Hello from the newbie

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello from the newbie

Hi.  My name is Poppie.  I am brand new to the forum, but not at all new to atheist society or theism debate on the Web.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you.  

"I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough - I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race." - Friedrich Nietzsche

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum. Like that avatar and screen name. Have fun and looking forward to hearing more from you.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hi, Harley.  Good to meet

Hi, Harley.  Good to meet you.  Thanks for the welcome.  

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hope you enjoy your time

Hope you enjoy your time here, theres intrigue, interest and plenty of comedy to go around.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome........

.......from near Toronto. Post early and often, Where are you from?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I am from

I am from Michigan...sadly.  I'm hoping to move to Austin, Texas or someplace warm...eventually.

Thanks for the "welcomes".  Smiling

"I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough - I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race." - Friedrich Nietzsche

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the site. Post

Welcome to the site. Post your thoughts, questions or opinions.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poppie420 wrote: I am from

Poppie420 wrote:

I am from Michigan...sadly.  I'm hoping to move to Austin, Texas or someplace warm...eventually.

Austin is probably the small center of calm in the storm of this state.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Neoatheist
atheist
Neoatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome. As an Austinite, I

Welcome. As an Austinite, I can attest to that. ^ It is unbearably warm though.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poppie420 wrote: I am from

Poppie420 wrote:

Can't say too much about Texas, I have never been there.

I was born and raised in New Jersey and currently live in the middle of the Bible Belt. As a very outspoken and open Atheist, I get a little bit more attention than I would sometimes like ( I am lying, I enjoy staying into it with all the people, my girlfriend might have a very different feeling about this Laughing out loud )

Of course, regions and where you live do not really matter. I was born into a very strict and indoctrinated Catholic background (in one way I should be grateful, it helped make me an Atheist). I have some family down here and some back in New Jersey, all of whom are praying for my immortal soul and are convinced that I am going straight to hell when I die. Guess they are not even granting me the possibility of the Catholic purgatory Smiling

Good luck on finding a warmer climate. I had a vacation in Florida, a couple of years ago, and thought about relocating. There are no helmet laws for bikers, liquor stores are open on Sundays, and there is all those beaches with certain scenery (ahem) to check out. Paradise for a heathen like me.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
 About 13 years ago I lived

About 13 years ago I lived in Austin, but only for about 5 months.  I got dragged back to Michigan.  I loved it there.  Even though I know Austin is progressive and cool, I do worry about living in Texas.  But there really is no escape from the insanity anywhere in America at this point, so I may as well go where I want to and not worry about the politics, etc..  

I, myself, was born and raised in Michigan.  There are tons of religious people here, although I'm not really sure if we are considered part of the bible belt.  I was never forced into or even exposed to that much religion while I was growing up.  I was skeptical about god even at the age of 5.  I was never a believer, I don't know if I was an atheist as a child...but I certainly thought it was all a bunch of crap.  LOL

I am certainly an atheist now, and proud of it.  I don't care who knows or who is offended by it.  My In-Laws and extended family are ALL religious.  I don't know if I would call them thumpers...but they are most definitely into religion.  My Mother-In-Law works at her church...it's her full time job.  They know my husband (their son) and I are atheists...they just never talk about it.  At least they don't tell us we are going to hell!!  

I do think that my Sister-In-Law prays for my soul, however.  LOL  At one point, my daughter was "Wiccan", and I thought my Sister-In-Law was going to pass out when she heard that!  Even though I thought it was ridiculous that my daughter believed in all that witchcraft junk, I enjoyed the reaction that it got from the family.  I can't help it, I love to engage in schadenfreude.   

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Neoatheist wrote:Welcome. As

Neoatheist wrote:

Welcome. As an Austinite, I can attest to that. ^ It is unbearably warm though.

One day I'll make a giant tinfoil cowboy hat, shade and protection from ridiculous business all in one fine piece of headgear.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 welcome to the forum

welcome to the forum Smiling

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Poppie420 wrote: Hi !

Hi ! and 'WELCOME to the MACHINE'   yep, Chritinanity is a HUGE IMMORTAL BLEMISH .

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Poppie.

Pleased to meet you - look forward to seeing you round a bout. 

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Thank you everyone for the

Thank you everyone for the welcome messages.  

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Hello welcome.  I hope

Hello welcome.  I hope you have fun here.  

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi OPY

Hi OPY,

The A for Atheism is currently masterbating with anarchy. It is a sick religion. Stop being an ilrational nut and repent and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ Alone to rescue you from your sins.

OPY, while you're obviously a fool, only God knows if you have a prayer.

I like New Yorks Salsa better then Texas.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
 NOW I have been welcomed

NOW I have been welcomed to the forum!  Smiling    Yipppeeeeeeeeee

Excuse my ignorance...but what is "OPY"?  Why is everyone OPY??  

Texas doesn't like you either, Jean.  

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.Lol,

Welcome to the forum.

Lol, Jean.

OP = original post, as in, the first post in this thread.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Ahhhh, I see.  I thought

Ahhhh, I see.  I thought maybe Jean just had an Andy Griffith obsession...      **pauses for emphasis**      I know, that was corny.  I'm in a strange mood today.  I blame the lightning.

I haven't been on the site for very long, but I am totally convinced that Jean is an atheist comedian who NEVER breaks character, along the lines of Colbert.  Nobody can convince me otherwise.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello!

Greetings from western Washington state! Welcome to the site! Don't be scared off by the few resident fundie trolls we have around here, there actually are some really fun conversations around here.

Again, enjoy yourself!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Poppie420
Poppie420's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:Don't be scared

B166ER wrote:

Don't be scared off by the few resident fundie trolls we have around here, there actually are some really fun conversations around here.

"I ain't afraid of no ghost!".  

Thanks for the welcome, fundies and trolls don't bother me at all.  I love a good laugh.

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poppie420 wrote: Ahhhh, I

Poppie420 wrote:

Ahhhh, I see.  I thought maybe Jean just had an Andy Griffith obsession...      **pauses for emphasis**      I know, that was corny.  I'm in a strange mood today.  I blame the lightning.

I haven't been on the site for very long, but I am totally convinced that Jean is an atheist comedian who NEVER breaks character, along the lines of Colbert.  Nobody can convince me otherwise.

I am afraid that Jean Chauvin ( John Calvin) is a hard core serious Calvinist that believes everything he says and as one who does research for other writers obtains information and subject material for his profession by being obnoxious to us. 

Welcome again to the site.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

Alaskan Atheist
Alaskan Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice to meet you, Poppie!

Nice to meet you, Poppie! And I love your replies to Jean... feed him that sour milk!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't welcome people as

I don't welcome people as often as I used to, because I feel I'm just inflating my post count. But whenever conversations stall and I have a few minutes with nothing to do, I tend to do so anyway, so welcome! And keep your heat down South where it belongs! Sticking out tongue

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.