ok i need some help being pointed towards the right knowlege here

hbmbc30
hbmbc30's picture
Posts: 64
Joined: 2012-06-16
User is offlineOffline
ok i need some help being pointed towards the right knowlege here

ok ive been reading for a while about the supposid demonic possessions that require exorcisims, also paranormal activity, AND the supposid "stigmata" (where someone bears the scars of the cross) ok i would like to know if anyone else has heard that.. i think its convienient that only small groups of people in far far away countries go through it and why nobody has really heard about it... plus the demonic possesions and hauntings of homes...  anybody?  ive known about the supposid haunting, possesions, and stigmata for some time now and im just curious about it..


hbmbc30
hbmbc30's picture
Posts: 64
Joined: 2012-06-16
User is offlineOffline
gods plan etc..

also as a followup post id like to add that this past monday i was in SC with my father in law and he had a big heart attack and i saved his life by calling 911.. then i hear all ABOUT how god meant for me to be there and it was part of his plan and also the "god knows how your going to die" and "when he comes a knockin theres nothing you can do" im surrounded by devout christians to varying degree and i have nobody other than my wife who harbors some faith of a diety she leans toward the reformed jewish faith but i have only found this place to get my concerns out without fear of negative backlash from the fellow posters (other than that nutjob jean of course)    also i would like some feedback on this too...

Chris


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13254
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
hbmbc30 wrote:ok ive been

hbmbc30 wrote:

ok ive been reading for a while about the supposid demonic possessions that require exorcisims, also paranormal activity, AND the supposid "stigmata" (where someone bears the scars of the cross) ok i would like to know if anyone else has heard that.. i think its convienient that only small groups of people in far far away countries go through it and why nobody has really heard about it... plus the demonic possesions and hauntings of homes...  anybody?  ive known about the supposid haunting, possesions, and stigmata for some time now and im just curious about it..

What is to be curious about? Think about all the crap people claim that you reject outright. If you can accept that there is no Big Foot, if you can accept that vampires are not real, if you can accept that I can't fart a Lamborghini out of my ass, then simply chalk this up to bullshit people like believing.

It is human imagination, nothing more. It is why humans once believed the sun was a god, and why our species at one time thought the earth was flat. Never underestimate the credulity of humans.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3192
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
hbmbc30 wrote:ok ive been

hbmbc30 wrote:

ok ive been reading for a while about the supposid demonic possessions that require exorcisims, also paranormal activity, AND the supposid "stigmata" (where someone bears the scars of the cross) ok i would like to know if anyone else has heard that.. i think its convienient that only small groups of people in far far away countries go through it and why nobody has really heard about it... plus the demonic possesions and hauntings of homes...  anybody?  ive known about the supposid haunting, possesions, and stigmata for some time now and im just curious about it..

I have some links and such that explain that stuff away. Just don't have time to post them at the moment because I am on my way out the door and don't have them bookmarked. I'll get them to you later on.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
Posts: 480
Joined: 2012-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 The committee for

 The committee for skeptical inquiry.  Archives on left and you can type in search box and it will lead you to many articles and other places.    http://www.csicop.org/si/

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia


tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
Posts: 480
Joined: 2012-02-14
User is offlineOffline
hbmbc30 wrote:also as a

hbmbc30 wrote:

also as a followup post id like to add that this past monday i was in SC with my father in law and he had a big heart attack and i saved his life by calling 911.. then i hear all ABOUT how god meant for me to be there and it was part of his plan and also the "god knows how your going to die" and "when he comes a knockin theres nothing you can do" im surrounded by devout christians to varying degree and i have nobody other than my wife who harbors some faith of a diety she leans toward the reformed jewish faith but i have only found this place to get my concerns out without fear of negative backlash from the fellow posters (other than that nutjob jean of course)    also i would like some feedback on this too...

At this very moment I'm sure there is someone dieing of a heart attack and there is no one there to call 911.   If you would have been at a basketball game during the attack  and he died would they have said it was part of god's plan for you to go to the game? -Of course they would have to say yes if you threw that argument at them or their silly logic falls apart.  It's all quite ridiculous but they will stick with their bullshit no matter what because they are confused and afraid of reality.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1379
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
: )

tonyjeffers wrote:

 The committee for skeptical inquiry.  Archives on left and you can type in search box and it will lead you to many articles and other places.    http://www.csicop.org/si/

  And  Tony swoops in and saves the day


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5072
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Hi there

 

 

There's no evidence of the spirit world that is not the fevered product of human brains interpreting natural events and phenomenon they don't understand - anthropomorphising the events and lending them intent. All events that are perceived by a given consciousness as negative are ascribed to the forces of evil. I suffer from the argument from demons too - my family often say "well, it happens all the time in Africa". Fact is, the spirit world happens wherever there are no scientists to document it.

As for christians claiming god caused you to be there to save your old man, well, if there's an interventionist god, then he's a god who fails to intervene to save every disabled child, every starving child, every Amazonian sparrow in a falling tree and instead focuses all his attention on a guy in a first world country with widespread emergency services who has a quick thinking son with 3G coverage.

P.S. Hope your Dad's OK. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


hbmbc30
hbmbc30's picture
Posts: 64
Joined: 2012-06-16
User is offlineOffline
thats atheistextremist

thanks for the kind post script there.. yea ive read some links ive been sent and yea ive noticed that they are secluded areas of the world where theres not really any witnesses.. like that movie "the rite" was supposidly based on a true story.... see its funny how inconsistent the supposid miracles are and phonomenons are....  but thanks for the input

Chris