God and Satan: HUMANS?

BetterThanBuddha
User is offlineOffline
God and Satan: HUMANS?

I've thought about this for a while now, and I have come to the conclusion that GOD, the deity of mannnnnnyyyy religions, is a metaphor. A metaphor for what humans should be. what we can be. Satan, the lord of the DAMNED, is a metaphor as well. A metaphor for what humans are close to becoming, and what they can come to at any point of time. I would like some other views on this subject as well. 

My specs: Nine years in Catholic education, while I am not a Catholic. Lots of spare time.

-the Bible is a Hymn for the Condemned. 

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello BTB

That would be fine if it were reality. It would be a good way for someone with multiple personality disorder to deal with their condition, and

that's not intended to be a smart-ass comment.-just a lack of better words. Unfortunately almost no one can leave their religion at that alone.

If a religion starts with that premise with good intention it will inevitably be twisted and expounded on to something far beyond it's original intention.

People need God and Satan to blame things on, because they can't face reality.

If someone thinks that god is what they should be, they would have to understand god first. Most religions are forced to cling to the idea that god is

beyond our understanding. So how can one think that they should be like something they don't understand.

That provokes a good thought tho. - Why don't people claim that Satan is beyond our understanding?

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tony

Hey Tony,

Actually the OPIE is right and you're wrong. If you have a metaphore, the subject of that metaphore does not neccesariliy have to be based on reality. Since a metaphore is a figure of speech in the present tense of as and is.

But the OPIE has a kind of Manichean typoe metaphore going on here lol. A kind of gnostic dualistic scissorological view which is based on the Occult and Satanism. In fact that Aquarias Center where I've witnessed OTO rituals in my local town are extremely agnostic except they do not view it as a metaphore but as a literal rendering of reality.

But, nevertheless, there is absolutely no evidence in Scripture that God and Satan are metaphores. Since the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate this as such and since you have not, your view ultimately fails.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean do you have better

Jean do you have better things to do that to start sock puppets just to talk to yourself?

You are beyond the label troll you are a stalker.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey Tony,

Actually the OPIE is right and you're wrong. If you have a metaphore, the subject of that metaphore does not neccesariliy have to be based on reality. Since a metaphore is a figure of speech in the present tense of as and is.

But the OPIE has a kind of Manichean typoe metaphore going on here lol. A kind of gnostic dualistic scissorological view which is based on the Occult and Satanism. In fact that Aquarias Center where I've witnessed OTO rituals in my local town are extremely agnostic except they do not view it as a metaphore but as a literal rendering of reality.

But, nevertheless, there is absolutely no evidence in Scripture that God and Satan are metaphores. Since the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate this as such and since you have not, your view ultimately fails.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Is Joachim Vadian a metaphor based on reality? Or is Jean Chauvin a metaphor based on fantasy? Wait-I'm getting confused.

I suggest that the burden of proof is on you. Which one is the alter ego?

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia