Frustration

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Frustration

Hello everybody,

I haven't posted here in a really long time. I've mostly come to accept the fact that my concept of "god" is compatible with an atheist worldview, so I can believe what I want, and still participate in rational conversations.

But a frustrating matter has come up. I talk to this guy from India quite a bit. We're both gay and there's a fondness between us. Until I get myself to India that will remain innocent (not after, if I have anything to say about it Eye-wink)

He's started posting all these things on FB from some lame Jesus page. I mean really insane evangelical shit. OMG, he's Indian, he's the last person I'd ever expect to have to defend against imaginary jesus. Vishnu, maybe, but not this. He's totally getting caught up in this bullshit. How do I cure him of this plague? I've tried telling him jesus didn't exist and why we know he didn't, he isn't buying it from what I can tell.

I feel so helpless.

Ryan

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Your gay friend is actually on the right track. You're the one that's the disgusting queer that needs to get help. The DSM Pyschological Bible 1987R demonstrates homosexuality as an pyscho-abnormal condition.

Later as our country became so poor you could see Sodom they put a claimer in there saying that you need to be sensitive to cultureal differences thus placing the DSM outside of objectivity and into absurdity.

The standard that does not change to culture which is why it's hated and blasts through absolutely disgusting desires God gave you over to have judges you as hell bound.

You need Jesus Pal!. Get help with your homosexual urges. God gave you over to them because well you're an idiot but if you pray nd ask for repentance and get help from a Church, you may have a chance.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Delusional and wrong as

Delusional and wrong as always, jean.

Not much you can do but talk about it and hope for the best.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Your gay friend is actually on the right track. You're the one that's the disgusting queer that needs to get help. The DSM Pyschological Bible 1987R demonstrates homosexuality as an pyscho-abnormal condition.

Later as our country became so poor you could see Sodom they put a claimer in there saying that you need to be sensitive to cultureal differences thus placing the DSM outside of objectivity and into absurdity.

The standard that does not change to culture which is why it's hated and blasts through absolutely disgusting desires God gave you over to have judges you as hell bound.

You need Jesus Pal!. Get help with your homosexual urges. God gave you over to them because well you're an idiot but if you pray nd ask for repentance and get help from a Church, you may have a chance.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

This coming from the asshole who claims God caused the Tsunami that killed 13,000 people as a warning to the U.S. to find God.

You are the one who is disgusting. Other people's sexuality is none of your fucking business asshole. Your hang ups are not their baggage. The only one who needs help is you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
smartypants wrote:He's

smartypants wrote:
He's totally getting caught up in this bullshit. How do I cure him of this plague? I've tried telling him jesus didn't exist and why we know he didn't, he isn't buying it from what I can tell.
Sadly, there's not much you can do. From my experience, people walk away from religion when they're ready, and that can take a long time. It seriously took me two years of thinking about it on a daily basis before I could be honest enough with myself to admit that I didn't believe, anymore. 

Jean Chauvin wrote:
<ridiculous, homophobic stuff>
Jesus Christ, you're terrible.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, what RobbyPants said

It's sad, but you'd probably be spending much of your time beating your head against a brick wall and getting even more frustrated if you tried to cure him.

There must be plenty of other fish in the sea.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Smarty

Like he said. You can't talk everyone out of jesus. Point out the inconsistencies, try not to get too pent up. At least not until you get over the the sub continent, that is. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck