The militarization of the American police.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
The militarization of the American police.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323848804578608040780519904.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

A really good article about a trend that all Americans should be greatly concerned with. It is absolutely ridiculous the number of situations where SWAT teams are used and how many innocent/people with minor crimes are being seriously wounded or killed by brute force tactics. The only reason to send in a SWAT team is when the suspect is armed, is barricaded, has hostages and is violently resisting arrest. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Isn't that the essence of

Isn't that the essence of government, deadly force? Or have you succummed to the propaganda that they can be caring and compassionate.

I think if people are concerned about this, they should want to legalize drugs. Because otherwise there is a war on drugs and in war there is always collateral damage.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I've always been a strong

I've always been a strong advocate for the legalization of all drugs.