High Court (US SUPREME COURT) Case threatens independent electoral map drawers

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
High Court (US SUPREME COURT) Case threatens independent electoral map drawers

High Court (US SUPREME COURT) case threatens independent electoral map drawers.

http://news.yahoo.com/high-court-case-threatens-independent-electoral-map-drawers-124915240--politics.html

This could get VERY INTERESTING......I suspect, if the court rules against independent commissions, the red states will become MUCH more red and the blue states will become MUCH more blue...at least in the way the legislative districts are drawn.  

Mod edit: Fixed

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:High Court

Burnedout wrote:

High Court (US SUPREME COURT) case threatens independent electoral map drawers.

http://news.yahoo.com/high-court-case-threatens-independent-electoral-map-drawers-124915240--politics.html

This could get VERY INTERESTING......I suspect, if the court rules against independent commissions, the red states will become MUCH more red and the blue states will become MUCH more blue...at least in the way the legislative districts are drawn.  

Mod edit: Fixed

Since 49 states don't use similar independent commissions, nothing will change for them. If the Court rules in favor of the redistricting commission, it might cause other states to  mimic Arizona's system. I am not convinced that an appointed commission magically makes gerrymandering disappear, the people on the commission are political insiders and with 5 people, one side will have more control.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X