Preaching

fjp800
fjp800's picture
User is offlineOffline
Preaching

Remarkable!  I had a friend & neighbor who use to tell me, on a regular basis, that I needed to be “saved” because I have no believe in a God.  Otherwise, I was going to burn in the  “Liquid Fires of Hell Rather than debate religion with him [people have a tendency to be a bit touchy when their beliefs are challenged], I told him that when I die I am going to bring along some chicken and have a BBQ --- Might as well take advantage of the "Liquid Fire" --- and asked him if he could bring down some cold soda & ice.  At this point he got really mad and said, "You better accept Jesus before it is too late for you" and left in a huff.  He passed last year [I am sure that he has the soda ready for me  ] and now I have another friend who has started to breach to me.  This time I decided to give him my opinion about the existence of God and, guess what, he got mad too.  I don’t understand what gives people the right to preach to others, but the “others’ don’t have the same right???  I guess they feel that they are on a good mission IE: “Saving me”. …. I would be on one too.. “Saving them” from wasting their time by praying to a non-existent God…

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Most christians think that

Most christians think that you are not just simply disagreeing with them, but satan is spreading the seed of doubt thru u. And if a brief thought of doubt were to pop in their head it is a sin  that u caused them to commit.  Making a joke about your imaginary damnation is a slap in the face to their Jesus.  I believe that most of them have some doubts in their head and their guilt over it makes them upset.  Their only recourse is to tuck these thoughts away in the back of their head and either deny to themselves that they ever had these thoughts or to admit it to themselves and ask jesus to forgive them later. Kinda twisted -huh? This is what makes me bitter. I'm not just an atheist but also a recovered christian. And to my humiliation I used to have this twisted form of (non)thinking in my own head.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi OPIE

The guy that responded to you is nuts. lol. THe reality is that God either creates you as a vessel of righteousness or a vessel of wrath (Romans 9:21-22). So from eternity it is determined what you will choose. Satan is used as the agent but God remains as the cause of the evil of your doubt for the agent of the devil to carry out.

But it is not usually the devil that does this. It can also merely be your flesh which is typically what it is on most cases. Your flesh was created as an evil entity that wil be used to demonstrate God's Justice.

If you have fear of hell, you may still be the elect but confused. If you don't, then yeah, you're probably a spiritual bastard.

So yeah, enjoy hell as the demons rips you in half with their hot teeth. The word saved means rescued from hell among other things. Logically if you are not saved, you are not rescied, and you will burn and be tortured for eternity.

Bon Appetite my friend.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

fjp800
fjp800's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:Most

tonyjeffers wrote:

Most christians think that you are not just simply disagreeing with them, but satan is spreading the seed of doubt thru u. And if a brief thought of doubt were to pop in their head it is a sin  that u caused them to commit.  Making a joke about your imaginary damnation is a slap in the face to their Jesus.  I believe that most of them have some doubts in their head and their guilt over it makes them upset.  Their only recourse is to tuck these thoughts away in the back of their head and either deny to themselves that they ever had these thoughts or to admit it to themselves and ask jesus to forgive them later. Kinda twisted -huh? This is what makes me bitter. I'm not just an atheist but also a recovered christian. And to my humiliation I used to have this twisted form of (non)thinking in my own head.

You make a good point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fjp800
fjp800's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chiving wrote:The guy

Jean Chiving wrote:

The guy that responded to you is nuts. Lil. The reality is that God either creates you as a vessel of righteousness or a vessel of wrath (Romans 9:21-22). So from eternity it is determined what you will choose. Satan is used as the agent but God remains as the cause of the evil of your doubt for the agent of the devil to carry out.

But it is not usually the devil that does this. It can also merely be your flesh which is typically what it is on most cases. Your flesh was created as an evil entity that Will be used to demonstrate God's Justice.

If you have fear of hell, you may still be the elect but confused. If you don't, then yeah, you're probably a spiritual bastard.

So yeah, enjoy hell as the demons rips you in half with their hot teeth. The word saved means rescued from hell among other things. Logically if you are not saved, you are not reside, and you will burn and be tortured for eternity.

Bone Appetite my friend.

Respectfully,

Jean Chiving (Jude 3).

WOW... A bid scary!  But, you may have a point!  I may be there already!  I have been married for over 30 years and there were times when she tried to rip my evil flesh apart with her hot teeth..   She is just a little "devil".

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well Jean, at least you've

Well Jean, at least you've thrown the "free will" theory out the window.  Not many theists will say "God remains as the cause of the evil".

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi TonyJeffers

Hi TonyJeffers,

Your name would be a good name for a sandwich stop. Hey kids, let's go to Tony Jeffers for some sandwiches, yean yeah !!!.

yeah, you're right. The area of theodicy has been wrong for over 1600 years influenced by augustine of hippo. God causes evil, but is not the agent of that evil. The agent of the cause is could be 3 things:

1) flesh

2) world

3) the devil.

Oh yeah, and freewill is a Roman Catholic Pagan idea rooted in the Greek Stoics, not in Christianity. Romans 9 tells us so called freewill is not, and that God's Sovereinty is.

Remember Subway sandwich guy, most christians can'tt think anymore in this century. The liberals have bit them so deeply, they have lost all their blood that causes them to think with their mind.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
So Jean

So Jean, I'm sure you already know my next question.  If God already knew what my choices would be, then what did we need Jesus for? and how can i be held responsible for anything?  Be careful, if a criminal reads this and goes out on a rampage tonight he might say Jean told me "I might as well".  Remember Charlie Manson never killed anyone directly. lol

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Sandwich Guy

Hi,

this question is very old. But i'll answer it again and be patient.

The reprobate still choose. They choose according to their nature. In true Chrisitan psychology, we would say this:

Choice corresponds to nature.

So because the reprobate still has a choice even though it it bound by their evil nature, they are responsible for those choices. But because they choose not to, they are accountable for their decision.

We do not know who these Reprobate people are? I mean, even the elect can be deceived or confused. But generally speaking there aer some clues the Bible gives us.

But the next quesiton that typically follows from this is if God damns people from eternity, then God is responsible for the evil in this world.

The answer to this quesiton is that no He's not. Since He is infinite and nothing or person is higher then Him, then there is nobody for Him to respond to. He is it. Thus all justice and authority starts and ends with Him.

Historically all Christians knew this via the Reformation. 99.999 % of the Reformation knew this and they escaped from the Roman Catholic pagain thinking.

Then Goerge Finny which even the free willies agree was a punk, started doing the altar calls and so fourth. He made the free will pagan roots popular in christianity.

But this is what we would expect. Society slowly started to lose it's intellectual thinking when God allowed liberals and pagans and atheists to take control of our society's influnece starting in the 1700's. to counter the golden age of intellect and logic (1600-1670 around).

lol. So yeah, you're responsible because you choose and bound by your flesh. I'm responsible and bound in Christ. We are both accountable.

And may God is just and merciful perfectly from Eternity.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hi,this

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi,

this question is very old. But i'll answer it again and be patient.

The reprobate still choose. They choose according to their nature. In true Chrisitan psychology, we would say this:

Choice corresponds to nature.

So because the reprobate still has a choice even though it it bound by their evil nature, they are responsible for those choices. But because they choose not to, they are accountable for their decision.

We do not know who these Reprobate people are? I mean, even the elect can be deceived or confused. But generally speaking there aer some clues the Bible gives us.

But the next quesiton that typically follows from this is if God damns people from eternity, then God is responsible for the evil in this world.

The answer to this quesiton is that no He's not. Since He is infinite and nothing or person is higher then Him, then there is nobody for Him to respond to. He is it. Thus all justice and authority starts and ends with Him.

Historically all Christians knew this via the Reformation. 99.999 % of the Reformation knew this and they escaped from the Roman Catholic pagain thinking.

Then Goerge Finny which even the free willies agree was a punk, started doing the altar calls and so fourth. He made the free will pagan roots popular in christianity.

But this is what we would expect. Society slowly started to lose it's intellectual thinking when God allowed liberals and pagans and atheists to take control of our society's influnece starting in the 1700's. to counter the golden age of intellect and logic (1600-1670 around).

lol. So yeah, you're responsible because you choose and bound by your flesh. I'm responsible and bound in Christ. We are both accountable.

And may God is just and merciful perfectly from Eternity.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

HelloJeanChauvin.Youcontinuetoflooduswithbiblicalminutiaeandboringchurchhistory.VeryimpressiveJeanChauvin.BythewayIoncehadsomefriendswhokneweverythingthere

wastoknowaboutStarTrek.TheywereobsessedaboutStarTrekandmemorizedmanyfactsandfiguresabouteveryconceivabletopic.TheycouldevenspeakKlingon.Theywereverycrazy.

Youremindmeofthem.

Respectfully,ProzacDeathWish(Judges1:19)