Happy Birthday To You

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15717
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Happy Birthday To You

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday corporate fuckers

Happy birthday to you!

 

NOW I have violated copyright!

 

What are you greedy fuckers going to do about it? Bully the small guy? And yes I talk about the NFL all fucking day without their permission!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, but no one gives a

Sorry, but no one gives a fuck what you do. To be a martyr you have to become one of the big guys. But are you against copyright regulation? Did we finally discover the regulation you oppose?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15717
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Sorry,

Beyond Saving wrote:

Sorry, but no one gives a fuck what you do. To be a martyr you have to become one of the big guys. But are you against copyright regulation? Did we finally discover the regulation you oppose?

No, no one gives a fuck, thats why you keep responding.

 

If anyone is trying to be  a "martyr" it is you and your Ayn Rand pussy licking.

 

Listen dip shit, we are not talking about passing yourself off as someone else. I am talking about fans who simply talk about or play media they like. You do know you have violated copyright laws by discussing the NFL in the NFL thread here?

You don't have the NFL's permission to say the word "Jets".

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Sorry, but no one gives a fuck what you do. To be a martyr you have to become one of the big guys. But are you against copyright regulation? Did we finally discover the regulation you oppose?

No, no one gives a fuck, thats why you keep responding.

 following BS's cue:

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Sorry, but no one gives a fuck what you do. To be a martyr you have to become one of the big guys. But are you against copyright regulation? Did we finally discover the regulation you oppose?

No, no one gives a fuck, thats why you keep responding.

 

If anyone is trying to be  a "martyr" it is you and your Ayn Rand pussy licking.

 

Listen dip shit, we are not talking about passing yourself off as someone else. I am talking about fans who simply talk about or play media they like. You do know you have violated copyright laws by discussing the NFL in the NFL thread here?

You don't have the NFL's permission to say the word "Jets".

 

All you are doing is demonstrating your ignorance of copyright law. It is called "fair use" and even if the NFL tried to sue us the case would be summarily dismissed. Not that the NFL would give a fuck even without fair use. I'm sorry, but you have completely failed to break the law. Try posting a full video of a game and you would be breaking the law. Although big NFL still probably wouldn't find it worth the effort to "bully the little guy".

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15717
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Brian37

Kapkao wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Sorry, but no one gives a fuck what you do. To be a martyr you have to become one of the big guys. But are you against copyright regulation? Did we finally discover the regulation you oppose?

No, no one gives a fuck, thats why you keep responding.

 following BS's cue:

 

I always find it funny people who don't give a fuck post anyway. First off, this isn't for people who don't give a fuck, but for those who do.

 

This actually cuts more to the core of the uber rich writing our laws that allow rich people with lawyers to bully those who don't have the same power. This isn't just about Universal Music, but corporate bullies in general. They are not going after someone who is faking ownership of ABBA music, and on top of not being paid a dime, that station already pays royalties.

 

No different than the bullshit of copyright on "Happy Birthday To You". No different than the stupid disclaimer in the NFL games "descriptions or accounts of the game without the express written permission of the NFL is strictly prohibited". This is nothing but monopoly of power.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:This actually

Brian37 wrote:

This actually cuts more to the core of the uber rich writing our laws that allow rich people with lawyers to bully those who don't have the same power. This isn't just about Universal Music, but corporate bullies in general. They are not going after someone who is faking ownership of ABBA music, and on top of not being paid a dime, that station already pays royalties.

I find it hard to believe Universal would shut down a website that paid them royalties. Why would they prevent someone from paying them pure profit? Do you have any details? Because a google search failed to find it. I suspect that either they didn't pay royalties or possibly Facebook shut it down mistakenly believing it was infringing the copyright. Facebook has been accused of being too heavy handed with preventing copyright infringement because they don't want to face a lawsuit like Myspace did. Universal would rather sue Facebook because they have money. If it was Facebook, then simply proving to them that the proper royalties were paid should be enough to get it back up.

 

Brian37 wrote:

No different than the bullshit of copyright on "Happy Birthday To You". No different than the stupid disclaimer in the NFL games "descriptions or accounts of the game without the express written permission of the NFL is strictly prohibited". This is nothing but monopoly of power.

Why should "Happy Birthday To You" be any different from any other song? Or are you opposed to all copyrights?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Kapkao

Brian37 wrote:

I always find it funny people who don't give a fuck post anyway. First off, this isn't for people who don't give a fuck, but for those who do.

I just saw your post as an excuse to post another meme.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)