Happy Thanksgiving

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Happy Thanksgiving

 Hope you get to do what you want to do today and be with family. But as always if you drink, don't drive. Have a friend or family drive or call a cab.

Go Detroit, Go Eagles, Go Seahawks.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Same here. I don't pay much

Same here. I don't pay much attention to the holiday commercialism but I do recognize the year is about the end. We are all a little older and I hope a little more open minded.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4109
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
  The European explorers /

  The European explorers / colonists should have stayed in Europe, left the Americas to the original inhabitants and saved both sides a lot of death and conflict.   Of course it's too late to do anything about it now so happy thanks giving.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Just me and my dog this

Just me and my dog this year, after the year I've had, I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing of importance and just staying home for a few days. Go Bears, Boys & 49ers. Happy Thanksgiving all.

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
hello from slovakia, where

hello from slovakia, where this is a normal working day. tomorrow evening we're having another american family over for a belated dinner. i'm prepping the turkey tonight and leaving it for my wife to cook.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Just me

Beyond Saving wrote:

Just me and my dog this year, after the year I've had, I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing of importance and just staying home for a few days. Go Bears, Boys & 49ers. Happy Thanksgiving all.

 

I could care less about holidays. Earth is much older than human concocted rituals. I am going over to my mom's only because she is into it and it gives me an exuse to spend time with her, which I do anyway. 

It's funny but I used to love Magnum PI and his character used to spend a holiday alone, forgot which one. But my understanding of the plot was that beause of everyting he saw in war, holidays seemed trival.

I get the family aspect of it, but every day has the same ammount of hours in it that you can, on your day off do something. 

But have a beer for me, I will have one for you, and since you picked all three I did not pick, even more reason to hate you. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  The

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  The European explorers / colonists should have stayed in Europe, left the Americas to the original inhabitants and saved both sides a lot of death and conflict.   Of course it's too late to do anything about it now so happy thanks giving.

Yea our history for most certainly has been glossed over. I think though that while more people are becoming more educated about the reality, we still cannot take a time machine back and reverse what was done. 

When it comes to human cruelty, I take an evolutionary view. The suffering of Natives also happened to blacks and Jews. Went to a Museum in Japan dipicting their suffering in conflicts with China. Same human suffering can be found in what Isis does to non Muslims and other minority Muslims. Same suffering Muslim minorities feel in Burma under a majority Buddhists.

 

Even in antiquity if you were part of the conflicts between Greeks and Romans, the losers and captured were turned into slaves, slaughtered, or imprisoned and tortured.

 

I think the lesson of any minority in human history who has suffered at the hands of a majority is a lesson to our species of what not to do to each other.

 

But, yea, I think on this day especially it is a good thing to bring this up. Not to turn back the clock, but as a teaching moment. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Ziggy zaggy ziggy zaggy


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4109
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Yea our

Brian37 wrote:

Yea our history for most certainly has been glossed over. I think though that while more people are becoming more educated about the reality...

 

    Yes, lots has been glossed over.   When was the last time that you read about American Indians keeping African slaves ?

 

Brian37 wrote:
The suffering of Natives also happened to blacks and Jews.

 

        See above.

 

Brian37 wrote:
Went to a Museum in Japan dipicting their suffering in conflicts with China.

 

    Japan suffered at the hands of the Chinese ?   Not in the modern era.   Did the Japanese museum have any references to the Rape of Nanking where the Japanese Imperial Army went on a killing spree against Chinese civilians.  Did they mention their use of "Comfort Women" ?   Google "Iris Chang" an author who documented the Japanese atrocities against the Chinese during WW 2.  Just for fun check out Japan's "Unit 731".   When it comes to unbridled cruelty, SS doctor Joseph Mengele ( aka "The Angel of Death" ) has got nothing on this Japanese medical outfit and their experiments.

 

 

Brian37 wrote:
Even in antiquity if you were part of the conflicts between Greeks and Romans, the losers and captured were turned into slaves, slaughtered, or imprisoned and tortured.

 

   Such methods were not restricted to the advanced societies of the Greeks and Romans.  The barbarian tribes of western Europe, the British Isles, and even Scandanavia all maintained a fierce hatred of each other. Peaceful coexistence among neighbors was not the norm and was at best fragile and short-lived.

 

 

 

Brian37 wrote:
I think the lesson of any minority in human history who has suffered at the hands of a majority is a lesson to our species of what not to do to each other.

 

     Being a numerical minority does not automatically put a group at a disadvantage or determine who has the upper hand.  Do you think whites were the majority in Apartheid era South Africa ?, how about the British in India ?, the French in Viet Nam ? The Spaniards or French in Mexico ?  All examples of power over many in the hands of the few.

 

Brian37 wrote:
But, yea, I think on this day especially it is a good thing to bring this up. Not to turn back the clock, but as a teaching moment. 

 

 

    Yeah, I guess but be sure to teach it all, not just the sanitized version.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Once you

Beyond Saving wrote:

Once you go dark, you never go back.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Yea our history for most certainly has been glossed over. I think though that while more people are becoming more educated about the reality...

 

    Yes, lots has been glossed over.   When was the last time that you read about American Indians keeping African slaves ?

 

Brian37 wrote:
The suffering of Natives also happened to blacks and Jews.

 

        See above.

 

Brian37 wrote:
Went to a Museum in Japan dipicting their suffering in conflicts with China.

 

    Japan suffered at the hands of the Chinese ?   Not in the modern era.   Did the Japanese museum have any references to the Rape of Nanking where the Japanese Imperial Army went on a killing spree against Chinese civilians.  Did they mention their use of "Comfort Women" ?   Google "Iris Chang" an author who documented the Japanese atrocities against the Chinese during WW 2.  Just for fun check out Japan's "Unit 731".   When it comes to unbridled cruelty, SS doctor Joseph Mengele ( aka "The Angel of Death" ) has got nothing on this Japanese medical outfit and their experiments.

 

 

Brian37 wrote:
Even in antiquity if you were part of the conflicts between Greeks and Romans, the losers and captured were turned into slaves, slaughtered, or imprisoned and tortured.

 

   Such methods were not restricted to the advanced societies of the Greeks and Romans.  The barbarian tribes of western Europe, the British Isles, and even Scandanavia all maintained a fierce hatred of each other. Peaceful coexistence among neighbors was not the norm and was at best fragile and short-lived.

 

 

 

Brian37 wrote:
I think the lesson of any minority in human history who has suffered at the hands of a majority is a lesson to our species of what not to do to each other.

 

     Being a numerical minority does not automatically put a group at a disadvantage or determine who has the upper hand.  Do you think whites were the majority in Apartheid era South Africa ?, how about the British in India ?, the French in Viet Nam ? The Spaniards or French in Mexico ?  All examples of power over many in the hands of the few.

 

Brian37 wrote:
But, yea, I think on this day especially it is a good thing to bring this up. Not to turn back the clock, but as a teaching moment. 

 

 

    Yeah, I guess but be sure to teach it all, not just the sanitized version.

 

Not sure what all this was about. Life is messy, no you should not teach a sanitized version of anything. We are the same species. But throughout our species history you will have majorities and minorities. Those labels are geographical and time frame issues. Our species has always been capable of the same range of cruelty and compassion.

 

Japan and China have had thosands of years of conflict. It isn't either or. Both have done horrible things to each other. Not because of labels, but because in evolution each sees the other as the "other". Right now they mostly rattle sabers at each other. I saw at that Japanese museum, not just WW2 horrors but their history of horrors, centuries of horrors. The starting hall was dipiction of antiquity, and progress to this past century. You go through any history of any nation or religion their musuems are going to promote their heros and depict their suffering. I am sure China does the same as well as Russia with their respective museums. Not saying humans should, just saying they do.

We do that because we are tribal, because our species group think is local. Just like the Europians did really shitty things to natives and blacks and women. Just like our founders owned slaves.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4109
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Not sure

Brian37 wrote:

 

Not sure what all this was about.

 

         Why am I not surprised ?

 

 

 

 

 

   

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 

Not sure what all this was about.

 

         Why am I not surprised ?

   

 

 

EVOLUTION!

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Bingo,That is all that it

 Bingo,

That is all that it amounts to. The part you fail to consider is that while what works for you does not work for everyone all the time and is not an indefinate pattern.

It is not a matter for me "give a nipple to everyone" or "rob everyone to get what you want". That is your own kneejerk reaction based on your own economic view.

Evolution is not concerned with wealth wining or poor winning. Evolution is not concerned with brains winning or brawn winning . Evolution is not concerned with religion winning or secularism winning. Evolution is not concerned with males winning or females winning. Evolution is not concerned with open markets winning vs closed markets winning. 

But it is still about evolution.

My problem is not with weath, my problem is with human perceptions and jadedness. 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: meh,

Beyond Saving wrote:




meh, i've been in slovakia so long that about the only beer i like anymore is a good czech pilsener. i don't like dark beers because generally they're too sweet. i've mostly gone off ales, stouts, porters, and belgian-style beers (which i never liked that much to begin with). i wouldn't mind a good english bitter, which IMO you can only get properly in an english pub. and i still love guinness, but it's different from most of the stouts marketed in europe.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Bingo,That

Brian37 wrote:

 Bingo,

That is all that it amounts to. The part you fail to consider is that while what works for you does not work for everyone all the time and is not an indefinate pattern.

I consider that all the time, it is the very basis of my political philosophy and my preference of economic system that as individuals, humans are best equipped to determine their own path as opposed to a path determined by humans as a group (government). 

 

Quote:

Evolution is not concerned with wealth wining or poor winning. Evolution is not concerned with brains winning or brawn winning . Evolution is not concerned with religion winning or secularism winning. Evolution is not concerned with males winning or females winning. Evolution is not concerned with open markets winning vs closed markets winning. 

But it is still about evolution.

No, it isn't. Do you even know what evolution is? Not everything in the world is about evolution.  There is no 'capitalist' gene or 'marxist' gene. What economic or political system a society chooses has nothing to do with evolution.

 

Quote:

My problem is not with weath, my problem is with human perceptions and jadedness.  

So you have a problem with evolution?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Beyond Saving

iwbiek wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:


meh, i've been in slovakia so long that about the only beer i like anymore is a good czech pilsener. i don't like dark beers because generally they're too sweet. i've mostly gone off ales, stouts, porters, and belgian-style beers (which i never liked that much to begin with). i wouldn't mind a good english bitter, which IMO you can only get properly in an english pub. and i still love guinness, but it's different from most of the stouts marketed in europe.

You can't find a good pilsner around here. There is a great selection of IPAs, but I get sick of them and I don't like them paired with food because they are overpowering. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Beyond Saving

iwbiek wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:


meh, i've been in slovakia so long that about the only beer i like anymore is a good czech pilsener. i don't like dark beers because generally they're too sweet. i've mostly gone off ales, stouts, porters, and belgian-style beers (which i never liked that much to begin with). i wouldn't mind a good english bitter, which IMO you can only get properly in an english pub. and i still love guinness, but it's different from most of the stouts marketed in europe.

That explains it right there. Fuck anyone who doesn't like dark beer. 

 

Skip dark vs light and even skip wine vs beer. I have never understood room temperture vs cold. Generally speaking I dont get anyone who can drink room temp booze of any type.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

meh, i've been in slovakia so long that about the only beer i like anymore is a good czech pilsener. i don't like dark beers because generally they're too sweet. i've mostly gone off ales, stouts, porters, and belgian-style beers (which i never liked that much to begin with). i wouldn't mind a good english bitter, which IMO you can only get properly in an english pub. and i still love guinness, but it's different from most of the stouts marketed in europe.

That explains it right there. Fuck anyone who doesn't like dark beer. 

 

It is just evolution of taste buds.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:iwbiek

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:


meh, i've been in slovakia so long that about the only beer i like anymore is a good czech pilsener. i don't like dark beers because generally they're too sweet. i've mostly gone off ales, stouts, porters, and belgian-style beers (which i never liked that much to begin with). i wouldn't mind a good english bitter, which IMO you can only get properly in an english pub. and i still love guinness, but it's different from most of the stouts marketed in europe.

You can't find a good pilsner around here. There is a great selection of IPAs, but I get sick of them and I don't like them paired with food because they are overpowering. 

All it took for me to know that our differences were and are superficial is that we found overlap. I can handle that, I dont know if you can though. 

I can see us somewhere getting tanked over dark beer, insisting the other should die a slow painfull death. I don't object you your survival, I object to your script thinking.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I object to

Brian37 wrote:

I object to your script thinking.

Why? It's just evolution.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I object to your script thinking.

Why? It's just evolution.

You like winning. So far Detroit won, and Dallas is about to have it's ass handed to them by the Eagles. So since we are playing the best out of 3 do you really want to keep score?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5408
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I object to your script thinking.

Why? It's just evolution.

You like winning. So far Detroit won, and Dallas is about to have it's ass handed to them by the Eagles. So since we are playing the best out of 3 do you really want to keep score?

Winning is meaningless if you don't lose sometimes. Pleasure is nothing without pain. That is why I don't fear failure and don't get particularly upset when I do fail. So yeah, keep score.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Generally

Brian37 wrote:
Generally speaking I dont get anyone who can drink room temp booze of any type.



that's because american beer is so fucking shitty you have to get it mind-numbingly cold so you don't actually taste it that much. i still prefer cold based on my upbringing, but since i've lived in slovakia i've drank room-temperature beer plenty of times and it didn't bother me in the least.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I object to

Brian37 wrote:

I object to your script thinking.




do you really believe you don't think according to a script? do you seriously not see that you repeat yourself more than anyone else on this site? do you know what "script" means?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:There is

Beyond Saving wrote:
There is a great selection of IPAs, but I get sick of them and I don't like them paired with food because they are overpowering. 




i fucking hate IPAs. i'm firmly convinced people only drink them because they're popular with the hipster crowd. they taste like a baby spit up his orange juice.


pretty much the only thing dark beer is good for is cooking.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
I've heard there are some

I've heard there are some good gluten free beers out there. I need to make my way to Total Bev to see what they have in stock.

 

Beyond Saving wrote:

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: a good czech

iwbiek wrote:
 a good czech pilsener.

Pilseners were my favorite. It was almost the only go-to-drink I would ever order and if they didn't have one I might just drink a soda or water instead.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:american beer

iwbiek wrote:
american beer is so fucking shitty you have to get it mind-numbingly cold so you don't actually taste it that much.  

 

Speaking of which, Bud is dropping so quickly on the charts that it will soon be Black Label of beers. I'm so fucking happy that Bud is sinking like a lead weight. I hate it. Bud isn't even fucking beer. It's vomit which was turned in to swill and then fermented twice.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 BTW - Has any one heard

 BTW - Has any one heard from Vas?


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:iwbiek

digitalbeachbum wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
american beer is so fucking shitty you have to get it mind-numbingly cold so you don't actually taste it that much.  

 

Speaking of which, Bud is dropping so quickly on the charts that it will soon be Black Label of beers. I'm so fucking happy that Bud is sinking like a lead weight. I hate it. Bud isn't even fucking beer. It's vomit which was turned in to swill and then fermented twice.




yeah, and of course the irony of that is anheuser-busch ripped off the budweiser trademark from a world-renowned czech brewery, which produces one of the consistently top-rated beers in the world. they also ripped off the red and white colors. i've even been told they ripped off the recipe, but obviously they didn't get that right.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4889
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:digitalbeachbum

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
american beer is so fucking shitty you have to get it mind-numbingly cold so you don't actually taste it that much.  

 

Speaking of which, Bud is dropping so quickly on the charts that it will soon be Black Label of beers. I'm so fucking happy that Bud is sinking like a lead weight. I hate it. Bud isn't even fucking beer. It's vomit which was turned in to swill and then fermented twice.


yeah, and of course the irony of that is anheuser-busch ripped off the budweiser trademark from a world-renowned czech brewery, which produces one of the consistently top-rated beers in the world. they also ripped off the red and white colors. i've even been told they ripped off the recipe, but obviously they didn't get that right.

LMAO

Yeah, I heard that too and I believe it to be true.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15607
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Brian37

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Generally speaking I dont get anyone who can drink room temp booze of any type.

that's because american beer is so fucking shitty you have to get it mind-numbingly cold so you don't actually taste it that much. i still prefer cold based on my upbringing, but since i've lived in slovakia i've drank room-temperature beer plenty of times and it didn't bother me in the least.

If you get one thing about me get this. I cuss and bitch and am SERIOUS on the level you are to the positions you hold, but you thinking I am a dick and me thinking you are a dick, does not make us ever a separate species.

I agree with you on this, American beer ON AVERAGE sucks. 

Just dont fuck with Yuengling or ABBA.

I can drink room temp beer, I just don't prefer it. I never could even drink room temp liquer. If it is not cold I can do it, but I don't seek it. Call me cold hearted.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4196
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
i get everything about you,

i get everything about you, brian. you're not terribly complicated.