Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll accept that criticism

I'll accept that criticism on the grounds that yeah, I and others I've met that self-describe as "conservative" or are right-wing in general tend to think readily in terms of what I would could "thinking along the path of least resistance"; they use thinking derived from intuiting their knowledge. Some -like much of the left side of politics, unfortunately- derive much of outlook of the world directly from their passions and prejudices. Fault of the species, I suppose, but my passions dictate that I pride myself on how rational I am and how utilitarian my reasoning ultimately is.

How willing a person is to analyze and critically think to solve problems aside, I'm willing to bet both left and right wing is equally afflicted with demagogues in the states.

And yes, I'm back for a few days again.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
the sky is also blue.

the sky is also blue.

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I believe most Americans

I believe most Americans are probably not aware that their left wing party is still more right wing than most first world countries' right wing parties.

We currently have a right wing party in government (The Conservatives), which is more right wing than most of Europe. But still more left wing than Obama..

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/walterellis/100142115/there-is-no-proper-left-in-american-politics-even-obama-is-more-right-wing...

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:the sky is also

iwbiek wrote:

the sky is also blue.

This. 

Hi ya East Kentucky 

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eloise wrote:iwbiek

Eloise wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

the sky is also blue.

This. 

Hi ya East Kentucky 

holy freaking shit, el is back from the void!  missed you terribly, hope you stick around!  yaaay! 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson