julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
I prayed for a better God

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
You ignorant, ignorant

You ignorant, ignorant person.
Prayer doesn't DO anything, it's just a way of showing to God that you love him. Obviously a man can't change God's will (read Malechi 3:6, Ezekiel 24:14, James 1:17, Exodus 32:14 and Jeremiah 18:Cool.
Only the stupid think they are worthy enough in the eyes of God to tell Him what to do.

On the other hand. Maybe you killed him. No God is better than the Judeo-Christian one, so maybe he stopped existing (not that he was already here, being outside of space and therefore existence).

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't know what to say,

I don't know what to say, now.
I need help [maybe psychiatric...]

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, I think it's a good prayer

Maybe all around the world believers should conduct twelve months of rolling prayers, replete with those mind numbing buffet luncheons in the church hall, informing god he has 12 months to appear. If he fails to, the believers will take this as a sign he has found a more interesting planet in his toybox and will quit their faith. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Maybe all around the world believers should conduct twelve months of rolling prayers, replete with those mind numbing buffet luncheons in the church hall, informing god he has 12 months to appear. If he fails to, the believers will take this as a sign he has found a more interesting planet in his toybox and will quit their faith. 

I find that idea brilliant, Athe!

That would bring us to the brink of a new religion:
"God Has Gone, Folks!" cult.
Or a similar name.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote: Why so far

julio wrote:

Why so far nothing?!...

Maybe you prayed to the wrong god. Try a different one. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:julio

Beyond Saving wrote:

julio wrote:

Why so far nothing?!...

That would be a fun blog/youtube video idea.  Every night before bed you pray to a different deity and track it...see what happens!

Maybe ask for something unlikely but not too absurd as a sign...hmm...ideas, anyone?  Maybe get a small unobtrusive tattoo, and ask for it to be removed!

Good lord, this is brilliant.  Maybe get a little atheist "A" tucked away somewhere and agree to convert and worship the first deity to make it go away!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote: Beyond

mellestad wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

julio wrote:

Why so far nothing?!...

That would be a fun blog/youtube video idea.  Every night before bed you pray to a different deity and track it...see what happens!

Maybe ask for something unlikely but not too absurd as a sign...hmm...ideas, anyone?  Maybe get a small unobtrusive tattoo, and ask for it to be removed!

Good lord, this is brilliant.  Maybe get a little atheist "A" tucked away somewhere and agree to convert and worship the first deity to make it go away!

All gods that I know like to help with prayers for rain - that one is standard. You start by praying for rain - especially in the rainy season. Don't be too detailing: don't pray for rain for the Namibia Desert, for example. Don't be stupid and tempting the almighties!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:julio

Beyond Saving wrote:

julio wrote:

Why so far nothing?!...

Yea, pray to money. Sorry, couldn't resist, just being silly. Please don't hurt me.

Just remember that shiny objects are my god.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Beyond

mellestad wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

julio wrote:

Why so far nothing?!...

When trying the judeo-christian god, you can put a cloth (of wool, preferably of a lamb you slaughtered for Him, so He is pleased with you) outside, and ask for him to not make it wet in the morning. The next day ask that only it will be wet, and the rest of the land will be dry. It worked in the Bible... (Gideon, I think).