our heads in the sand.

 

I would just write in Bernie. Maybe I'll just go right ahead and do that. There are times it becomes expedient to help the cause. I'll sympathize with everyone's predicament and help out.

And as you say, this isn't a democracy anymore and hasn't been for quite a while. I remeber back in 1952, a local guy was arrested by the FB of I (I don't remeber what for), but the deal was they really didn't have , but, it was done as an "example" to everyone else. Think about it. The arrest wasn't baout anything done wrong, it was about fear tactics. I also remember---it pissed everyone off.

I was in High School in the 50s and we were taught that the two party system was the cats whiskerys for a democacy. Haw. That's useing the scholl system for political ends. So, Already way back then the wole works was going down the shitter.

So, here's Ronnie with a excerpt from my time of innocence and when life made some sort of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHD4kGY7tbs

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3743
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:He is

digitalbeachbum wrote:

He is a disrespectful whiny fucking bitch pussy.

As opposed to you and all the other Trump critiics. So respectful.

The fact that the world supposedly is going to end if Trump is elected is for me the best reason to vote for him.

But, the Clintons are much smarter about dealing with their enemies, so she'll probably win.

http://freedomoutpost.com/the-clinton-body-count-just-went-up-by-5-in-the-past-6-weeks/

 

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
"I'll take some republican


my feelings about this election are best summed up by senator gracchus from spartacus:

"I'll take some republican corruption along with some republican freedom, but I won't take the dictatorship of Crassus and no freedom at all!"

(of course, "republican" here in no way refers to the US republican party.)

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1511
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
As best I can

make of things, both parties are screwed up and usless. I just read an article critisizing trump for statements made, and citing he hyas no respect for Muslims and who-else ever, ans saying he's outside the bounds of the constitution for critsizing --again---whomever.

HOLD IT----

Isn't D Trump excersising his right of "fee speech". Maybe the one that rute the article doesn't understand the constitution. If he says muslims in  America are a threat and he's critisized for saying so-----why is the FB of I watching muslim masques and communities. I wouldn't expect Islamic terrorist to be hanging around the Cathoilic basilica. Did I miss something here ---if so would someone point out what. All it's going to take is "one" incedent and Trump will be shown to be correct. How can that be wrong, it is going to happen.

I have no doubt about it.,

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
his grasp of the


his grasp of the constitution has been called into question not because of his offensive remarks about muslims, but because of his proposed travel ban on muslims.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1511
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
I think

the polls are being fudged by the two party system for Hillary. All I can hear so far is how Trump will loose and little about the crimes of the billaries. It looks like the Trump floks are standing pat, and wouldn't care if Hitler was running for presedent as long as it isn't the same old crapola. At least Hitler would have some practical experiemce in running a fascist state. 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4856
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:the polls are

Old Seer wrote:

the polls are being fudged by the two party system for Hillary. All I can hear so far is how Drumpf will loose and little about the crimes of the billaries. It looks like the Drumpf floks are standing pat, and wouldn't care if Hitler was running for presedent as long as it isn't the same old crapola. At least Hitler would have some practical experiemce in running a fascist state. 

I disagree with that "wouldn't care if Hitler was running for president" statement

Also I think there is something every one has completely missed, including the media and the GOP and DNC. Trump won because people were sick of hearing the same old shit from the 17 other morons. Not one of them are worthy to be president. Charisma and charm of paint drying and the intelligence to run a country like a burning brown bag of dog shit.

Trump won just like Brexit ended up getting the votes needed then people said, "whoa, I didn't really expect for Britian to leave the EU. We just wanted to make a statement".

I believe people wanted to make a statement to the GOP and they did... a large majority of the people who voted for Trump in the primaries will not vote for him in the general electrion. 

 


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3743
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: his grasp of

iwbiek wrote:

his grasp of the constitution has been called into question not because of his offensive remarks about muslims, but because of his proposed travel ban on muslims.

Perhaps you should read it as well. The only thing he can't do is prohibt muslims that are in the USA from peacefully practicing their religion. The government banned travel to Cuba for everyone, so apperntly it is constitutional. So why couldn't he ban travel to Muslim countries?

Also, the president could declare that Islam is not a religion, but a terrorist organization or a crime syndicate. The courts would need to rule on what constitutes a religion. Can the Sicialian mafia just say they're a Catholic group and then have freedom to do as they please?

But, I think Obama is being smart by not calling it Islamic. Trump is not being smart. He should just say we don't reconize groups that push Sharia law and domination over the world as a religion, but as our enemy.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
perhaps you should fuck off,

perhaps you should fuck off, EXC. i don't have an opinion on the constitutionality of the proposed ban, and i certainly didn't express one. you're like brian, addressing arguments i haven't made.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1511
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Well slap my tounge

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

the polls are being fudged by the two party system for Hillary. All I can hear so far is how Drumpf will loose and little about the crimes of the billaries. It looks like the Drumpf floks are standing pat, and wouldn't care if Hitler was running for presedent as long as it isn't the same old crapola. At least Hitler would have some practical experiemce in running a fascist state. 

I disagree with that "wouldn't care if Hitler was running for president" statement

Also I think there is something every one has completely missed, including the media and the GOP and DNC. Trump won because people were sick of hearing the same old shit from the 17 other morons. Not one of them are worthy to be president. Charisma and charm of paint drying and the intelligence to run a country like a burning brown bag of dog shit.

Trump won just like Brexit ended up getting the votes needed then people said, "whoa, I didn't really expect for Britian to leave the EU. We just wanted to make a statement".

I believe people wanted to make a statement to the GOP and they did... a large majority of the people who voted for Trump in the primaries will not vote for him in the general electrion. 

 

and call me speechless. Yup, I did go a tad overboard on that statement. But political conventions remind me of a bunch of fanatics. I don't see anything of either Trump or Hillery to go ape shit over.

 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4856
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:iwbiek wrote: his

EXC wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

his grasp of the constitution has been called into question not because of his offensive remarks about muslims, but because of his proposed travel ban on muslims.

Perhaps you should read it as well. The only thing he can't do is prohibt muslims that are in the USA from peacefully practicing their religion. The government banned travel to Cuba for everyone, so apperntly it is constitutional. So why couldn't he ban travel to Muslim countries?

Also, the president could declare that Islam is not a religion, but a terrorist organization or a crime syndicate. The courts would need to rule on what constitutes a religion. Can the Sicialian mafia just say they're a Catholic group and then have freedom to do as they please?

But, I think Obama is being smart by not calling it Islamic. Drumpf is not being smart. He should just say we don't reconize groups that push Sharia law and domination over the world as a religion, but as our enemy.

Hmmm. Wrong. The government didn't ban travel to Cuba, they restricted it. There were flights directly to Cuba from the US provided they met the strict guidelines. Also most people also travelled via Canada or Mexico, etc, to get connecting flights in to Cuba. None of these people were ever thrown in to jail or arrested for such acts. The government didn't want you to travel there, spend money or to bring back goods from Cuba. You weren't supposed to support their economy or their government.

Also, the President saying Islam is not a religion would only be a personal opinion and end up alienating them and the USA. The supreme court and other legal battles would loom because of it being 2 billion strong with followers.