Vintage Jesus

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Vintage Jesus

I challenge each and every one of you to go to Marshill.com and check out the Vintage Jesus series or even some of the Luke series.  Your minds will be BLOWN! Mark Driscoll tells it like it truely is!

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not likely

Driscoll would simply add to the list of wide-eyed jesus freaks who didn't make sense when I was 5 and have continued not makeing realistic sense for the last 52 years;  it is a long list.  I don't feel like makeing the list longer. Jesus Christ is a fictional charactor DEAL WITH IT!!!   

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Driscoll would simply add to the list of wide-eyed jesus freaks who didn't make sense when I was 5 and have continued not makeing realistic sense for the last 52 years;  it is a long list.  I don't feel like makeing the list longer. Jesus Christ is a fictional charactor DEAL WITH IT!!!   

Jesus is no more fictional than your big toe

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I'll take some time to do

I'll take some time to do this - may be a while before I respond (working on a play).

The "Jesus as a better Esther" intrigues me - what sex contest did Jesus win to save his people?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Jeffrick

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Which Jesus? The teacher and Messiah claimant or the son of Yahweh?

The latter is no less fictional than Spock.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Jesus the Almighty creator of the Universe who became man, dying for our sins

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I challenge each and every one of you to go to Marshill.com and check out the Vintage Jesus series or even some of the Luke series.  Your minds will be BLOWN! Mark Driscoll tells it like it truely is!

Instead invite him to start posting here so he can made and defend his own nonsense claims by himself. If he don't have the balls to show then he don't have the balls.

Why should we go out of our way for a crazy with no balls?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

The one who is no less fictional than Spock - got it. The one who supposedly came to earth as a man while fully aware of being God. the one who "faced death as a man" while knowing that he wouldn't stay dead (something that no man will ever experience).

The one that has no possible way to relate to humans.

— George Carlin

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I can prove my big toe is where it belongs, both of them and I don't care if you believe it.   You still act like Jesus Christ is a real name It isn't, it never was;  You are reading the English version of an ancient Latin translation of an even more ancient Greek translation of an even more ancient Hebrew word [circa 1300 BCE] for god's savior annointed ;  it  is not  a name it IS a designation Mystic Jews gave for their UNNAMED god in the time of Gaius Julius Caeser [100 to 44 BCE] . 150 years later Saul of Tarses was persicuting these scattered Mystic's when he had an epileptic seizure on the road to Damascus and joined the opposition; proving, without doubt; that one needs a sever brain disorder to become a christian.

btw modern Jews still DO NOT CALL THEIR GOD BY NAME, it IS sacroligious, they are willing to say god NOT yahwah. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:JesusLovesYou

Jeffrick wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I can prove my big toe is where it belongs, both of them and I don't care if you believe it.   You still act like Jesus Christ is a real name It isn't, it never was;  You are reading the English version of an ancient Latin translation of an even more ancient Greek translation of an even more ancient Hebrew word [circa 1300 BCE] for god's savior annointed ;  it  is not  a name it IS a designation Mystic Jews gave for their UNNAMED god in the time of Gaius Julius Caeser [100 to 44 BCE] . 150 years later Saul of Tarses was persicuting these scattered Mystic's when he ha an epileptic seizure on the road to Damascus and joined the opposition; proving without doubt that one needs a sever brain disorder to become a christian.

btw modern Jews still DO NOT CALL THEIR GOD BY NAME, it IS sacroligious, they are willing to say god NOT yahwah. 

And the last brick of the last church fell and killed the last priest of the last religion... and we all rejoiced, "Praise be to god!"

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:JesusLovesYou

Jeffrick wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I can prove my big toe is where it belongs, both of them and I don't care if you believe it.   You still act like Jesus Christ is a real name It isn't, it never was;  You are reading the English version of an ancient Latin translation of an even more ancient Greek translation of an even more ancient Hebrew word [circa 1300 BCE] for god's savior annointed ;  it  is not  a name it IS a designation Mystic Jews gave for their UNNAMED god in the time of Gaius Julius Caeser [100 to 44 BCE] . 150 years later Saul of Tarses was persicuting these scattered Mystic's when he had an epileptic seizure on the road to Damascus and joined the opposition; proving, without doubt; that one needs a sever brain disorder to become a christian.

btw modern Jews still DO NOT CALL THEIR GOD BY NAME, it IS sacroligious, they are willing to say god NOT yahwah.  However, through Isaiah God said that "my people will know my name".  The name of God from the beginning of time has always been Jesus.  When the fulness of time had come is when it was revealed to the world.

All you atheists think you are 10x smarter than anyone else.  so egotistical.  It is common knowledge about the Jew's reverence of God's name that they don't say it, or even write it.  The Talmud order even blesses their pen before they write Yahwah.  HOWEVER, The Lord did reveal

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

btw modern Jews still DO NOT CALL THEIR GOD BY NAME, it IS sacroligious, they are willing to say god NOT yahwah.  However, through Isaiah God said that "my people will know my name".  The name of God from the beginning of time has always been Jesus.  When the fulness of time had come is when it was revealed to the world.

All you atheists think you are 10x smarter than anyone else.  so egotistical.  It is common knowledge about the Jew's reverence of God's name that they don't say it, or even write it.  The Talmud order even blesses their pen before they write Yahwah.  HOWEVER, The Lord did reveal

Fear doesn't equal reverence just like faith doesn't equal evidence.

I find it funny how you claim to have absolute knowledge of something you can't prove while calling atheists "egotistical".

What goes before a fall again?

— George Carlin

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Break through at last

You admit I am right, finnally!!   And thanks for recognizing that I am 10 times smarter.    Check out my videos for pure arrogence in action.   

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:JesusLovesYou

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I find it funny how you claim to have absolute knowledge of something you can't prove while calling atheists "arrogant".

I never claimed to have absolute knowledge. That is unattainable.  However yo athiests are the one's that will tell a college educated, United State's Sailor Drill Instructor that no matter how much knowledge he has, his faith voids it all.  I have trained over 600 sailors in the past 15 months.  I have seen every size, shape, belief, color, attitude, background, etc. you can think of enough to be able read a person just by looking at them.  I have my view of you atheists b/c of all the commonalities i have seen and experienced both staff and student.  I'm not as stupid as you think. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:jcgadfly

JesusLovesYou wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I find it funny how you claim to have absolute knowledge of something you can't prove while calling atheists "arrogant".

I never claimed to have absolute knowledge. That is unattainable.  However yo athiests are the one's that will tell a college educated, United State's Sailor Drill Instructor that no matter how much knowledge he has, his faith voids it all.  I have trained over 600 sailors in the past 15 months.  I have seen every size, shape, belief, color, attitude, background, etc. you can think of enough to be able read a person just by looking at them.  I have my view of you atheists b/c of all the commonalities i have seen and experienced both staff and student.  I'm not as stupid as you think. 

Not at all.

If you had knowledge of your God, you wouldn't need faith. You acknowledge faith in God because you don't know about him - not because you do. 

On the things that you know and do other than religion - do you hope really hard that the actions that you've performed many times won't produce a different result or do you know that if you perform actions the same way every time that you will get the same results?

Do you expect that the sailors you trained will achieve the same results that your training is supposed to give or do you have to hope that each one of them won't get a different result?

That's the difference between knowledge and faith. Knowledge is repeatable and demonstrable. Faith works on all but two of those things.

— George Carlin

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I'm not

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I'm not as stupid as you think. 

You are right about that, the more you post the more I realize you are dumber than I initially thought. Are you ever going to get around to providing any evidence for any of your claims?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

TWD39
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

You can't prove that Jesus was fictional.  OTOH, thousands of miracles and healings, fullfilled prophecies, and changes lives suggests otherwise.  A former pastor of mine saw an angel come and lift a tractor off his pinned leg.  How do you explain that one?

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:A former pastor

TWD39 wrote:

A former pastor of mine saw an angel come and lift a tractor off his pinned leg.  How do you explain that one?

We've been over this. He made it up. 

And me saying that has nothing to do with being mean or cynical. It's simply the most reasonable explanation. 

I still don't understand why you would go for a supernatural explanation, as long as there's a reasonable one.

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:A former pastor

TWD39 wrote:

A former pastor of mine saw an angel come and lift a tractor off his pinned leg.  How do you explain that one?

I would ask him why angels don't do more to help people.

Do you plan on responding to that second private message I sent you?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Jeffrick

TWD39 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

You can't prove that Jesus was fictional.  OTOH, thousands of miracles and healings, fullfilled prophecies, and changes lives suggests otherwise.  A former pastor of mine saw an angel come and lift a tractor off his pinned leg.  How do you explain that one?

Since you can't prove any of those incidents happened, I need not provide an explanation for them.

— George Carlin

TWD39
Theist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:TWD39

jcgadfly wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Since you can't prove any of those incidents happened, I need not provide an explanation for them.

And how do you propose one prove a supernatural event through natural means?  It's not like it could be reproduced in a science lab.  Then it would just be a natural phenomena.  Let's see if your narrow way of thinking can stretch a bit.

TWD39
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:TWD39

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

And me saying that has nothing to do with being mean or cynical. It's simply the most reasonable explanation. 

I still don't understand why you would go for a supernatural explanation, as long as there's a reasonable one.

I've had supernatural experiences myself.  Did I make that up?  Am I lying to myself?  If God speaks to me and another Christian receives the same word, how is it possible that two people received the exact same delusional thought in their mind?  This happens all the time in the Christian church.  

The more rational explanation is that God really exists and works in people's lives.  Amazing things happen when you obey God and don't live a life of sin.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Anonymouse

TWD39 wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

I've had supernatural experiences myself.  Did I make that up?  Am I lying to myself?  If God speaks to me and another Christian receives the same word, how is it possible that two people received the exact same delusional thought in their mind?  This happens all the time in the Christian church.  

The more rational explanation is that God really exists and works in people's lives.  Amazing things happen when you obey God and don't live a life of sin.

Lying? It's possible but I don't think so.

I think you had an experience that you didn't understand and your time in the church told you to see any thing you didn't understand as a "supernatural experience" and to hang onto that explanation because disproving that experience would disprove God in your eyes. It's like what happens when someone gets offended by being shown that the Bible is demonstrably wrong on a subject. The book is their God. The experience is your god.

The supernatural is never a rational explanation because it can't be defined. Define "supernatural" in a way that tells me what it is instead of what it's not (ex. "the supernatural is anything that's not natural" is telling me what it isn't).

As for obeying God and not sinning - does that include lying for Jesus? Not accusing you - just providing a counter example. Lying for Jesus happens all the time.

— George Carlin

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:I've had

TWD39 wrote:

It is very possible for groups of people to form the same delusions. To prove this all you have to do is get a couple of people together and take your choice of hallucinogenic drug. Sit down together and smoke/eat the hallucinogen. There is a very good chance that the two of you (or 3 or 4) will have the same hallucination. Why? Because the brain is suggestible and when people start talking about what they are seeing the other people's brains will follow that path. Chances are that no one will be able to tell exactly who started the whole thing and each will believe that their hallucination was created independently. 

It is quite common for people in groups to have shared delusions and to feed off of each other.

TWD39 wrote:

Then how do you explain the amazing things that happen when you disobey god and live a life of sin?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
To TWD39:I'll take your

To TWD39:

I'll take your recent comments that completely ignore my post as evidence you don't plan on responding to that private message.

If you do not respond within one week from the time this message is posted, I will post our private conversation on this board and ask what people think of it.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Big Toe died for our sins

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Following in the footsteps of his mentor Big Bird, the Yellow Dove, Big Toe kicked his last field goal in life and rejoined his father in heaven, Big John, Big Bad John.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

All you atheists think you are 10x smarter than anyone else.

Not everyone. Just you. And that is knowledge not belief.

Quote:
so egotistical.  It is common knowledge about the Jew's reverence of God's name that they don't say it, or even write it.  The Talmud order even blesses their pen before they write Yahwah.  HOWEVER, The Lord did reveal.

Even a dimwit like you should know the name of their god is not God. So why do they have a hyphenated G-d?

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I never claimed to have absolute knowledge. That is unattainable.  However yo athiests are the one's that will tell a college educated,

Community college dropout is not what college educated usually means. Of course you can give your real name, degree claim and college so we can call and verify.

Quote:

United State's Sailor Drill Instructor that no matter how much knowledge he has,

Since when does the Navy waste people with a real college education as DIs?

Quote:
his faith voids it all.  I have trained over 600 sailors in the past 15 months.  I have seen every size, shape, belief, color, attitude, background, etc. you can think of enough to be able read a person just by looking at them.  I have my view of you atheists b/c of all the commonalities i have seen and experienced both staff and student.  I'm not as stupid as you think. 

Where are you stationed? As to stupid, probably even more so after seeing you try to pull off the "college educated" scam and that you think being a DI is some sort of intellectual accomplishment.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

TWD39 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

You are Balaam and the pastor is your ass?

Of he is a liar and you are gullible? What did the guy under the tractor see? You never talked to him? You don't even know his name or where he lived? Gullible beyond belief.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

TWD39 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:
TWD39 wrote:
Jeffrick wrote:

And how do you propose one prove a supernatural event through natural means?  It's not like it could be reproduced in a science lab.  Then it would just be a natural phenomena.  Let's see if your narrow way of thinking can stretch a bit.

Produce the name and address of the guy who leg was pinned. Better yet have him log on and tell what he saw happen. All you have posted is a story you were told that you never took the first step in verifying.

Did anyone get the angel's name? Fingerprints? Maybe it was just a space alien.

www.ussliberty.org

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:jcgadfly

TWD39 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I don't propose to prove them - that's your job.

You want me to stretch my "narrow way of thinking"? Support your claims.

Asking me to accept your claims without support won't stretch my thinking - it will shrink it to where yours is now. After all, you're the one who stopped thinking by saying "God did it".

— George Carlin

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

TWD39 wrote:
I've had supernatural experiences myself.  Did I make that up?  Am I lying to myself?

Yes you are making it up and you are lying to us. That wasn't hard.

Quote:
If God speaks to me and another Christian receives the same word, how is it possible that two people received the exact same delusional thought in their mind?  This happens all the time in the Christian church.

Would you care to put up scans of the notes you both took separately so we can compare and see they are the exact, same words? Or do we get the usual, god told us both to do it/not do it?

Quote:

That you are lying and exaggerating are much simpler explanations.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

jcgadfly wrote:
The supernatural is never a rational explanation because it can't be defined. Define "supernatural" in a way that tells me what it is instead of what it's not (ex. "the supernatural is anything that's not natural" is telling me what it isn't).

In Christian reality the supernatural is natural. Odd thing that.

Quote:
As for obeying God and not sinning - does that include lying for Jesus? Not accusing you - just providing a counter example. Lying for Jesus happens all the time.

Lying to bring people to the Christ has been approved and even recommended by Paul. Lying is not an accusation of anything other than being a good Christian.

www.ussliberty.org

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:I've had

TWD39 wrote:
I've had supernatural experiences myself.  Did I make that up?  Am I lying to myself?

There are, again, several rational answers to those questions, and other people here have already provided them.

TWD39 wrote:
If God speaks to me and another Christian receives the same word, how is it possible that two people received the exact same delusional thought in their mind?  This happens all the time in the Christian church.

Two people coming up with the same word doesn't seem very miraculous to me. The rational explanations are, again, too numerous to count. 

TWD39 wrote:
The more rational explanation is that God really exists and works in people's lives.

?

Well, no. That doesn't make any sense. The rational explanations are still there. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away.

TWD39 wrote:
Amazing things happen when you obey God and don't live a life of sin.

That sounds like an incentive for people to make stuff up.

Also, amazing things happen when you don't obey god and do live a "life of sin".

I don't know about you, but I find falling in love a lot more amazing than 2 people coming up with the same word. But that's just me.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
blacklight915 wrote:To

blacklight915 wrote:

To TWD39:

I'll take your recent comments that completely ignore my post as evidence you don't plan on responding to that private message.

If you do not respond within one week from the time this message is posted, I will post our private conversation on this board and ask what people think of it.

If TW doesn't mind, I'd be interested to see that. 

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Jesus

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Oh the mythical jesus, as well you seem to have an issue with comprehending simple concepts, like being resurrected means he didn't actually die or sacrificed anything.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Pastor Mark on Atheism

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: what a

JesusLovesYou wrote:

what a revelation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv3TFg9SJb4

What a load of lies.

No need for me or anyone else to comment on this. The comments are already there.

YT comments wrote:

Basically, you're saying that people who don't believe in an after life are plagued by "constant fear... just a life full depression that will lead to drugs, alcohol, sex, and suicide." First, it's false that non-belief in the afterlife leads to suicide. Second, do you really think that nothing you do in your life matters if you don't live forever? I would suggest looking at Qualiasoup's video titled "Why Live?" which gives some reasons for why life is worth living without an afterlife.

I guess telling people that atheists are depressed social Darwinists may make your congregation afraid to question the lies you are telling them, but not convince non believers that someone who lies for a living should be trusted

One of the things that turned me from a 40 year committed Christian to Atheist were the dishonest lies of people like Driscoll who say atheists believe in social Darwinism, or that our society should just be survival of the fittest. Just because you accept the scientific evidence for how species have adapted to selection pressures over time says nothing about what is the best way to try and live a meaningful life.

You live in constant fear of hell and wether you deserve heaven, I have never feared death at all for the simple reason that I know it is an end; total, complete and equal for all. It just makes me love and enjoy this life all the more. It makes me seek out knowledge, makes me want to help others enjoy this life they share with me, I hope I do well, I hope my family lasts forever, the foundations of dispair support a mighty big hall of achievement and a fire of hope and creativity.

I also choose to believe that I have no millionaire great uncle that will remember me in his will and secure me financially for the rest of my life. I believe this, because it happens to be true, so far as I know. My atheism is similar. There is no constant fear, no depression necessary. That only seems that way to someone weaned on ideas of eternity terrified to lose them.

"Might makes right; only the fittest survive." Sounds more like the ultra-religious-right-wing talking

I do not understand why people need to feel the comfort of feeling that there is something that made us. I am really happy and kind and do not need any of this. I see the world with open eyes, no need of myths and fantastic creatures.

I've lived 38 years as an atheist, and I turn 53 in November. When does that "despair" kick in, again?

etc etc

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

what a revelation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv3TFg9SJb4

What a load of lies.

No need for me or anyone else to comment on this. The comments are already there.

YT comments wrote:

Basically, you're saying that people who don't believe in an after life are plagued by "constant fear... just a life full depression that will lead to drugs, alcohol, sex, and suicide." First, it's false that non-belief in the afterlife leads to suicide. Second, do you really think that nothing you do in your life matters if you don't live forever? I would suggest looking at Qualiasoup's video titled "Why Live?" which gives some reasons for why life is worth living without an afterlife.

I guess telling people that atheists are depressed social Darwinists may make your congregation afraid to question the lies you are telling them, but not convince non believers that someone who lies for a living should be trusted

One of the things that turned me from a 40 year committed Christian to Atheist were the dishonest lies of people like Driscoll who say atheists believe in social Darwinism, or that our society should just be survival of the fittest. Just because you accept the scientific evidence for how species have adapted to selection pressures over time says nothing about what is the best way to try and live a meaningful life.

You live in constant fear of hell and wether you deserve heaven, I have never feared death at all for the simple reason that I know it is an end; total, complete and equal for all. It just makes me love and enjoy this life all the more. It makes me seek out knowledge, makes me want to help others enjoy this life they share with me, I hope I do well, I hope my family lasts forever, the foundations of dispair support a mighty big hall of achievement and a fire of hope and creativity.

I also choose to believe that I have no millionaire great uncle that will remember me in his will and secure me financially for the rest of my life. I believe this, because it happens to be true, so far as I know. My atheism is similar. There is no constant fear, no depression necessary. That only seems that way to someone weaned on ideas of eternity terrified to lose them.

"Might makes right; only the fittest survive." Sounds more like the ultra-religious-right-wing talking

I do not understand why people need to feel the comfort of feeling that there is something that made us. I am really happy and kind and do not need any of this. I see the world with open eyes, no need of myths and fantastic creatures.

I've lived 38 years as an atheist, and I turn 53 in November. When does that "despair" kick in, again?

etc etc

It was not Driscoll that said these things, but rather he quoted YOUR god, Richard Dawkins.......

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

It was not Driscoll that said these things, but rather he quoted YOUR god, Richard Dawkins.......

Uhm, the comments address what he said, his false interpretation of the dawkins (he's a god ? That's news to me) quote. But it's nice to see you realize Driscoll was lying. We're making progress.

Read the comments.

Realize your mistake.

Shall I quote some more of them ? 

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Uhm, the comments address what he said, his false interpretation of the dawkins (he's a god ? That's news to me) quote. But it's nice to see you realize Driscoll was lying. We're making progress.

Read the comments.

Realize your mistake.

Shall I quote some more of them ? 

I never said Driscoll was lying.  Driscoll has never done anything but preach absolute truth.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:   I

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I never said Driscoll was lying.  Driscoll has never done anything but preach absolute truth.

His claim is that atheism leads to depression.

That is a simple, bald faced lie.

Was there anything else ?

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

His claim is that atheism leads to depression.

That is a simple, bald faced lie.

Was there anything else ?

Before I knew our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I was extremely depressed.  What was my mom's answer? Well it sure wasn't Jesus...It was pills....down the road when I finally met the Lord, depression lifted.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Before I knew our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I was extremely depressed.  What was my mom's answer? Well it sure wasn't Jesus...It was pills....down the road when I finally met the Lord, depression lifted.

My mother is fundamentalist christian with a severe depression who refused to take her medication. She thought her strong belief and prayer would see her through. She tried to take her own life on 2 separate occasions. I saved her life, twice.

As a result of having beeen a primary caregiver to a severely depressed person since I was 11, I know more about depression than Driscol ever will. He was lying. Faith is not a factor. Sorry.

Like I said, anything else ? 

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

double post

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

My mother is fundamentalist christian with a severe depression who refused to take her medication. She thought her strong belief and prayer would see her through. She tried to take her own life on 2 separate occasions. I saved her life, twice.

As a result of having beeen a primary caregiver to a severely depressed person since I was 11, I know more about depression than Driscol ever will. He was lying. Faith is not a factor. Sorry.

Like I said, anything else ? 

Faith is a major factor, however fundamentalism plays a factor in depression too.  I used to be in a fundamental pentecostal church before i started going to Harvest.  Fundamentalism is selfish, egotystical, and wrong.  Every single one of my fundamentalist friends rejected me upon my courtship of my wife.  True relationship to Christ is what brings one through, not "church rules"

Funny....a religiously fundamentalist christian, and a religiously fundamental atheist

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:If TW

Anonymouse wrote:

If TW doesn't mind, I'd be interested to see that.

Well, if he doesn't respond within a week, I'm going to post it whether he likes it not. While I do hope he doesn't mind, I'm getting really sick of him ignoring anything I ask/send him.

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I never

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

His claim is that atheism leads to depression. That is a simple, bald faced lie.

So, JLY, you believe the claim "atheism leads to depression" is "absolute truth"?  If you don't, you lied. If you do, you're severely deluded.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
blacklight915

blacklight915 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

His claim is that atheism leads to depression. That is a simple, bald faced lie.

So, JLY, you believe the claim "atheism leads to depression" is "absolute truth"?  If you don't, you lied. If you do, you're severely deluded.

you atheists can't distinguish the difference between an lie and an opinion.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Faith is

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Faith is a major factor,

It's a factor in that it can keep people from getting the right treatment.

Having faith, however, is not a factor in curing depression of any variety. A short visit to any psychiatric clinic will make that clear to anyone.

Or you could have a talk with one of our christian members suffering from bipolar. He should stop taking his pills and pray harder ? 

JesusLovesYou wrote:
however fundamentalism plays a factor in depression too.

Nope, it doesn't. I am merely mentioning the fact that it can't protect you from, or cure a depression.

No variety of faith can do that. 

JesusLovesYou wrote:
  I used to be in a fundamental pentecostal church before i started going to Harvest.  Fundamentalism is selfish, egotystical, and wrong.

You're on the right path. Keep going.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Every single one of my fundamentalist friends rejected me upon my courtship of my wife.

My boyfriend is a christian. Not a single one of my atheist friends rejected me for it. 

What was that again you said about "fundamentalist atheism" ? It was something funny.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
True relationship to Christ is what brings one through, not "church rules"

And this is different from a fundie's rationalizations how exactly ? 

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Funny....a religiously fundamentalist christian, and a religiously fundamental atheist

Yeah, being the only person in your family actively trying to keep your mom from killing herself. Hilarious.

Driscol lied . End of story.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:you

JesusLovesYou wrote:

you atheists can't distinguish the difference between an lie and an opinion.

He's presenting it as truth. He's lying.