If you're in the Los Angeles area on March 3rd, beer is on me.

wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
If you're in the Los Angeles area on March 3rd, beer is on me.

March 3rd marks one of the greatest days in Muslim apostate history: Ataturk's abolishment of the Sunni Caliphate. Although I was not a Sunni prior to becoming an atheist, it's still a damn fine day of remembrance.

I want to share this bourgeoning holiday experience with any people here by purchasing them liquor. So let me know if any of you goddamn ex-Trinitarians are down.


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Hey man, long time no see. 

Hey man, long time no see.  I wish I was anywhere near there, the weather here sucks.  I will have a glass of wine and think of you though Smiling

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:Hey man, long

Ktulu wrote:

Hey man, long time no see.  I wish I was anywhere near there, the weather here sucks.  I will have a glass of wine and think of you though Smiling

 

Aww <3


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
I'm not in the area but

I'm not in the area but instead of buying me a beer how about hanging around here a little more often?  We missed you.

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:I'm not in the

Sapient wrote:

I'm not in the area but instead of buying me a beer how about hanging around here a little more often?  We missed you.

 

 

 

Goddamn, I'm a sucker for things like this. I guess I will. i lub u all 2

I've actually been officially disowned by the family, now. I don't think they had an issue with 'atheism' per se, but more with the fact that I wasn't going to entertain the dietary, ethical, and sexual conduct that goes along with Islam; as for most Muslims, for them it's an issue of culture and family cohesiveness. If any of you are from a family-oriented as opposed to individual-oriented culture, it's utterly and depressingly claustrophobic.

I'm lucky that I've never been very emotionally close to my family. Not sure why, but nothing ever clicked between us, so it's not terribly emotionally scarring, but it does make me wonder how people who *are* close with their family deal with that kind of rejection. It must be utterly devastating.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
wingless_sephiroth

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

I've actually been officially disowned by the family, now. 

Pshawww whatever we didn't disown you.  Eye-wink

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2402
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Yes

 

 

 

                   I'm with Ktulu, it'll be wine in memory of Ataturk and I'll tune in  "The Young Turks" youtube channel to boot. This should be a national holiday.

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
 Not sure if I can go up

 Not sure if I can go up for Saturday, but I can drink on my own in the OC.   I'd recommend hitting up Blue Palms in Hollywood though if you're searching for beer. 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wingless_sephiroth

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

March 3rd marks one of the greatest days in Muslim apostate history: Ataturk's abolishment of the Sunni Caliphate. Although I was not a Sunni prior to becoming an atheist, it's still a damn fine day of remembrance.

I want to share this bourgeoning holiday experience with any people here by purchasing them liquor. So let me know if any of you goddamn ex-Trinitarians are down.

I love LA at least what I saw in the 90s. I wish I could met you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I love LA at

Brian37 wrote:

I love LA at least what I saw in the 90s. I wish I could met you.

We really need to consider all meeting at a prominent atheist convention sometime.

 

stuntgibbon wrote:

 Not sure if I can go up for Saturday, but I can drink on my own in the OC.   I'd recommend hitting up Blue Palms in Hollywood though if you're searching for beer. 

 

I live in Anaheim, Orange County. Tell me your bar of choice so I can grab you a beer! Laughing out loud


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wingless_sephiroth

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

Sapient wrote:

I'm not in the area but instead of buying me a beer how about hanging around here a little more often?  We missed you.

 

 

 

Goddamn, I'm a sucker for things like this. I guess I will. i lub u all 2

I've actually been officially disowned by the family, now. I don't think they had an issue with 'atheism' per se, but more with the fact that I wasn't going to entertain the dietary, ethical, and sexual conduct that goes along with Islam; as for most Muslims, for them it's an issue of culture and family cohesiveness. If any of you are from a family-oriented as opposed to individual-oriented culture, it's utterly and depressingly claustrophobic.

I'm lucky that I've never been very emotionally close to my family. Not sure why, but nothing ever clicked between us, so it's not terribly emotionally scarring, but it does make me wonder how people who *are* close with their family deal with that kind of rejection. It must be utterly devastating.

That fucking sucks. Ayaan Hersi Ali and you could talk. I cant talk to my brother, he is bat shit Christ nutty.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wingless_sephiroth

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I love LA at least what I saw in the 90s. I wish I could met you.

 

We really need to consider all meeting at a prominent atheist convention sometime.

 

stuntgibbon wrote:

 Not sure if I can go up for Saturday, but I can drink on my own in the OC.   I'd recommend hitting up Blue Palms in Hollywood though if you're searching for beer. 

 

I live in Anaheim, Orange County. Tell me your bar of choice so I can grab you a beer! Laughing out loud

Beer? I'd figure you for a fruit cocktail. SORRY! Couldn't resist. (Waits for rolled up newspaper or rotten tomatos.)

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4621
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
wingless_sephiroth

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

March 3rd marks one of the greatest days in Muslim apostate history: Ataturk's abolishment of the Sunni Caliphate. Although I was not a Sunni prior to becoming an atheist, it's still a damn fine day of remembrance.

I want to share this bourgeoning holiday experience with any people here by purchasing them liquor. So let me know if any of you goddamn ex-Trinitarians are down.

 

I'm on the wrong side of the country but I shall raise a glass or two in your direction.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I love LA at least what I saw in the 90s. I wish I could met you.

 

We really need to consider all meeting at a prominent atheist convention sometime.

 

stuntgibbon wrote:

 Not sure if I can go up for Saturday, but I can drink on my own in the OC.   I'd recommend hitting up Blue Palms in Hollywood though if you're searching for beer. 

Oh, you! *effeminate hand wave* 

I live in Anaheim, Orange County. Tell me your bar of choice so I can grab you a beer! Laughing out loud

Beer? I'd figure you for a fruit cocktail. SORRY! Couldn't resist. (Waits for rolled up newspaper or rotten tomatos.)


wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beer? I'd

Brian37 wrote:

Beer? I'd figure you for a fruit cocktail. SORRY! Couldn't resist. (Waits for rolled up newspaper or rotten tomatos.)

 

Oh, you! *effeminate hand gesture* 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wingless_sephiroth

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beer? I'd figure you for a fruit cocktail. SORRY! Couldn't resist. (Waits for rolled up newspaper or rotten tomatos.)

 

Oh, you! *effeminate hand gesture* 

I'm not saying you cant have one, but I thought that was a straight thing. I drink beer and you have a drink with an umbrella in it.

 

You know what would kill rednecks? If a NASCAR driver came out as gay. That would be so fucking cool. They could name their car the Pink Panther and the number could be 69.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I'm not saying

Brian37 wrote:

I'm not saying you cant have one, but I thought that was a straight thing. I drink beer and you have a drink with an umbrella in it.

 

You know what would kill rednecks? If a NASCAR driver came out as gay. That would be so fucking cool. They could name their car the Pink Panther and the number could be 69.

 

 

I don't have a single 'alcohol' preference, and don't understand people who do. If I want something that tastes good, I prefer a beer that is dark and European. If I want to get drunk, I just drink hard liquor straight, preferably Vodka or Arak. If I want a children's drink, I open a Corona and throw in a lime.

Also, light beers (Bud Light, Coors Light) are just terrible. I don't drink them at all. Fucking water, IMHO.

I'm waiting for a prominent openly gay NFL player, personally.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
wingless_sephiroth

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I'm not saying you cant have one, but I thought that was a straight thing. I drink beer and you have a drink with an umbrella in it.

 

You know what would kill rednecks? If a NASCAR driver came out as gay. That would be so fucking cool. They could name their car the Pink Panther and the number could be 69.

 

 

I don't have a single 'alcohol' preference, and don't understand people who do. If I want something that tastes good, I prefer a beer that is dark and European. If I want to get drunk, I just drink hard liquor straight, preferably Vodka or Arak. If I want a children's drink, I open a Corona and throw in a lime.

Also, light beers (Bud Light, Coors Light) are just terrible. I don't drink them at all. Fucking water, IMHO.

I'm waiting for a prominent openly gay NFL player, personally.

Actually I think there was a gay Redskin who died a while back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Smith_%28American_football%29

He was never open unfortunately during his career. But back then no one who was could be.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Wingless Dude

Hey Wingless,

You were a Muslim and then turned atheist. That's amazing you went from being an infidel to being aIslan infidel lol. One thing is that:

Terrorism is the Fruit

Islam is the Root.

All Muslims are terrorists. When I say all i mean consistent ones. To bad you're an atheist, I would have loved to have awaited your funeral at a ripe old age and to have buried you in pig skins, at least your penis anyways.

Islam is the pest of today. According to Genesis they are the people of the waste land, desert. They will all burn in hell

But what's funny is that Mohammad believed more woman would be in hell then men. You have to blow your nose with water to get satan out since he resides in your nostril at night. Mohammad shot water out of his fingers. and was a child molester marrying a 9 year old girl.

I have about 100 Korans. Some in Arabic some Yusuf Ali and some others. Every year on Mohammad's birthday, we make it a point to burn a Koran in our backyard and pray for God to bring His wrath on the people of the wasteland.

We pray that the military will send fighter jets over Mecca and bomb and vaporize the kaaba and destroy one of the worse evil religions known to man.

Allah is just a high demon, no wonder you became an atheist, only christianity gives meaning, but it seems you've been seared for hell before you were even born.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Wingless,

You were a Muslim and then turned atheist. That's amazing you went from being an infidel to being aIslan infidel lol. One thing is that:

Terrorism is the Fruit

Islam is the Root.

All Muslims are terrorists. When I say all i mean consistent ones. To bad you're an atheist, I would have loved to have awaited your funeral at a ripe old age and to have buried you in pig skins, at least your penis anyways.

Islam is the pest of today. According to Genesis they are the people of the waste land, desert. They will all burn in hell

But what's funny is that Mohammad believed more woman would be in hell then men. You have to blow your nose with water to get satan out since he resides in your nostril at night. Mohammad shot water out of his fingers. and was a child molester marrying a 9 year old girl.

I have about 100 Korans. Some in Arabic some Yusuf Ali and some others. Every year on Mohammad's birthday, we make it a point to burn a Koran in our backyard and pray for God to bring His wrath on the people of the wasteland.

We pray that the military will send fighter jets over Mecca and bomb and vaporize the kaaba and destroy one of the worse evil religions known to man.

Allah is just a high demon, no wonder you became an atheist, only christianity gives meaning, but it seems you've been seared for hell before you were even born.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

To those reading this, just to warn everyone a head of time, every time this twit posts, I am going to remind everyone that he blamed the Japanese Tsunami on America not sucking up to his god. A Tsunami that killed 13,000 people.

Unlike this jackass, while I do see religion as a claim and a concept divisive, and that most of the Middle East is still stuck in it's own dark ages, I do see individuals as such. Unlike this jackass, I may disagree with the concept of religion but know how to separate a person from a claim or position that person might hold.

I am quite sure there ARE plenty of Muslims that wish the middle east would catch up to the pluralism we have in the west if it were not for the governments they live under. But let Jean serve as an example of the hatred and bigotry the world needs less of.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Brian

Brian,

You really crack me up, I still stand by the logical of what Scripture says.

The way to end Middle Eastern Conflict is to send fighter jets over to bomb the kaaba and thus eliiminate Islame 100%. If we did it in WWII we can do it now.

Islam would then die of hopelessness and Israel can be restored again to the land that is rightfully theirs.

Do something important today, burn a koran. Mohammad was a snot nosed dirty perverted man and a child molester and he's burning in the most hottest spot in hell as we speak.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
 Sapient

 

Sapient wrote:

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

I've actually been officially disowned by the family, now. 

Pshawww whatever we didn't disown you.  Eye-wink 

Aww, I didn't see this. Thanks, it does mean a lot to hear that.

 

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Wingless,

You were a Muslim and then turned atheist. That's amazing you went from being an infidel to being aIslan infidel lol. One thing is that:

[...]

Islam is the pest of today. According to Genesis they are the people of the waste land, desert. They will all burn in hell

[...]

I have about 100 Korans. Some in Arabic some Yusuf Ali and some others. Every year on Mohammad's birthday, we make it a point to burn a Koran in our backyard and pray for God to bring His wrath on the people of the wasteland.

[...]

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Sorry, the quote was a bit long but I wanted to highlight the poe's abnormal use of the word "wasteland" a lot. Does anyone else play the Fallout series? I just beat Fallout: New Vegas a second time, this time under Caesar, while the first time was as an independent ruler of New Vegas. All the games in the series are simply fucking amazing, undeniably works of gaming art. I'm guessing whoever plays Jean Chauvin is into the series and the word is on the tip of his tongue; "The Wasteland" is that the in-game characters use to refer to their post-nuclear war world.

I know Jean is kinda annoying, but I've known Calvinists most of my adult life (which, admittedly, has only been four years). He really gets them down well, from the awkward use of English to praise the LORD of the Bible (I've never understood why they do it so awkwardly), to nailing various epistemological and theological stances of contemporary Calvinism. By far the best poe I've ever seen. I'm really looking forward to the guy who plays him either joining the forums or revealing who he really is on the forums.

Jean, if you could answer (in character), how do you feel about some Calvinists abandoning presuppositional apologetics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presuppositional_apologetics) in favour of evidential apologetics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidential_apologetics)? I started noticing this trend last year among some writers in the so-called "Young, Restless, Reformed" movement (http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/september/42.32.html).


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Wingless Dude

Hey,

The majority of your post was ad hominems lol. The reason why I'm annoying is because nobody has yet refuted me on anything.

But your last sentence was a good question so I'll answer.

The evidentalist like Sproul, Giesler, William Lane Craig adopt this thinking from Roman Catholicism, dominately by a guy named Thomas Aquinas. They are admittedly Tomist and as a result admit that their thinking of apologetics is based on Roman Catholic, not reformed ideas.

presuppositional thinking is found throughout the Reformation since 99% of all reformers were "Calvinist' conceptually speaking. In fact, Luther and Calvin met and agreed on 13 of 14 issues, the issue dispute not having anything to do with essentials at all.

But to be honest, most Calvinists are legalistic. I'm not. I drink beer, dance and even got in a fight a few times when I was forced to. I am more consistent to Luther then Calvin in my personality, but more closer to Calvin then Luther in my theology.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
Posts: 117
Joined: 2011-04-03
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey,The

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey,

The majority of your post was ad hominems lol. The reason why I'm annoying is because nobody has yet refuted me on anything.

But your last sentence was a good question so I'll answer.

The evidentalist like Sproul, Giesler, William Lane Craig adopt this thinking from Roman Catholicism, dominately by a guy named Thomas Aquinas. They are admittedly Tomist and as a result admit that their thinking of apologetics is based on Roman Catholic, not reformed ideas.

presuppositional thinking is found throughout the Reformation since 99% of all reformers were "Calvinist' conceptually speaking. In fact, Luther and Calvin met and agreed on 13 of 14 issues, the issue dispute not having anything to do with essentials at all.

But to be honest, most Calvinists are legalistic. I'm not. I drink beer, dance and even got in a fight a few times when I was forced to. I am more consistent to Luther then Calvin in my personality, but more closer to Calvin then Luther in my theology.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Don't you think it's unfair to regulate Thomas Aquinas' contributions to Western philosophy solely as the property of the Roman Catholics? Do his works have no value at all insomuch as Calvinist theology intersects with the greater Western tradition?

It's interesting you bring up Calvinist legalism. Most of my Calvinist friends are about my age and they are against legalism too, although, I have at least one Calvinist friend who believed in domionionism at one point.

You said that you've never been refuted, but from my time here I've seen many posts that have done exactly that. Now, I know I'm more than likely unsaved therefore God has damned me never to see the superior logic of your views (as per John Calvin), but still, I'd like a recap. I'm guessing at one point another, before becoming a poe, you *were* a Calvinist.

Let's put the dividing line between you, as a Reformed Christian, and "we" as secular humanists (with all the baggage that comes with that label; rationalism, empiricism, naturalism, and existentialism).

You presume the Biblical worldview. But why? Reformed Christians often say that we secular humanists presume that rationalism and empiricism (and possibly idealism), therefore are no better than Christians who presume the Bible. But, no human thought is possible without basic rational or empirical elements. We have simply chosen a bottom line that everything would deconstruct to; rational and empirical thought. And then naturalism is the byproduct of a worldview solely composed of rationalism and empiricism, with existentialism being an affirmation of the individuality of the human experience.

The presumption of the Bible is not the bottom line; you could go much further in deconstructing reality. Even to read or understand the Bible, you essentially depend upon rational and empirical foundations. Reading itself is the product of rationalism and empiricism; the presumption of your worldview could not exist without our worldview, meaning that we secular humanists depend on a much lower common denominator than you depending upon the Bible.

But, once again, I'm not as familiar with the rhetoric as I should be. I'd like to hear why presuming the Bible as truth is somehow more justified than we presuming rationalism and empiricism. My guess is that it's primary superiority is linked with the fact that those who believe it are saved and those who do not are damned.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Welcome home

 

 

Wingless. Good to see you. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Wingless Dude

Hello,

Aquinas synthesised Aristotelianism thinking into Christianity, thus blending paganism with christianity. His argues for God are logically unsound since It doesn't get you all the way you want to go. Aquinas was a pagan and was so fat they had to lower his circular desk over his body via a crane type tool.  I could write a book on Aquinas but bottomline,  He was a slob and a heretic.

Roman Geisler and Sproul are into Aquinas because they have comprised along the way. Sproul Sr. Personally told me to my face that he believes aquinas is in heaven.

Well that's great you're around calvinists that are not legalistic, they must be young. Majority of Reformed Churches are legalistic i am affiliated with F.I.R.E. as a result.

lol, no, i've never been refuted. You are correct, you are not given the gift of intelligence to understand logical argument and sound reasoning as a result (I Corinthains 1:14; 1:16).

So wait, you're a secular humanist? Because some atheists on this site hate humanists. lol. So then basically your religion of humanism since it is a religion according to both manifesto's I and II. Just clarifying.

Um, not all Humanists are Existialist or Rationalists or Empiricists. lol. Plus Rationalism capital R is catelogically antithetical to empiricism so if they are both, then they self refute themselves. So are you an Existialist? You've told me nothing of you except that you are of the religion of Humanism.

When you say rational empiricism? what does this mean? Are you saying empiricism is rational or are you blending to antithetical epistemological categories?

I have given my argument on countless occasions so I will only summerize for you how this works. God's Being and His Word are axioms. Thus the Theorums of Scripture demonstrate (not substantiate) via evidence what is to be expected. 

I have no idea what epistemology you hold to since logically you can't be both lol, However, it comes down to :

Faith and Reason

vs.

Reason or Faith (if that's what you are? ).

My argument is assumed because ALL first principles in logical are assumed similar to How Euclid assumed his first prinple in the paralelle 5th postulate.

Since God and the Bible are both axioms, they need not justification or proof, they are self evident which is demonstrable in the Imago Dei which each of us are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13757
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Aquinas didn't know shit

Aquinas didn't know shit about modern science and none of that elaborate tripe you posted above proves anything about invisible non material brains with magical super powers. Muslims point to pictures of Red Nebulas and quote the Koran. BIG WOOPTY DOO.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37