So why doesn't Israel wage war with Pakistan?

ragdish
atheist
ragdish's picture
User is offlineOffline
So why doesn't Israel wage war with Pakistan?

Been a while since I've posted. Let's spice things up by talking about Israel contemplating war with Iran before it becomes nuclear. Most Israelis don't even support such a move. The majority of Jews don't support this move. And if a nuclear Iran is an existential threat to Israel, why isn't the same description applied to Pakistan? Based on the logic of Israeli politicians, it seems that they should have more of a compelling case to attack Pakistan rather than Iran. Pakistan is considered to be the most dangerous nation on earth. It has nuclear weapons. The fractured government has many factions in the military and the intelligence some of which have ties to terrorist organizations. Pakistan harbored Bin Laden "unbeknownst" to the Zadari government. And yet not even a nostril hair sized amount of plutonium has left that country's premises in the guise of something subtle as a smuggled dirty bomb. Pakistan has not used its nuclear capabilities. Why? Because they know that they would be obliterated in retaliation from a country like Israel if it even covertly handed over a crude nuclear device to say Hamas or Hezbollah. So why should attitudes be different towards Iran. I submit that a nuclear Iran is no more (if not less) an existential threat than a nuclear Pakistan. Israel would royally fuck itself up if it waged a war against Iran. And get this. A senior Pakistani diplomat said his nation would retaliate against Israel if it chose to bomb Tehran.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Probably because Ahmadinejad

Probably because Ahmadinejad has said numerous times that he would "wipe Israel off the map", it is closer, and given its relative global political power the world community is likely to be less swift in coming to Israel's aid if Iran attacks them than if Pakistan was behind the attack. I don't think Israel will go to war with Iran, it would be suicidal without significant support from the US. But that isn't going to stop them from talking smack. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

I don't think Israel will go to war with Iran, it would be suicidal without significant support from the US. But that isn't going to stop them from talking smack. 

... that's the way it goes when you choose to live in a rough neighborhood.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jews never really had much

Jews never really had much of a love for Foreign Empires, save for the Anglo-Saxonic. Eye-wink

Is it possible US diplomats are urging Israel to raise the heat of their 'own' cognizance?

I mean... Israel does have the means, if not the will.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)