Funny and Accurate Quiz

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Funny and Accurate Quiz

I just did this quiz I'd like to share with you. I find it pretty accurate!

It has the "atheist way" so you can do it as well!

http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

my results were:

Unitarian Universalism(100%)
Liberal Quakerism(87%)
New Age(77%)
Taoism(75%)
Liberal Christian Protestantism(74%)
Church of Christ, Scientist(73%)
New Thought(73%)
Neo-Paganism(64%)
Scientology(64%)
Reformed Judaism(61%)
Mahayana Buddhism(57%)
Orthodox Quakerism(57%)
Secular Humanism(54%)
Jainism(52%)
Bahá'í Faith(47%)
Sikhism(44%)

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
you have this

you have this one:

http://www.selectsmart.com/religion/

which is the same quiz but you don't have to give your email

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nu 1 .. Thecla, preserve us. I have become a hippie !

Nu 1

Mother of ALL Saints; Thecla, preserve us.  Flower power, I have become a hippy, NO DRUGS (EVER)! (hysterical)   

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was interested in

Reform Judaism and Liberal Protestant being so high - then I decided both these variations were the product of religion's rational interaction with secular humanism. 

Secular Humanism (100%)

Unitarian Universalism (82%)

Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (75%)

Non-theist (72%)

Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (61%)

Reform Judaism (48%)

Taoism (45%)

Neo-Pagan (43%)

Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (42%)

Theravada Buddhism (41%)

New Age (38%)

New Thought (32%)

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (24%)

Scientology (24%)

Sikhism (24%)

Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (20%)

Bahai (16%)

Jainism (16%)

Seventh Day Adventist (16%)

Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (11%)

Eastern Orthodox (8%)

Islam (8%)

Jehovahs Witness (8%)

Orthodox Judaism (8%)

Roman Catholic (8%)

Hinduism (6%)

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
stopped after 5 questions

stopped after 5 questions because it irritated me.  it applies the western natural/supernatural dichotomy to systems of thought which have no such dichotomy.  i saw typical indian ideas like "craving and attachment cause suffering" and "wrong actions result in future suffering" juxtaposed against answers like "there is no supernatural cause for suffering."  those doctrines are not of necessity supernatural at all, and most who hold them do not consider them as such, so the choices cannot be considered relevant to indian systems.  therefore, any "percentage" one would get of "hinduism," "jainism," or "mahayana buddhism" would be misleading.  honestly, the appropriately "mahayana" response to most of those questions would be "not important."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Very Glad you made that comment . . .

iwbiek wrote:

stopped after 5 questions because it irritated me.  it applies the western natural/supernatural dichotomy to systems of thought which have no such dichotomy.  i saw typical indian ideas like "craving and attachment cause suffering" and "wrong actions result in future suffering" juxtaposed against answers like "there is no supernatural cause for suffering."  those doctrines are not of necessity supernatural at all, and most who hold them do not consider them as such, so the choices cannot be considered relevant to indian systems.  therefore, any "percentage" one would get of "hinduism," "jainism," or "mahayana buddhism" would be misleading.  honestly, the appropriately "mahayana" response to most of those questions would be "not important."

The Best point  you could make. You said It in full, the obvious achilles' heel, that.  Depending on how you answered, it would irreparably skew the results at the end. If you even entered a single answer that would fall under metaphysics, it would ? Innocent question, what if it doesn't seem to have fit the pattern for some. Like the misnomer each scientist faced with the same data would necessarily reach the same conclusion.  I noticed  AE's (AtheistExtremeist's) numbers for Sikhism were dismally  low. Mine, on the other hand, were surprisingly high. And yet many things I am sure may have overlapped somewhere along the line.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:stopped after 5

iwbiek wrote:

Good point! I just care about the 100% result because that is usually correct for most people I've seen doing this

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
What the hell

Such surveys are flawed, but I half-heartedly finished it anyway.

1. Secular Humanism   (100 %)
 2. Non-theist   (97 %)
 3. Unitarian Universalism   (87 %)
 4. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends    (68 %)
 5. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants    (62 %)
 6. Theravada Buddhism   (62 %)
 7. Taoism   (55 %)
 8. Reform Judaism   (49 %)
 9. Neo-Pagan    (45 %)
 10. New Thought   (41 %)
 11. New Age    (40 %)
 12. Mahayana Buddhism    (35 %)
 13. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist   (33 %)
 14. Bahai   (31 %)
 15. Scientology   (31 %)
 16. Sikhism   (29 %)
 17. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends   (24 %)
 18. Jainism   (20 %)
 19. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant   (18 %)
 20. Islam   (18 %)
 21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons)   (15 %)
 22. Eastern Orthodox   (10 %)
 23. Orthodox Judaism   (10 %)
 24. Roman Catholic   (10 %)
 25. Seventh Day Adventist    (6 %)
 26. Hinduism   (6 %)
 27. Jehovahs Witness   (0 %)

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The beginnings of understanding . .

Re :: The beginnings of understanding . .

If you answered thusly to :  You must participate in certain SACRED RITES of your faith group

You reply [x]  Disagree  Priority of High

Results very near the top the Quakers -- Religious Society of Friends

If you answered thusly to :  Being  Non-violence (including pacifism, opposition to the death penalty, etc.) should be fundamental to my belief group.

You reply [x]  Disagree  Priority of High

Results very near the top the Orthodox  Judaism

IMHO, You can at the least extrapolate (this would indicate), each question about things such as Divorce and Re-Marriage and the one about "Social betterment programs (e.g. equality, anti-poverty, education) should be fundamental to my belief group" has a primary  group somehow associated with it, I'd safely guess. The counterintuitive aspect, unexpected was,  For instance,  slight variance within the combinations, can yield results, that would be impossible to be held without being completely self-controdictory, though I am not sure, could skew this rather badly. Again, by  some key question. From the results I noticed, I briefly checked into Sikhism, one thing it teaches is teaches men and women are equal, according to a quick peak at a comparison-chart or cheat sheet. I put a neutral answer for the roles for women and men  (no not feminist or neo-feminist *Shock*). As seen in many other instances, I have clearly indicated my personal view(s) on ''Egoism (self-importance) leads to desire, craving, ..can lead to unwholesome thoughts and wrong irreparable behavior..''. Ontological  framing of a differing connotation I dont think is covered in the term self-important.  Interesting, this particular reference in the link.. may explain some numbers, I am sure.  Further though,  ''Nu 19. faith/spiritual healing(s) ".. preferred over conventional medicine'".  Both  X and AE, as seen  had 0% (,or in sorting almost zero,) for Jehovah's Witness within the results; Recall the JWs' refusal of blood transfusions, even if one were cut-to-pieces.  You could do a mathematical analysis of this program the same way you can a children's board game  like   Snakes and ladders. It immediately makes me curious about the neutral replies in the questionnaire. If you want an answer on that, I'm afraid we all may be disappointed, other answers apparently would show up first by  every  indication,  (assuming they are genuinely consistent),.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
This quiz has existed for

This quiz has existed for over ten years and they have not changed it.

I agree with iwbiek and the others who show that the test is flawed.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
No quiz or test like this

No quiz or test like this can truly identify anything. Just reading this topic shows me a few questions that are unanswerable with anything other than a 'maybe'. I'm not even going to do it, because I don't need someone elses opinions to quantify my position. I probably know more than the author does anyway.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.