6 years

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
6 years

Checked my profile and noticed I've been here for six whole years.

ask me anything

Peggotty
atheist
Peggotty's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.rationalresponders

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/33480

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
This is why I avoided the atheist movement since I became atheists. It's also the reason I avoided religious groups when I was religious…..When people get together thinking they have all the answers, shit like this is pretty much inevitable. 

Thanks for your comments.  The one above’s your take on the elevatorgate kerfuffle and I agree with you.  An individual isn’t infallible but they are accountable.

Oh, but Peggotty, you haven't given Mr. Barkis his proper answer, you know.
Charles Dickens

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's certainly been

It's certainly been interesting. You've changed a fair bit from when you first posted here.
Grats on 6!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I haven't changed my

I haven't changed my underwear in 6 years, but that is still faster than it takes for theism to catch up with modern times.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Six years! I hope I

Six years! I hope I survive that long. 

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
I Have A Question

Hello Opie,

Do you put up fake avatars of people because you feel that you are ugly? An implication could be made that the atheism you hold on to like a child his security blanket, is the very thing causing your insecurity in the first place since atheism has no rational understanding of beauty and defaults in darkness and complete ugliness.

Also, are you simply atheistic so as to excuse your promiscuity? No accountability means Bono at a rock concert.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: Do you

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Do you put up fake avatars of people because you feel that you are ugly?

do you put up avatars of monks up against a wall, waiting to be butt-fucked, because you're actually a faggot?

that's a rhetorical question.  i know you're a faggot.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson