Another rich person says they are not the center of the economic universe.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another rich person says they are not the center of the economic universe.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rich-people-create-jobs-2013-11

No one has to take it from a dishwasher if they don't want to.

from the article wrote:
self-sustaining jobs is a function of the company's customers' ability and willingness to pay for the company's products, not the entrepreneur or the investor capital. Suggesting that "rich entrepreneurs and investors" create the jobs, therefore, Hanauer observes, is like suggesting that squirrels create evolution.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/rich-people-create-jobs-2013-11#ixzz2mRUqNDYL

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well golly gee, all my years

Well golly gee, all my years in business and I didn't know you need customers to be profitable.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Well

Beyond Saving wrote:

Well golly gee, all my years in business and I didn't know you need customers to be profitable.

Something we agree on then. When wages are not keeping up with the cost of living it hurts those customers you want coming through your door that make you profitable.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Something we agree on then. When wages are not keeping up with the cost of living it hurts those customers you want coming through your door that make you profitable.

That depends on who your customers are. Many companies lose business when their customers get higher incomes. Wages will do what they do and your magic wand won't change that. Of course, you could go apply for a higher paying job and fix your own wage problem. Then maybe you could shop with us rich folk at Costco.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

That depends on who your customers are. Many companies lose business when their customers get higher incomes. Wages will do what they do and your magic wand won't change that. Of course, you could go apply for a higher paying job and fix your own wage problem. Then maybe you could shop with us rich folk at Costco.

You make this about one person and I am talking about an entire climate.

Others wanting higher paying jobs is fine. But what you want and what I want are two different things. You still stupidly  think that our falling low end isn't hurting anything.

You're the one with the magic wand, you magically think life is a script and that everyone should want what you want.

Don't project yourself on me.

Quote:
Then maybe you could shop with us rich folk at Costco.

Ha ha ha, if you took that company over you'd make it look like Wallmart. And I have no doubt that CEO would hate your attitude towards me.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: You make

Brian37 wrote:

I think solving problems one person at a time is a very sensible approach. I can be a very large in one person's life, I can't do shit about the climate; neither can your Messiah.

Brian37 wrote:

Others wanting higher paying jobs is fine. But what you want and what I want are two different things. You still stupidly  think that our falling low end isn't hurting anything.

No one will pay you to do what you want. They pay you to do what they want. If you having a low income is hurting people it is douche thing to refuse to look for more pay. I support your right to be a douche though.

Brian37 wrote:

You're the one with the magic wand, you magically think life is a script and that everyone should want what you want.

A word processor, a printer, some nice clothes and a splash of ambition is all you need to get a higher paying job if you want one. I don't really care if you do or not. Your poverty doesn't bother me.

Brian37 wrote:

Don't project yourself on me.

Don't worry, you are nothing like me.

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Then maybe you could shop with us rich folk at Costco.

Ha ha ha, if you took that company over you'd make it look like Wallmart. And I have no doubt that CEO would hate your attitude towards me.

No, I would never want a company that sells to the poor. I prefer to deal with affluent customers who don't bounce checks and don't try to rob me because of a website glitch. You couldn't pay me enough to run a Walmart, I don't even like shopping there.

You have to strap on the Kimber and walking around as a white guy with khakis and a button shirt is just begging to be the next target in the knockout game. Then you put the punk down and you get blood on your shoes. Have you ever tried to get a bloodstain out of good leather? Then if you are unlucky, your attacker is a teenage minority and you become the focus of media attention and labeled "racist". Which is absurd because I would happily shoot a poor white Walmart shopper too.

Worst of all, the police might hold my Kimber as evidence, so I lost a gun worth more than the average Walmart shopper makes in a month and will have to go back to carrying the Sig. (not that the Sig is a bad gun, it is just an older model before customized cc guns were trendy making it uncomfortable and less concealable)

Since I realize the danger of such a tragedy, I consider avoiding Walmart a precaution as sensible as wearing a seat belt and happily pay the few extra bucks it costs to shop elsewhere.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: You make this

Brian37 wrote:

in other words, he is talking about a concrete reality and you are talking about an abstract concept.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Well

Beyond Saving wrote:

Words cannot describe the funny.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.