Funny - Elves Existed and Evolved like humans

Dmasterman
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Funny - Elves Existed and Evolved like humans

I actually found this on a youtube video where a kid who at first I thought was having a D&D speculation fantasy was actually explaining how Elves existed:

here's a bit of the transcripts

The evolution of Homo-Sapien Elvenæ would have around 170,000BCE give or take a few thousands years in the north western European region, possibly as a evolutionary sect from Homo-sapien neanderthalensis, or some other Hominid we have yet to dig up. The pointed ears could hear a wider range of decibels compared to human ears, thus allowing them to hunt more types of prey based on sound perception. We discover new races of hominids every year.

":In the modern would, we are genetically diverse due to the ease of immigration. but lets take the clock back 2,000 years. All over the world, the genes go as followed, In the Americas, the natives all had black hair brown eyes, in asia, black hair brown eyes, in africa black hair brown eyes, in the middle east black hair brown eyes, in south & east europe brown to black hair, brown to hazel eyes. In north west europe. Red to blonde hair, blue to grey eyes.

where did these genes come from? for bright hair and bright eyes.. seen no where else in the world. Science has told us that the genes are fairly new, only a few thousand years old, but that they do not know the origin of the genes (there is speculation of course). North-west Europe also is the only place to have elves in their mythology.. In theory, these original elves interbred with man, introducing these genes into our genepool

Just as reproduction with neanderthalensis may have brought about the first white homo-sapiens sapiens, as the first humans were all black. Homo-Sapien Elvenæ is a possible deliverer of the Gene for extremely pale skin, bright red/blonde hair, and blue/gray eyes. The gene for blue eyes in homo-sapiens sapiens is fairly new, only introduced a few thousand years ago, possibly if anatomically modern humans interbred with Homo-Sapien Elvenæ.

But some neanderthals lived in central europe, and even in the alps away from any source of seafood, as well as the syberian natives who do not live anywhere near a sea. They had no blond hair or light skin, therefor this was not simply a deficiency in Vitamin D

the video is here:
youtube.com/watch?v=x42VPezVvGk

Dmasterman
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sorry for the double Post,

Sorry for the double Post, please close the other typo'd titled thread out!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Face-to-facer, eh? I'm

Face-to-facer, eh?

I'm still huntin' for those Celtic Neopagan entities that come about out of thin air simply because a crystal, somewhere... is being squeezed in the Earth's crust.

I believe they are referred to as "Pucks".

Their close cousins "St. Elmo's Fire", "Sprites", and "Elfs" are also fun to watch, but it's the "Puck" I have yet to slip across in live action.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Dmasterman
atheist
User is offlineOffline
how would you debunk or

how would you debunk or provide evidence to shut down a crazy like this?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dmasterman wrote:how would

Dmasterman wrote:

how would you debunk or provide evidence to shut down a crazy like this?

Smartassery. No, not me being a smartass... support what this koot is saying with a lil elfin cosplay. "Hey <soinso>! They really exist! Look at the ears... and the gangly limbs... and that robe! S/He has has to be a Gold Elf! It's the fucking 9th wonder of the world ZOMFG!"

You can have some wee folk drop by and say "I need a swig of some DWARVEN ale!"

Depending on how convincing and reliable the acting is, his inner, skeptical yet rational gnome will make an appearence eventually. Eye-wink

I... am going to continue my hunt for the "Will o' the Wisp". Airborne plasma and corona discharge is just such rubish fun, you know? Laughing out loud

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Dmasterman
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I have a feeling the guy

I have a feeling the guy actually does think he's rational. He said genetic mutation of environment "isn't a well accepted theory" and early homo sapiens breeding with elves is the ONLY way humans have gotten lighter skin and blue/green eyes or hair colors.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dmasterman wrote:I have a

Dmasterman wrote:

I have a feeling the guy actually does think he's rational. He said genetic mutation of environment "isn't a well accepted theory" and early homo sapiens breeding with elves is the ONLY way humans have gotten lighter skin and blue/green eyes or hair colors.

There's genetic evidence against what he suggests. It starts with Neanderthal remains having many "fair skinned" or albinism-related genes and.... *drumroll*

having a larger brain, on average. (1650 ccs versus a puny human's 1250-1300) Many have argued that despite the prominent (and somewhat ugly) forebrow seen in some people, and it's connection with "greater wisdom", neanderthals gave modern humans enough intelligence to be able to build civilization.

(not all of them had celtic features, as well)

No elves involved, either way. Genetics is a pretty tough science to "debunk", because it is used so heavily in medicine. Genes are present in Neanderthal remains.

Tell him if he sees the pointy-eared freaks... he can expect them to be promptly smashed to bits with a hammer from some guy named "Moradin". Laughing out loud

EoD?

Dmasterman
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I actually presented that to

I actually presented that to him where he replied;

"It is quite obvious not all neanderthals contained celtic or nordic features, as the spanned from europe all the way down towards india. only several north european branches would contain these nordic features, just as most of modern european humans is dominated by meditaranius, alpinic, and dinaric traits. One can not prove no elves are involved through collected mtDNA alone, Homo-sapiens elvenae would be pretty much genetically identical to humans and neanderthals"

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can he tell me where I might

Can he tell me where I might find some Vulcan children? I need someone to put my next desktop together + I could always use a study aid for a potential Ph.D.

In my (none-too-serious) theory, not only is there evidence of Vulcans on earth, but also ample evidence of half-vulcans scattered about two peninsulae of the north Mediterranean. I believe that there is evidence many great western philosophers and "wise men" were distant descendants of Vulcans making a home amongst early Neolithic tribesmen. These half-breeds gave rise to legends such as Romulus and Remus (no doubt referring to separate homelands of a cousin species not found on Earth) and Odysseus which refer to past Vulcan explorers who -with their inhuman strength, immense analytical intelligence and passionate origins- brought something of a now-forgotten history of their civilization with them. There is also  the Old Testament "nephilim" -humans, so strong and fierce as to be able to ravage entire towns!- refer to distant descendents who had gone awry in terms of psyche.

As a Vulcan can physically outmatch many large, carnivorous animals found on Earth... I don't care to discuss how I believe the Legend of The Sabine Women came about.

I'm still looking for their bearded cousins, though. And if there's elves... there's got to be a few short, stout and bearded peoples that dwell in places no human would live for fear of Rickett's disease -deep underground!

"Scottish accent not optional"

My guess is: if you can't appeal to their reason, beat them at their own game with a competing work of fiction.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
The hysterical thing is...

The hysterical thing is... as elves are people that Tolkein dreamed up to represent actual ethnic groups on Earth before WWII, your friend probably draws some of his justification from the LoTR books.

Eye-wink

Dmasterman
atheist
User is offlineOffline
First he's not my friend. I

First he's not my friend. I thought he was just fantasizing until he actually stated how his theory is emperical evidence to why caucasian humans look the way they do.

He states that the real elven mythology tolkein based his work off was from Nordic/German mythology in which the norse people claimed that these weren't stories but actually saw these 'elves'. The tall lithe figure, facial hairless, long elegat hair, colorful eyes, etc etc.

He actually states dwarvism is the true genetic descendant of real dwarves and people like "Zelda rubenstein" is proof. =/

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
So what, precisely... does

So what, precisely... does he attribute the unusual military might of barbarians, cultural heroes and/or adventurers in the pre-antiquity old world and beyond?

Say... the Nephilim, Sargon of Akkad, Gilgamesh, Odysseus, Attila, Sun Tzu, Temujin, Agamemnon/Mycenaean Warrior-Kings -who were deified-, Pi-Ramesses II (lived to be an arthritic 80 in a world of bronze tools, little effective medicine and possibly after Smallpox evolution),  Palace- and Labyrinth-builders of Knossos and most of Crete, Ebla Civilization, desertification of much of the Tigris–Euphrates basin via overirrigation and subsequent salination, the uniquely organized urban planning of numerous Indus River settlements as well as Anyang... were these all the work of industrious Half-Orc slaves?!

The thing is, the preoccupation with personal fantasy and stubborn rejection of the reasoning of others points to Cluster-A personality trait or even disorder. In one such personality disorder, there's a comorbidity with significant mental illness -IE, one of any number of types of schizophrenia.

Even if this person isn't mentally ill, it could be they WANT to believe in a Tolkein-esque fantasy fused with 21st-century reality as most moderately educated people understand it. If so, there really isn't much you or anyone can do...

Dmasterman
atheist
User is offlineOffline
vulcan theory

this is his reply to it

that argument ridiculousness. I gave an evolutionary basis for mine. Tell me, what did these "Vulcans" evolve from? What is their natural habitat? are there any fossils that are scientifically recognized that resemble vulcans? For elves, there is fossils that scientifically resemble them, humans and neanderthals. They have a proposed habitat, I have stated what they evolved from, and why they have their evolved traits.