Was the Exodus natural or supernatural, fact or fiction?

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbJ6qVsu_MU

I have always had a problem with the notion that God would have hardened Pharaoh’s soft heart and pave the way for him to kill/murder the first born of Egypt. For God to do so would have been evil indeed.

Do you think that science has explained the purported miracles as natural phenomena?

From what I can see, the Jews who wrote the story did not take it literally.

http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/doubtingexodus.htm

Should Christians recognize the O T stories as natural or supernatural, fact or fiction?

Regards
DL

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is no need to go into

There is no need to go into depth the answer is FICTION.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:There is no

Brian37 wrote:

There is no need to go into depth the answer is FICTION.

I agree, they most likely borrowed these stories from other cultures, we know they borrowed summerian stories and other religious stories from around the area at the time.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote:I have

Greatest I am wrote:
I have always had a problem with the notion that God would have hardened Pharaoh’s soft heart and pave the way for him to kill/murder the first born of Egypt. For God to do so would have been evil indeed.

Pretty much everything that the god of the old testament did was a heinous evil act that made Hitler look like a schoolboy.

Greatest I am wrote:

Do you think that science has explained the purported miracles as natural phenomena? From what I can see, the Jews who wrote the story did not take it literally. http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/doubtingexodus.htm Should Christians recognize the O T stories as natural or supernatural, fact or fiction? Regards DL

The only scientific explanations that I personally have heard about this myth is usually History Channel bunk from fucktards like the Naked Archeologist.

While I have heard of possible theories for the basis of the plague stories, most of them are just educated guesses that speculate what COULD have taken place, what people might have believed because of the superstition of it, etc.

I really do not see any personal data that actually supports the existence of Jewish slaves or anything that is in the story of Exodus.

I personally do not believe that any of it ever happened as real history does not have any strong proofs to show for it.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno