Wah I'm a dumb bitch

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Wah I'm a dumb bitch

Hello,

I wrote a thread on TG Baker's death last year and how upon his death he instantly woke up in hell in perpetual pain and torture

I'm assuming somebody, I won't say any names like Sapient or anybody censored me lol. I thought atheists are into that kind of thing.

Basically what happen is that the conscience of the pagan and the wicked evil pagans on this site had a personal nerve via Romans 1:18.

Anyway, hypocrisy once again at its highest in the allies of the filthy and the death of all thought, all life, and all civilization.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I can still see the topic

I can still see the topic dumbass it's in your posting history.

 

 

 


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Jean Comments As The World

Jean Comments As The World Turns™!

 

Will the saga ever end? We may never know!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
hello

hello,

So if i made a mistake, okay, but I cannot find it in the recent posts pages. So what's that about?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
hello

hello,

So if i made a mistake, okay, but I cannot find it in the recent posts pages. So what's that about?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
You CANT buy this kinda entertainment!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

Show me where I'm wrong. However, I was absolutely right about the filthy vile scum of thought born in the minds of the atheist.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Keep talking... maybe you'll

Keep talking... maybe you'll get it right.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:hello,So

Jean Chauvin wrote:

hello,

So if i made a mistake, okay, but I cannot find it in the recent posts pages. So what's that about?

Piece of shit threads are moved to trollville.  When threads are moved to trollville they no longer show up in recent posts.

Here's your piece of shit thread asshole: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31563

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Piece of shit

Sapient wrote:
Piece of shit threads are moved to trollville.  When threads are moved to trollville they no longer show up in recent posts.

Here's your piece of shit thread asshole: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31563

Uh, yeah... I'll take "explaining basic morality to complete tools" for $9001

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10593
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

I wrote a thread on TG Baker's death last year and how upon his death he instantly woke up in hell in perpetual pain and torture

I'm assuming somebody, I won't say any names like Sapient or anybody censored me lol. I thought atheists are into that kind of thing.

Basically what happen is that the conscience of the pagan and the wicked evil pagans on this site had a personal nerve via Romans 1:18.

Anyway, hypocrisy once again at its highest in the allies of the filthy and the death of all thought, all life, and all civilization.

Respectfully, Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

*Yawn*

Ya know, people like you make me wish your god was real, so that when you die you go directly to hell.
I'll settle for the end result of a forgotten loser who contributed nothing to life on earth, being laughed at by generations of people who are too smart to be able to comprehend the idea that there was once a time when people actually believed in invisible friends.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
 Jeannine,Do you at least

 Jeannine,

Do you at least clean your keyboard after you're through fantasizing about us burning in hell?

It's a shame there's not a hell for you and your God to go to.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hello,I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

I wrote a thread on TG Baker's death last year and how upon his death he instantly woke up in hell in perpetual pain and torture

I'm assuming somebody, I won't say any names like Sapient or anybody censored me lol. I thought atheists are into that kind of thing.

Basically what happen is that the conscience of the pagan and the wicked evil pagans on this site had a personal nerve via Romans 1:18.

Anyway, hypocrisy once again at its highest in the allies of the filthy and the death of all thought, all life, and all civilization.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I am quite sure that TG does not have a burning "spirit" and has no capability of listening to your childish "AH HA  BURN IN HELL MOTHERFUCKER" bullshit.

In fact, when I die, if you want to piss on a picture of  but if you were to buy one and piss on it or burn it. I'LL BE DEAD, and wont be alive to care. I am going to have my body donated to science and organ doaner, so there wont be anything left for you to piss on. But even if you did piss on my dead body, I'LL BE DEAD DUMBASS! You're the fucking idiot who keeps hitting the pinball button after the third ball has gone beyond the bumpers.

What wont happen is your stupid Santa promising presents vs threatening coal in my stocking.

The only people you might piss off when I die are the people who survive me and value me. And I would tell them, as long as you are not breaking the law, you are allowed to be a fucking prick.

You have nothing jackass. TG is dead, and we know while he was alive he had much more fucking sense than you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3625
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:hello,So

Jean Chauvin wrote:

hello,

So if i made a mistake, okay, but I cannot find it in the recent posts pages. So what's that about?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

     I bet you were attacked by an EVIL DEMON   from HELL who sought to confuse  you in front of your atheist adversaries just to make you look stupid.

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

So I was right. The things that make you feel sad you categorize as troll based on an emotional reaction. okay, great. And then you change the thread topic. So Sapient did censor my thread and is absolutely a hypocritical filthy atheist.

But what do you expect? Logically if you refuse Christ, you accept hell.

Then when one of your own dies, I simply say the same thing and apply what I've been saying all along to a real life incident.

Since this causes you to have an emotional reaction, you put it in the category of troll. lol.

I must have struck a nerve with Sapient. Him censoring the thread is a demonstration of the Imago Dei conviction as seen in Romans 1:18.

TG Baker is in hell, Sapient is very emotional and now throws the ad hominems of troll at me, and finally, I just can't stop smiling,

Sapient, you will see your buddy soon you know this. Here's the issue, either accept Christ or go to hell.

 

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4475
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Sapient,

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Sapient, you will see your buddy soon you know this. Here's the issue, either accept Christ or go to hell.

 

Hmmm.... spend eternity talking to TG, drinking Dewars and checking out strippers or spend it with Jean circle jerking with Jesus.... pretty easy choice for me. 

 

Respectfully,

Beyond Saving.

I just usually go with my own taste. If I like something, and it happens to be against the law, well, then I might have a problem.- Hunter S. Thompson


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello Pagan

Hi Pagan,

You tell you the fairy tale myth similar to the belief of santa clause that hell is a party so again to ease the trauma of what you already know and to suppress it.

But you know that it is not a party, and soon, you will know empirically.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Au contraire

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:

 

and soon, you will know empirically.

 

 

As spirits without ion channels or brains to perceive their signals we'll be completely oblivious. And stop appealing to empiricism. We know you don't 'believe in it'.  

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Extremeist

Hello,

Again I see you have no clue of Biblical knowledge. In hell you will not be a floating spirit but you will have your body. While I will have a new body with no disease and perfect health, you will have a body of unlimited amounts of disease and astonishing torture. Thus, logically you will have your synaptic connections one can infer to infer all your pain.

The torture is so evil and ruthless, we as humans cannot even understand fully the kind of astonishment you will endure. The Bible uses figures of speech but there's a rule in hermeneutics that the reality of the figure is much greater then the mataphor.

Respectfully,
 

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:

 

we as humans cannot even understand fully the kind of astonishment you will endure.

 

 

I'm already enduring astonishment I, as a human, cannot fully understand. 

You're a person who has never really experienced physical pain, aren't you Jean?

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10593
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Poor jean, making a fool of

Poor jean, making a fool of himself everywhere he goes. I'd love to be there the day he gets it and breaks down into a pathetic, quivering, mess of shame.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
 Jean, your Rook Hawkins

 Jean, your Rook Hawkins thread was moved from Kill em with Kindness and put in trollville.  Don't ever create a thread in kill em with kindness again.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Sapient

Sapient,

My ad hominem friend. I was reading some old posts and saw Rook in some of the early days. What happen to him? Is he still involved with RRS or what? You're the only person who is on "staff" lol with RRS that really responds but all else is silent.  Why is this?

Just curious my emotional friend.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Sapient,

My ad hominem friend. I was reading some old posts and saw Rook in some of the early days. What happen to him? Is he still involved with RRS or what? You're the only person who is on "staff" lol with RRS that really responds but all else is silent.  Why is this?

Just curious my emotional friend.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

As far as I know, Jeannine, Rook is still not a god-botherer.

You do know that people have lives out side of this forum, right? Well...OK ... maybe you don't have a life outside of RRS.

Can't wait for you to start responding rationally.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
People like Jean are so

People like Jean are so fucking delusional.

"Jesus's daddy/himself, is going to fry you forever, or have his minion Satan do it"

This idiot doesn't, or ever will understand that what he is doing is like threatening us with Lex Luthor or Mickey Mouse.

Why, even if someone believes in a god of any sort, would anyone want to worship such a vengeful bully?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10593
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Jean would do very well on

Jean would do very well on 4chan, where the average intellect is low and the average aggression is high, resulting in easy trolling. Here he just looks stupid. Eye-wink

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Sapient,

My ad hominem friend. I was reading some old posts and saw Rook in some of the early days. What happen to him? Is he still involved with RRS or what? You're the only person who is on "staff" lol with RRS that really responds but all else is silent.  Why is this?

      Ruth and Naomi 

"Ruth! Oprah! Come here." 

"For the thousandth time, Mama, it's Orpah!" 

"Orpah, Oprah, whatever. Listen girls – we need to chat. Now that all the menfolk are dead, there's not much point in you two hanging around. You're still young and hot enough to find new husbands.. But my loins are dried up. Don't waste your time with a old bag like me. I'm going back to Judah."

"Naomi, don't say that. You're still a very...attractive woman."

Ruth raised her eyes, following the supple lines of her mother-in-law's thigh beneath her robe, up to her ample breasts and her luxuriant hair falling atop her shoulders.

Though well into her forties, Naomi was still a looker. Ruth fought to keep the lustful gleam out of her eye. She and Orpah had married this woman's sons, but in fact Ruth had always secretly fantasized about the seductive older woman.  "Hush. No arguments. I have to get packing," said Naomi. "Give us a kiss and catch the next caravan out of this dust hole, while you still can." 

"OK. Bye, Mama." Orpah gave her mother in law a quick peck on the cheek and wasted no time in making her getaway.  "Don't let the tent flap hit you on the way out," Naomi muttered. "Good riddance." 

Ruth approached Naomi, who did the too-hot-for-tv thing with Ruth's head.  "Mmmmm," Ruth purred, licking the censor-worthy details off her face.

"Your loins don't seem so dry to me."

I would be more forth-coming on details, but that would send I-dont-know-how-many midwesterners and "traditional family values" groups up in arms. You know... idiots like yourself, Jean.

 

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1531
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Trolls deserve to be answered too

re:: Trolls deserve to be answered too

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Sapient,

My ad hominem friend. I was reading some old posts and saw Rook in some of the early days. What happen to him? Is he still involved with RRS or what? You're the only person who is on "staff" lol with RRS that really responds but all else is silent.  Why is this?

Just curious my emotional friend.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

  Jean I had to find this via google the seachengine What?  You are Welcome

Quote:
. . on "Rook" it took it s toll on us (RRS) all Slowly Rook grew apart from the idea of working on a mission under an RRS banner He gravitated towards schooling in part because he was tired of being told he didn t have a degree A degree doesn t make an idea better I would have liked to work alongside of Rook for many years Rook left the Rational Response Squad in 2008 and started using his real name Since then he has studied history officially and changed his positions on several beliefs he had when he was a show host and writer on the Rational Response Squad website The most notable change of position is his stance on Jesus mythicism As a Rational Responder he created a campaign for Jesus Mythicism Since then he has stated mythicism is close to an end He was an atheist as a Rational Responder but has since expressed a deistic viewpoint Some have suggested that some of these beliefs were adopted in order to fit in with a group of historians Honestly I don t know what he s thinking His flip flop might seem like a point that Christians would cling to in hopes to bolster their position Such thinking is flawed heavily of course His current views are not better because they are newer or more refined or informed ..


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1531
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Trolls deserve to be answered too

 SuperTROLLs, not knowing so I erred on the side of  politeness


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Fork Lady

Hey Fork Lady,

Thanks a lot, that's fantastic news. Rook is coming around and starting to understand logic very very slowly. He may be one of God's elect but has yet to be regenerated.

Now I am started to understand the emotinal outbursts and reactions and the ad hominen name calling (troll). That's a lot of fun.

He's a Deist now but I'll be in prayer for Rook that God regenerates his nature so He can understand the logic and search he is pursueing.

In the Words of Sapient, "You sunk my battleship."

Boo ya, thanks again fork girl.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
jcgadfly wrote:Jean Chauvin

jcgadfly wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Sapient,

My ad hominem friend. I was reading some old posts and saw Rook in some of the early days. What happen to him? Is he still involved with RRS or what? You're the only person who is on "staff" lol with RRS that really responds but all else is silent.  Why is this?

Just curious my emotional friend.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

As far as I know, Jeannine, Rook is still not a god-botherer.

You do know that people have lives out side of this forum, right? Well...OK ... maybe you don't have a life outside of RRS.

Can't wait for you to start responding rationally.

The universe will suffer heat death before that happens.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10593
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Fork lady? Rofl. You can do

Fork lady? Rofl. You can do better than that jean. Where the heck did you even come up with that? Whenever I look at danatemporary's pic, my first thought is Lulu from the game Final Fantasy X. Now I'm sure you wouldn't touch a fantasy related game unless you were about to burn it (possibly you wouldn't touch any game unless you were about to burn it..), so I wouldn't expect you to have the same reaction...
But how in the name of all things do you get "fork lady" from her picture?!

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey Fork

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Fork Lady,

Thanks a lot, that's fantastic news. Rook is coming around and starting to understand logic very very slowly. He may be one of God's elect but has yet to be regenerated.

Now I am started to understand the emotinal outbursts and reactions and the ad hominen name calling (troll). That's a lot of fun.

He's a Deist now but I'll be in prayer for Rook that God regenerates his nature so He can understand the logic and search he is pursueing.

In the Words of Sapient, "You sunk my battleship."

Boo ya, thanks again fork girl.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

If your prayers would make rook a prick like you...please, don't pray for him.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
jcgadfly wrote:Jean Chauvin

jcgadfly wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Fork Lady,

Thanks a lot, that's fantastic news. Rook is coming around and starting to understand logic very very slowly. He may be one of God's elect but has yet to be regenerated.

Now I am started to understand the emotinal outbursts and reactions and the ad hominen name calling (troll). That's a lot of fun.

He's a Deist now but I'll be in prayer for Rook that God regenerates his nature so He can understand the logic and search he is pursueing.

In the Words of Sapient, "You sunk my battleship."

Boo ya, thanks again fork girl.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

If your prayers would make rook a prick like you...please, don't pray for him.

Thanks and agreed. All Rook proves is that people can and do backslide, but I am damned sure he wont become a prick like Jean. We certainly do not understand his change of mind. I would suspect it is merely human psychology in that somewhere along the line there was a sudden EMOTIONAL JOLT, either out fear or out of sense of awe that was so intense he couldn't explain it. Or maybe he was tired of what he thought was "meanness" on the part of some atheists.

But in no way, even with Rook's personal beliefs does that prove anything other than people switch positions. Just like a Christian can become a Muslim or a Muslim can become a Christian. Or a Jew can become an atheist.

Rook has as much evidence for his position as any other person who claims a non material being. Pawning it off on a "generic" "something" wont make a non material being real.

None of us here hate Rook for his switch and all of us wish him well. But a change of position does not give someone a pass. And I am sure Rook would never become a prick like Jean.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Fork lady?

Vastet wrote:
Fork lady? Rofl. You can do better than that jean. Where the heck did you even come up with that? Whenever I look at danatemporary's pic, my first thought is Lulu from the game Final Fantasy X. Now I'm sure you wouldn't touch a fantasy related game unless you were about to burn it (possibly you wouldn't touch any game unless you were about to burn it..), so I wouldn't expect you to have the same reaction... But how in the name of all things do you get "fork lady" from her picture?!

 

Another words... it's some cosplayer, as anyone can see by dropping Dana's avatar into the 'drop box' at google images.

OBTW... what's this I read about "Vectorman Photon trophies"?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10593
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Lol. That was ages ago. A

Lol. That was ages ago. A necessary step in getting the platinum for The Sega Genesis Collection. Tbh, I bought the collection soley for Shining Force 1 & 2. Everything else was a bonus, good or bad.
Shinobi sure brought a lot of 80's arcade memories back though.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


The Theist
TheistardTroll
The Theist's picture
Posts: 217
Joined: 2012-03-09
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Show me where I'm wrong. However, I was absolutely right about the filthy vile scum of thought born in the minds of the atheist.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Where are you wrong? How about the part about hell, you ignorant intellectual quasi Xian?  Hell is a pagan myth for idiots like you who think they are superior to anyone else. That's where you are wrong.


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Just like a

Brian37 wrote:
Just like a Christian can become a Muslim or a Muslim can become a Christian. Or a Jew can become an atheist.

What's wrong with a Jew becoming an Atheist?  There is no "You must believe in G-d or else" commandment in Judaism.

Some of my best friends are Jewish atheists.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3310
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Brian37

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
Just like a Christian can become a Muslim or a Muslim can become a Christian. Or a Jew can become an atheist.

What's wrong with a Jew becoming an Atheist?  There is no "You must believe in G-d or else" commandment in Judaism.

Some of my best friends are Jewish atheists.

Which leads me to another question. Exactly how does one classify themselves as a Jewish Atheist ? Unless I am misunderstanding the terminology or meaning, it sounds like saying "christian atheist" for example. Maybe I am getting this all wrong because I know very little about Judaism. 

My whole neighborhood growing up in North New Jersey was comprised of Italians, Irish and Jews. ( I'm an Italian/ Irish mix myself). But everyone was either Catholic or Jewish. I went to school with alot of Jewish kids and had friends amongst them, but knew very little about the actual faith itself. Some practiced the strict method of walking to synagogue on the Sabbath day ( Saturday) and could not be reached from Friday evening until Sunday. But that is about all that I know. I DID know some that leaned more towards the secular life ( i.e. no synagogues, no hasidic practices, etc.) But it seems to me that a lot of the Jewish people that I have encountered over the years are a lot more accepting of my atheism than my own former religion could ever be. 

Of course, I live in the Bible Belt these days, and it is predominantly Baptists everywhere. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
Just like a Christian can become a Muslim or a Muslim can become a Christian. Or a Jew can become an atheist.

What's wrong with a Jew becoming an Atheist?  There is no "You must believe in G-d or else" commandment in Judaism.

Some of my best friends are Jewish atheists.

Which leads me to another question. Exactly how does one classify themselves as a Jewish Atheist ? Unless I am misunderstanding the terminology or meaning, it sounds like saying "christian atheist" for example. Maybe I am getting this all wrong because I know very little about Judaism.

Because Judaism isn't just a "religion" and there is no "You must believe in G-d, or else!" commandment.

For example, Jewish prayer isn't like Christian prayer.  I don't pray as a way to get out of the giant financial hole I'm in, I pray because it centers me in a metaphysical sense and allows me to more clearly deal with the giant financial hole I'm in.

Oh, crap -- trash trucks are running today.  I'll add more after I race out and deal with that.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3310
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote: Oh,

FurryCatHerder wrote:

 


Oh, crap -- trash trucks are running today.  I'll add more after I race out and deal with that.

 

Please do. I would like to know more. I had a jewish friend tell me that jews don't believe in heaven or hell, but something I read on the Internet seemed to say otherwise ? Not sure.  How would a jewish prayer work ? 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Oh, crap -- trash trucks are running today.  I'll add more after I race out and deal with that.

Please do. I would like to know more. I had a jewish friend tell me that jews don't believe in heaven or hell, but something I read on the Internet seemed to say otherwise ? Not sure.  How would a jewish prayer work ? 

I tried to edit the previous post, but it was already uneditable ...

"Tefillah" (prayer, more or less) is more like "spiritual meditation" than "Please send me goodies from heaven!"  It's more about noticing that we already have lots of goodies from Heaven, and thanking G-d for creating the entire Universe.

There is no official "Heaven" or "Hell" in Judaism.  If Heaven exists, great.  But I'm not a Jew so I can get into Heaven or stay out of Hell (not that I believe in Hell).  If Heaven exists, Judaism says you're just as likely to get there as me.  In Christian terms, Judaism is all about "Works" and not at all about "Faith".  Be a mensch, go to Heaven.  Assuming it even exists.  Have some Wikipedia about what Judaism says you have to be to be a "good person" --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch

You'll note that "belief in G-d" isn't mentioned.

So, if you can't believe in G-d, at least you can believe in being a mensch.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1531
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Word usage ... the term "Pagan" ?

The Theist wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hello,

Show me where I'm wrong.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Where are you wrong?  ..  Hell is a pagan myth for idiots like you who think they are superior to anyone else. That's where you are wrong.

 

 The term  Pagan  ..

Forgive the cut-en-paste:

"World History  : In  the (ancient) Roman Empire's 'Pax Romana', a person living in a rural area or village was called paganus, a word derived from the Latin noun pagus, meaning "village, district." In time paganus came to refer to a civilian as opposed to a soldier. When Christianity became generally accepted in the towns and cities of the empire, paganus was used to refer to a villager who continued to worship old gods"   The Theist 's use of the term I understand, it is easily understood. Nice,. Maybe it is only natural in not immediately knowing what is meant by a word. In general, with Jean, it is not always so clear, (even instances of a lack of category distinctions).  Dont know if anybody noticed JeffreyAlex and ProzacdeathWish exchanges about struggling to define the meaning of the word 'god' ?  

 

*

 

 


The Theist
TheistardTroll
The Theist's picture
Posts: 217
Joined: 2012-03-09
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: The

danatemporary wrote:
The term  Pagan  ..

Forgive the cut-en-paste:

"World History  : In  the (ancient) Roman Empire's 'Pax Romana', a person living in a rural area or village was called paganus, a word derived from the Latin noun pagus, meaning "village, district." In time paganus came to refer to a civilian as opposed to a soldier. When Christianity became generally accepted in the towns and cities of the empire, paganus was used to refer to a villager who continued to worship old gods"   The Theist 's use of the term I understand, it is easily understood. Nice,. Maybe it is only natural in not immediately knowing what is meant by a word. In general, with Jean, it is not always so clear, (even instances of a lack of category distinctions).  Dont know if anybody noticed JeffreyAlex and ProzacdeathWish exchanges about struggling to define the meaning of the word 'god' ?

 

Yeah, the villages and the countryside were the last to receive Christianity. Those outside of the urban areas. So, by extension, the term pagan means anyone outside of a particular group. To the Romans the early Christians were pagan and to the Christians they were pagans. So, there is much of pagan practices in the Bible that are not a bad thing because they are not associated with the worship of other Gods. When the Jews were in Babylonian captivity they adopted pagan names (See Daniel and his companions, for example) and in Jesus' time they did the same thing. Saul became Paul, Yeshua became Jesus, Simon becomes Peter. Other pagan practices adopted by Christians are wind chimes, tombstones, wedding rings and baptism. A baptism was a public declaration. 

Pagan influence only becomes a problem when it conflicts with Biblical teaching. For example, hell, the trinity, immortal soul, Christmas, Easter and even the later rapture.

As far as the struggle to define the meaning of the word god, I've all but given up with atheists. I have to accept that to the atheist, it is limited to a supernatural being, creator god. THE God of the Bible.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3310
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
The Theist wrote: As far as

The Theist wrote:

 

As far as the struggle to define the meaning of the word god, I've all but given up with atheists. I have to accept that to the atheist, it is limited to a supernatural being, creator god. THE God of the Bible.

How would you define god ? What does the word god mean to you ? How did you come to these conclusions ? 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


The Theist
TheistardTroll
The Theist's picture
Posts: 217
Joined: 2012-03-09
User is offlineOffline
Message deleted by The Theist

Message deleted by The Theist


 


tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
Posts: 482
Joined: 2012-02-14
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:The

harleysportster wrote:

The Theist wrote:

 

As far as the struggle to define the meaning of the word god, I've all but given up with atheists. I have to accept that to the atheist, it is limited to a supernatural being, creator god. THE God of the Bible.

How would you define god ? What does the word god mean to you ? How did you come to these conclusions ? 

 

Oh Harley, you have no idea what you have done.  If only I could have snatched your keypad away from you in time.

The last time this happened it went on for 2 threads, 197 posts, and some of the worse discussions humanity has ever offered up. I still have teeth marks from where I tried to take a big bite out of my arm  Very Sad

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia


The Theist
TheistardTroll
The Theist's picture
Posts: 217
Joined: 2012-03-09
User is offlineOffline
Message deleted by The Theist

Message deleted by The Theist


 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3310
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:  Oh

tonyjeffers wrote:

 

 

Oh Harley, you have no idea what you have done.  If only I could have snatched your keypad away from you in time.

The last time this happened it went on for 2 threads, 197 posts, and some of the worse discussions humanity has ever offered up. I still have teeth marks from where I tried to take a big bite out of my arm  Very Sad

 

That bad eh ? 

I must have missed the last one. I have been on here since October of 2010, but was away for a long time when I had my motorcycle injury. 

The neverending thread that I remember, when I first joined and had already been going on for a couple of years, was "It Works for Me" by Fonzie. 

It looks like that one might have finally died. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I must

harleysportster wrote:

I must have missed the last one. I have been on here since October of 2010, but was away for a long time when I had my motorcycle injury.

You better NOT have injured a motorcycle.

G-d can't be defined.  To define G-d is to limit G-d.  To limit G-d is to deny that G-d is G-d.

That's all I have to say on the subject of G-d.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3310
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

I must have missed the last one. I have been on here since October of 2010, but was away for a long time when I had my motorcycle injury.

You better NOT have injured a motorcycle.

G-d can't be defined.  To define G-d is to limit G-d.  To limit G-d is to deny that G-d is G-d.

That's all I have to say on the subject of G-d.

 

Nope, the bike was repairable.  Smiling  Looks  as good as new. I would post a pic on here, but I have an ancient cellphone with no camera and haven't a clue as to how to use my girlfriend's digital camera nor do I know how to upload one to the internet. I am a whole lot more technologically challenged than I care to admit. 

In regards to the last couple of sentences, is that why you use the word g-d ? To demonstrate something that can not be defined ? Or is there another reason ? I've never seen that used before and was just wondering. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno