"War on Christmas" really a war on absurd claims.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
"War on Christmas" really a war on absurd claims.

Nice to see in a major media outlet all the skeptics responding to theists false cries of hate and "war". This story from the Huffington Post. It is about a new atheist billboard Challenging the virgin birth story of Christmas.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15/atheist-holiday-myth-billboards_n_1095456.html#comments

It used to be that most of the atheist comments on the net I used to find mostly on atheist sites. But now, everywhere I go, when the topic comes up, there are TONS of responses by atheists.

There is a war on absurd claims. Atheists, at least the ones I would consider moral, are not advocating government force to silence religion. But when believers claim virgin births or 72 virgins, or multiple armed deities, to us those claims demand a response, much as a response would be needed if someone today went around claiming the earth to be flat.

But there is no war on your Constitutional human civil rights. You have the right to go arround claiming the moon is made of cheese, and we have the right to call you on that claim.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like that one

I like that one comment that states : Ok Jesus may be a myth. But POSEIDON A MYTH ? C'mon, the tide goes in and the tide goes out, there's never a miscommunication, it always happens, you can't explain that.

Laughing out loud

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: It used to

Brian37 wrote:

It used to be that most of the atheist comments on the net I used to find mostly on atheist sites. But now, everywhere I go, when the topic comes up, there are TONS of responses by atheists.

There is a war on absurd claims. Atheists, at least the ones I would consider moral, are not advocating government force to silence religion. But when believers claim virgin births or 72 virgins, or multiple armed deities, to us those claims demand a response, much as a response would be needed if someone today went around claiming the earth to be flat.

But there is no war on your Constitutional human civil rights. You have the right to go arround claiming the moon is made of cheese, and we have the right to call you on that claim.

Sorry that is 72 white raisins 

Google alerts help me to find new articles/videos related to religion & evolution. I believe there are other tools. 

Do you guys use something else different? Am interested in how we atheists find those crazy things?

I do subscribe to god vine & christian post but getting sick of them. When I get the time I will unsub. 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/